You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GenBalck

Wins vs Loss

22 comments in this topic

[BBQ]
Members
7 posts

So I'm sure its been already discussed. But  I was just wondering how is that you can lose 7 plus games in a row and not win 7 straight. Am I the only one this crap happens to? :Smile_sad: Hell, I'll be lucky to win 4 in a row lol but then I'll lose 5.

Starting to hate this game:fish_panic:

• Boring 1

Members
111 posts
1,382 battles

maybe take a step back and look at how you're playing, see what you can do differently to have greater influence on the outcome of the matches you're in. 

• Cool 1

[TIMT]
Members
640 posts
3,426 battles

Happens, we have all been there.

By now I have learned to just walk away from a loss streak before I get too salty, otherwise it'll ruin your day. Often when I get two losses in a row I switch ship and see if I have better luck with that. And be honest with yourself: was it bad luck and your teams all got steamrolled? Then walk away, luck is not on your side and forcing it won't help. Have you played bad, made stupid mistakes (like me, sitting in a smoke knowing a radar ship is pushing in just waiting to be caught) you normally do not do? Then walk away, take a break or go to sleep. It might suck because you wanted the dopamine fix from playing the game, sometimes either your luck or state of mind is just not right. Win streaks do exist but you don't notice them often time because that is how our mind works.

It sounds stupid, but learning that it is just a game and if it does not bring you fun means you should stop playing at that point AND actually doing so has improved both my game and the fun I have.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Because you are far more likely to NOTICE that you lost 7 in a row, than win 7 in a row.  I've won 9 in a row and didn't even notice till I lost one and was like "Huh, feels like I haven't lost in a while".

It is that way with many things..you only start to notice when they get bad and suddenly forget all the good.

• Cool 3

Members
890 posts
14,048 battles

I once lost 12 in a row and 14 of 15.

I once won 19 in a row.

These things tend to even out based on your ability.

[WOOK3]
Members
4,213 posts
3,235 battles

If I lose 3 in a row I take a break, walk the dog, clear my head a bit and then see if I want to play or do something else. My mind gets fixated on the streak, which does my gameplay no good. 

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
607 posts
8,327 battles

Presumably the OP means 7 losses in a row in random battles.   I mention this because maybe after a stretch like that, you switch and play a couple co-op battles and highly likely you'll get back to winning ways?

[O_O]
Members
38 posts
1,801 battles

its not about losing 5 and win 4 but about winning 55 and lose 45 or win 550 and lose 450.

as long as i win more overal than i lose im happy!

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,578 posts
15,683 battles

Nope, never happens.

lol j/k

yes, worst streak ever had was a winless Sunday of 0-15. Best was 10-0. Now, if soloing and I lose three or four in a row I stop playing random. May hop in Operations or just take my Salem to co-op and blast bots.

[BBQ]
Members
7 posts

Thanks for all the replies :Smile_glasses: Yes its random battles.  It just gets frustrating is all lol.  My buddy just played today and told me he won 8 straight.  I don't think I ever won 8 in a row:fish_viking: It is what it is.

[REX-I]
Members
49 posts

If you don’t want to wreck your win rate, I’ve decided to quit or go coop after three loses. Three loses 90% of the time turns into a lot more quickly

[META_]
Members
1,228 posts
16,044 battles

I have a day of 10-20games around 50% then usually go on a 8-10 winstreak... I'm sure I've lost 5-7 in a row but alot of craziness had to happen for that to come about. In the last 6-12 months I just see the game differently  my dd and CV play have been really strong 💪... I put up video guides on my YouTube channel Meta_man2002 and here. Check them out. I go through my thought process, not just showing good games but the reasoning behind the choices made , subscribe if they help.. I put up a video every day or 2... Good luck 

Edited by Meta_Man

[KRAK]
Members
1,354 posts
15,249 battles
15 minutes ago, Meta_Man said:

I have a day of 10-20games around 50% then usually go on a 8-10 winstreak... I'm sure I've lost 5-7 in a row but alot of craziness had to happen for that to come about. In the last 6-12 months I just see the game differently  my dd and CV play have been really strong 💪... I put up video guides on my YouTube channel Meta_man2002 and here. Check them out. I go through my thought process, not just showing good games but the reasoning behind the choices made subscribe if they help.. I put up a video every day ot 2... Good luck 

Massive Moskva loss streak, loose two out of three, about 200 games since they gave us the ship back for free. Notice it can't be sold, kind of weird. It has also been surpassed by other Russian cruisers, so its more a food thing for the others to feast on with the latest and greatest. Why it has no value (credits). Kirov can be sold, but I do OK in it and won't sell it.

[META_]
Members
1,228 posts
16,044 battles
1 minute ago, Ericson38 said:

Massive Moskva loss streak, loose two out of three, about 200 games since they gave us the ship back for free. Notice it can't be sold, kind of weird. It has also been surpassed by other Russian cruisers, so its more a food thing for the others to feast on with the latest and greatest. Why it has no value (credits). Kirov can be sold, but I do OK in it and won't sell it.

Cruisers are my weakest class but my opinion is Moskva can be strong with the lazer shell velocity and 12km radar....I think one of the biggest things i have changed in the last year is my positioning. Not letting as many ships have shots on you or bad angles (broadside). I got all starry eyed watching the Yuro video( how to Moskva )and raced to her before i was ready. Now i am bringing her back from winrate abyss. I think she is a winner just can not play her like Yuro did because too many high velocity super pen guns out now even in cruisers.

[KRAK]
Members
1,354 posts
15,249 battles

I keep playing it, but loose battles like crazy. I have a minor in math (Kalman filtering) but just chuckle at my loss rate in it. I started hiding my stats as I was getting corrections from the team like " why did you turn on your radar just now, should have waited a little longer, we aren't capping at the moment".

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts
4 hours ago, GenBalck said:

Am I the only one this crap happens to?

Nope. Game is rigged. Play battle royal if you want a fair fight.

[5D2]
Beta Testers
13 posts
16,730 battles

WAR GAMING DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR WIN LOSES THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU LINE THEIR POCKETS WITH THEY HAVE PROVEN THAT OVER AND OVER. THE GAME IS VERY RIGGED AND LOPSIDED MUCH LIKE THE 3RD WORLD PAPER SHIPS WARGAMING KEEPS CREATING .

Members
1,624 posts

play one battle, and then analyze good and bad moves by watching the replay, and this even if you won. Then go on another random battle and repeat the routine. You'll learn more from your errors, and you'll think better key issues as positioning (see Meta-Man post). We tend to play more than we should and think less than needed. I read long time ago from a wise player that this game is more chess than checkers...Also, watch videos that really explain ships characteristics and how to play them well. Finally, enjoy each of your battles even if the reds turned to be better...no biggy...

Members
5,262 posts
9,950 battles

Because you don't remember the winning streaks...  Streaks happen both ways.