You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LTGSERIALBUTCHER

Epic Sadness

47 comments in this topic

[SOTHS]
Members
83 posts
13,384 battles

I am not saying my team m8's suck, but definitely there is something going on with WG mm that I don't fully understand, I am not that bad a player but I have a less than 50% w/l ratio which gets me saddled with teams like these, I burned a GK to the waterline, our only kill of the match

123.jpg

Edited by LTGSERIALBUTCHER
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[LUCK]
Members
1,944 posts
1 minute ago, LTGSERIALBUTCHER said:

I am not saying my team m8's suck, but definitely there is something going on with WG mm that I don't fully understand, I am not that bad a player but I have a less than 50% w/l ratio which gets me saddled with teams like these, I burned a GK to the waterline, our only kill of the match

Untitled.jpg

This too shall pass...perhaps like a kidney stone, but it will pass.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
607 posts
8,320 battles
2 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Probably with a lot less pain too, speaking as one who had and passed one.   

[SOTHS]
Members
83 posts
13,384 battles

I'm almost to my UU (Legendary Upgrade) on the Henry

I like DD's too, play all types, BB main, but I am working on the Henry (18pt Cap) right now and had 1 round with 4 kills and was a hair away from a Kraken that was "stolen" from me

Edited by LTGSERIALBUTCHER

Members
2,847 posts
36,590 battles
24 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Uh, some stones pass like an alien birth. Quite often surgical removal, followed by painfully broken glass like debris that takes a full day to get rid of.

No pain med will help. This Randoms meta is nothing compared to kidney stones.

You obviously have not had them.

I had them removed twice.

I wouldn't want anyone to go through it except... Maybe one dude... yeah one. But he knows he deserves it.

His blessing shall be his curse, let stones of grand size be the worst.

• Sad 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,628 posts
4,995 battles
33 minutes ago, LTGSERIALBUTCHER said:

Your win rate has zero impact on the teams you get.

The average win rate in WoWS is 47-48%.  To have a better win rate you need to do things that help your team win more often.  On a 12 player team it isn't all on one player so you can never expect to be able to win everything, but the more you do right the more you'll win.  With almost 12,000 matches your win rate is statistically accurate to your skill level.  Improve your play, don't worry about your teammates skill and don't worry about the match outcome, just do what needs to be done as well as you can.

• Cool 4

[LUCK]
Members
1,944 posts
Just now, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Uh, some stones pass like an alien birth. Quite often surgical removal, followed by painfully broken glass like debris that takes a full day to get rid of.

I wouldn't want anyone to go through it except... Maybe one dude... yeah one. But he knows he deserves it.

24 minutes ago, Altwar said:

Probably with a lot less pain too, speaking as one who had and passed one.   

Quite familiar with the pain. My wife still says child birth is worse.

Either way, step away from the literal and more towards the metaphorical.

Members
2,847 posts
36,590 battles
Just now, Wye_So_Serious said:

Quite familiar with the pain. My wife still says child birth is worse.

Either way, step away from the literal and more towards the metaphorical.

Yes, child birth is worse. Always.

You can't use kidney stones as a metaphor. Try using child birth as a metaphor and see if the wife thinks that is cool.

Some things just don't make good metaphors.

[LUCK]
Members
1,944 posts
4 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Yes, child birth is worse. Always.

You can't use kidney stones as a metaphor. Try using child birth as a metaphor and see if the wife thinks that is cool.

Some things just don't make good metaphors.

I always say “I’m crowning” when I gotta drop a deuce quickly.

lots of eye rolls with that one

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[WORX]
Members
10,629 posts
18,519 battles

I dont see sadness. I do see a very hard fought match in the trenches... Of which, 6 red ships win their battle and manage to sink one ship...

6 red ships sinking %50 of your fleet is brutal to say the least... In either of those battles, it could've went the other way...

@legozer Post a similar match experience earlier... I'll give you the same recommendation I gave him... "Self-Medicate" bro, next game wont be that bad.

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
51 minutes ago, LTGSERIALBUTCHER said:

123.jpg

I feel your pain.  People here will tell you to "git gud" which is useless when the real problem is that at least half your team is gone 7 or 9 minutes into the game while the Reds still have all their ships. I have had losing streaks of 6 to 10 games because of such teams.  Not all of us are a flamu who can carry in such scenarios.

• Cool 1

[ICLAD]
[ICLAD]
Beta Testers
101 posts
13,528 battles
22 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Been there, done that.  Kidney stones are no laughing matter.  You are so right about the pain meds.

Yeah, steamroller games are not really fun for either side.  The only good thing is they are over fast so you can move on.

• Cool 1

[SOTHS]
Members
83 posts
13,384 battles
26 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I dont see sadness. I do see a very hard fought match in the trenches... Of which, 6 red ships win their battle and manage to sink one ship...

6 red ships sinking %50 of your fleet is brutal to say the least... In either of those battles, it could've went the other way...

@legozer Post a similar match experience earlier... I'll give you the same recommendation I gave him... "Self-Medicate" bro, next game wont be that bad.

you looking at the wrong pic, in my match we lost 8 ships, I got the only kill on the reds

[SOTHS]
Members
83 posts
13,384 battles
26 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I feel your pain.  People here will tell you to "git gud" which is useless when the real problem is that at least half your team is gone 7 or 9 minutes into the game while the Reds still have all their ships. I have had losing streaks of 6 to 10 games because of such teams.  Not all of us are a flamu who can carry in such scenarios.

I don't feel bad about my performance at all, the enemy across from me ran, then another enemy chased a team m8 past me and i roasted him getting the honor of spilling blood for my team

[WORX]
Members
10,629 posts
18,519 battles
2 minutes ago, LTGSERIALBUTCHER said:

you looking at the wrong pic, in my match we lost 8 ships, I got the only kill on the reds

Of those 8, 6 were 1 sink red ships.. I think miscommunication...

That is what I was pointing at in my OP...

• Cool 1

[SOTHS]
Members
83 posts
13,384 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Of those 8, 6 were 1 sink red ships.. I think miscommunication...

That is what I was pointing at in my OP...

Oh lol I didn't read it right, thought you looked at the other post pic, my bad, I see your point, hell I didn't have to die but dammit I decided I was going to take 1 of the turds with me!!!!!

Members
2,847 posts
36,590 battles
1 hour ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Oh,argh. Okay, you win. That's messed up. Eat more fiber. Now I want to send your wife a medal.

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[SEA-7]
Members
247 posts
5,119 battles
3 hours ago, LTGSERIALBUTCHER said:

123.jpg

This is barely even a blowout. 🤷‍♂️

[SALVO]
Members
4,406 posts
3,801 battles

Epic sadness = Epic waste.

Lost oportunities and waste of resources are sad things to witness.

Epic sadness = CV implementation

Epic sadness = Sub implementation

Epic sadness = Canned Operations

Epic sadness = Stale game modes

Epic sadness = Dwindling low tier population

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
2,195 posts
7,270 battles
2 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

'Lurker' is the politically correct, graceful term. If you want to go even farther into innocuous terms, you might try 'contents under pressure.' Everybody is OK with that.

(ed. note: all universal disclaimers apply. this was tested on a closed course, with professionals)

OP, depending on how long that battle lasted, it may or may not be a blowout. If that puppy was over in less than 5 minutes, THEN it was a blowout. :o) Standards must be maintained.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[SOTHS]
Members
83 posts
13,384 battles
38 minutes ago, Spud_butt said:

'Lurker' is the politically correct, graceful term. If you want to go even farther into innocuous terms, you might try 'contents under pressure.' Everybody is OK with that.

(ed. note: all universal disclaimers apply. this was tested on a closed course, with professionals)

OP, depending on how long that battle lasted, it may or may not be a blowout. If that puppy was over in less than 5 minutes, THEN it was a blowout. :o) Standards must be maintained.

if I remember correctly the pain was over in about 7 or 8 minutes, we never got a cap

[INTEL]
Members
13,053 posts
36,003 battles
4 hours ago, LTGSERIALBUTCHER said:

Although T10 gameplay is garbage and I sympathize, you should probably stop playing T10. Check the average damage for the ships you play a lot, then check the server averages. You need more experience in positioning, keeping your ship alive, and in mitigating damage in order to play T10 and have a meaningful impact on game play.

For example, you have nearly 1500 BB games, half in just five T10 BBs, yet less than 150 at T8. That proportion should be reversed. Try going back down to an easy to play BB like KGV or Fuso or Lyon, and seeing about improving your BB play at a tier where mistakes are more easily forgiven. Then move up to T8. 

You have the same problem with DDs. Again most games at T10. You need to go back down to lower tier DDs, particularly T2-4 and learn how to carry a match. Nothing can teach you DDing like an IJN torp boat. Mastering IJN torp boats will also teach you to play BB much better.

You should also find some reliable div mates so you can carry matches with them. Learning how to support your DDs in a BB is super important for pushing win rates above 60% and damage above 70K average even at T7.

Good luck!

• Cool 2