You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_6iron

game pausing for 1-3 sec

17 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Members
16 posts
13,134 battles

within the last 2-3 updates my game will just pause or delay for 1-3 seconds at least once every game.  I think it unlikely to be internet delays. Is this unique to me or I need to start looking at doing an extensive test on my hardware? 

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

It's not just you.. A couple of times in the past that has happened to me.. last time just this weekend.. was about to launch torps then everything froze then I warped across the cap LOL... Most often caused on the Net or sever end.  Data interruption.

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,223 posts

If you pause and then your ship goes faster than normal to catch up, it's lag.

[TDRB]
Members
5,308 posts
13,743 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_6iron said:

within the last 2-3 updates my game will just pause or delay for 1-3 seconds at least once every game.  I think it unlikely to be internet delays. Is this unique to me or I need to start looking at doing an extensive test on my hardware? 

I have been experiencing a higher number of momentary pauses during the game. Where is the problem is the question.

I do not believe we can rule out the internet. When locked downs 1st started we seen that our nation's internet was severely taxed. There has not been enough time upgrade the internet system and the nation is not back to normal yet.

[TDRB]
Members
5,308 posts
13,743 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

If you pause and then your ship goes faster than normal to catch up, it's lag.

Don't you hate it when your ship rockets forward into gun fire or a torpedo.

Members
435 posts
7,263 battles

Happened to me a couple of times last night.  Game froze, I thought I had been disconnected, then about 2-3 seconds later I was back.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,826 posts
25,945 battles

Been complaining a lot about the lag myself for a while now.  I figured it to be on my end, but apparently I'm not the only one.  Great, I guess.  Misery loves company.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,961 battles

Everytime : Brawlstars

My favorite is when I fire my guns, I start to lag but then hear the unmistakable "you just killed something sound" and get told you sunk the enemy ship.....all while still locked up. 

[OIL-1]
Members
1,446 posts

Been happening to me for the last couple months as well. Pause, then shoot forward.
Happened last night, and I happened to look at my ping meter as it was shooting forward
and saw 175ms, when it's usually 35ms. Went right back down to 35ms.

Conspiracy Theory #1,296:
Didn't this start about the same time the WGC was forced on us?
Might be caused by the launcher sending bitcoin packets. I'm just sayin'.

Further evidence. It's not happening in the other game that I play.

Edited by z9_

[TIMT]
Members
1,700 posts
5,581 battles

There is a mod in the modstation, i believe it is called 'ping light' which gives a warning when you experience packet loss (interruption of data flow). This usually manifests itself in the ship being unresponsive, torpedos/guns not firing when clicking etc.

Might be from most to least likely: client side (your connection, updates being downloaded in the background, roomates watching netflix or research material), your ISP experiencing outages, or WG having issues.

Actual freeze up where the audio also freezes and everything becomes unresponsive (cant even alt+tab to desktop) are indicators of at least software issues, if not even hardware issues on the client side. You should definetely backup your data NOW and look into this. Good luck.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Today has been horrendous.  Ping shoots up randomly.  I am 100% sure it isn't my internet as this has been happening to many people and I have 0 internet problems with other devices or services besides Wows

[WORX]
Members
13,209 posts
20,079 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_6iron said:

Check the heat on your system... Heat zaps performance out of your gear, especially on hot days...

[SLDS]
Members
138 posts
8,100 battles

I used to have this issue a lot because my computer would suddenly have other things it was using the internet for in the background like a quick check for updates for x y or z program or another game ect. Depending on your computer you may simply be able to go into a menu and tell it to give World of Warships priority over other things for your internet usage. I did it a long time ago and now the problem is extremely rare, maybe once in like 50 matches for a single second.

Edited by Shadow_Woof