You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Quincy71_GWP

FPS drops when using CTRL key

12 comments in this topic

[TF-62]
Members
123 posts
31,556 battles

Since the 9.6 update, I have experienced significant frame rate drops. With my Nvidia 2080 Ti I can easily maintain the max 75 fps of the game. However, now fps frequently drops to around 40-50 when in combat. But even worse is when holding the CTRL key to mouse over a secondary target. The fps instantly drops to the 20s and the longer you hold the key down, it decreases as low as 1 fps. It recovers after releasing the CTRL key. The Nvidia drivers are up to date. We have seen these issues with the game before. Clearly it is back again. It makes the game frustrating and intermittently unplayable. The ping also rises as the CTRL key is held.

Annotation 2020-07-13 145829.png

Annotation 2020-07-13 150020.png

• Cool 2

Members
28 posts
11,079 battles

having same problem with 1080TI....never had framerate issues before this newest update. Now, as soon as enemies are spotted my FPS takes a hit...and will fluctuate between 75 and 30,40,50 FPS depending on the action going on...sometimes even lower....

Even tried to lower the settings (have run on max since I got into the game 2 years ago with 0 problems) but that doesn't seem to help much.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,850 posts
24,524 battles

Same boat for me (no pun intended) with a 1050TI fully up to date. Always ran the game at low to mid 70's for FPS (73-77). Now it runs in the high 50's or below all of a sudden. I also noticed wildly fluctuating ping too. I am generally rock solid at 35 and it is all over the place now. Haven't noticed the CTRL aspect but will check and see.

Members
28 posts
11,079 battles

I just ran an experiment....turned reflections, sea rendering and shadows way down (or off)...and it didn't help at all.

And yes, holding down the CTRL key in battle REALLY drops the FPS....where everything just starts stuttering....it's crazy bad...

So, I don't know why turning off some of the most FPS-hogging settings had ZERO effect on the problem, but those are the facts as they now stand...

i7-7700k, 16gb ram, 1080TI...never had a problem with FPS at max settings before this 9.6 update...now having all sorts of FPS issues no matter whether i am running min or max graphics settings

NVIDIA driver up to date

Edited by PaceAdvantage_HB

Members
28 posts
11,079 battles

OK...some more testing...this time watching GPU utilization....

Usually my GPU utilization when I'm getting full FPS is anywhere between 60-80%....

If I hold the CTRL key down in battle and move my mouse rapidly back and forth, I will watch the FPS counter steadily drop into the SINGLE DIGITS....all the while, my GPU utilization ALSO DROPS down to the SINGLE DIGITS...so it's not something that is overtaxing my GPU (1080 ti)...it seems to be NOT USING my GPU when I hold down the CTRL key in battle....lol

What could be causing this? This has only happened since 9.6 dropped...and it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem because there are only a handful of reports on this....so strange.

Members
28 posts
11,079 battles
On 7/13/2020 at 3:00 PM, Quincy71_GWP said:

Since the 9.6 update, I have experienced significant frame rate drops. With my Nvidia 2080 Ti I can easily maintain the max 75 fps of the game. However, now fps frequently drops to around 40-50 when in combat. But even worse is when holding the CTRL key to mouse over a secondary target. The fps instantly drops to the 20s and the longer you hold the key down, it decreases as low as 1 fps. It recovers after releasing the CTRL key. The Nvidia drivers are up to date. We have seen these issues with the game before. Clearly it is back again. It makes the game frustrating and intermittently unplayable. The ping also rises as the CTRL key is held.

Having same exact problems with a 1080 Ti

[D00M]
Members
4 posts
2,513 battles

I see I'm not the only one with this issue. Using AMD's RYZEN 3, AMD RADEON graphics, ASUS system board. 

27fps is it's norm, two things recently became questionable. (only yesterday) Today has been fine.

1.  the perchase and use of nurenberg cruiser, my ability not withstanding but sertanly not lacking to the point of 0% 3                                             consecutive spawnings. 

2.  last night around 5-6pm MST was the first noticable inscadent, I text the team commenting on the state of fps.

On other sites this is called warping, and is a net work syncing issue isue and causde by resorce alocation or                                                        hardware capabiliteis.  since there where no notacable problems priore to yesterday, and the WofW, app                                                           updated in the middle of last week. The only thing that changed yesterday was an update on stream, at least                                                 for myself.

I hope this helps.  This was so saveare for my system it caused a boot faluer {I beleave}. I thought i was being hit                                                 with hacking attack.     

Thank for the well crafted game with some exallent rendering and sharpest details that could ever be expected from a vertual enviroment thats offerd for free( well, U know ).

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
241 posts

Just checked my game and it's running 120 fps, 35ms ping on an Alienware 3440x1440 34" monitor.  CTRL has no effect I can detect.  GPU utilization 50-70% and CPU 11%.

I9-7900X @ 4.5 GHZ, AMD Radeon VII, 64GB Ram,  water cooled.

Game not causing a problem on my machine.

Members
28 posts
11,079 battles

So, I've tried turning off Win 10 "Game Mode"...I've tried messing with a few settings in the NVIDIA control panel, like turning off Multi-Frame Sampled AA, turning power management up to max performance, etc.

I've tried turning down all the in-game graphics settings to low, that would impact FPS...

Nothing really helps.

And why would holding down CTRL exacerbate the drop in FPS during battle? I think that might be one of the keys to this...what does the game do when CTRL is held down that would cause massive FPS drop for some users?

Members
558 posts
5,048 battles

Was looking for a thread with my problem just to make sure I'm not duplicating and this one is pretty close.

While I'm not having a framerate reduction with the CTRL key per se what I do have is a hard freeze of variable length (1-3 seconds) whenever I hit CTRL in battle (like when designating a secondary gun target), whenever I open the voice message wheel, or whenever I open the score screen. 

Never had a problem like this before. 

GTX1080Ti for me. 

- who else is using GEForce experience overlay with instant replay recording enabled? I thought this might be the cultprit.

- what about Aslain's modpack? 

Members
558 posts
5,048 battles
On 7/13/2020 at 3:00 PM, Quincy71_GWP said:

On 7/16/2020 at 1:43 PM, PaceAdvantage_HB said:

having same problem with 1080TI....never had framerate issues before this newest update. Now, as soon as enemies are spotted my FPS takes a hit...and will fluctuate between 75 and 30,40,50 FPS depending on the action going on...sometimes even lower....

Even tried to lower the settings (have run on max since I got into the game 2 years ago with 0 problems) but that doesn't seem to help much.

On 7/19/2020 at 2:04 PM, roodalf said:

I see I'm not the only one with this issue. Using AMD's RYZEN 3, AMD RADEON graphics, ASUS system board. 

27fps is it's norm, two things recently became questionable. (only yesterday) Today has been fine.

1.  the perchase and use of nurenberg cruiser, my ability not withstanding but sertanly not lacking to the point of 0% 3                                             consecutive spawnings. 

2.  last night around 5-6pm MST was the first noticable inscadent, I text the team commenting on the state of fps.

On other sites this is called warping, and is a net work syncing issue isue and causde by resorce alocation or                                                        hardware capabiliteis.  since there where no notacable problems priore to yesterday, and the WofW, app                                                           updated in the middle of last week. The only thing that changed yesterday was an update on stream, at least                                                 for myself.

I hope this helps.  This was so saveare for my system it caused a boot faluer {I beleave}. I thought i was being hit                                                 with hacking attack.     

Thank for the well crafted game with some exallent rendering and sharpest details that could ever be expected from a vertual enviroment thats offerd for free( well, U know ).

Was having CTRL issues, and this fixed it for me: 

Members
28 posts
11,079 battles

I already had GAME DVR turned off in Win 10...but I went into those registry settings anyway...the first one mentioned in the video, I had set to off already. The second one was set to ON (or '1')...so I changed it to '0' per the video....then rebooted.

I've played one game...it doesn't seem like it's made a huge difference, although it might be slightly better? Will know more after playing a few more random battles (it was always MUCH WORSE in randoms vs. ranked...in ranked games, the FPS doesn't drop nearly as much when holding down CTRL as it does in randoms...must be due to higher # of players in random matches)