Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Khafni

Soviet T10 DD, R-10, WIP

8 comments in this topic

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,782 posts
21,559 battles

Just noticed another Soviet DD in the works on the WoWs Gamer Blog - the R-10.

Nice and fast at 43kts (WIP). It one-ups the French by also having smoke (did I say WIP?).

image.thumb.png.60ee5ecdb0706b8bf40f4bd05f594ecc.png

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/06/dd-r-10-soviet-tier-x-destroyer.html

Still a WIP but think I will want this one...

Edited by Khafni
a

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles
7 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Just noticed another Soviet DD in the works on the WoWs Gamer Blog - the R-10.

How fast is the fastest DD? This one will do 60kts (WIP). It one-ups the French by also having smoke (did I say WIP?).

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/06/dd-r-10-soviet-tier-x-destroyer.html

Still a WIP but think I will want this one...

Where do you see 60kts?  Your link is showing the standard speed at 42.5kts.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,782 posts
21,559 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Where do you see 60kts?  Your link is showing the standard speed at 42.5kts.

You are correct. I edited the post. The 60kts was torp speed...

[-K-]
Members
8,359 posts
14,162 battles
1 minute ago, Khafni said:

You are correct. I edited the post. The 60kts was torp speed...

Ah, ok.  Good thing, as this would be getting out of hand if DDs were trying to surpass Kleber in terms of speed.

[KWF]
Members
4,380 posts
6,405 battles

Have heard a rumor going around that maybe Khabarovsk will be mothballed, as it's one of the most powercrept tier Xs (ironic, I know).

An improved Tashkent would make sense as already at tier IX can perform most duties better than Khaba.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
10 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Have heard a rumor going around that maybe Khabarovsk will be mothballed, as it's one of the most powercrept tier Xs (ironic, I know).

An improved Tashkent would make sense as already at tier IX can perform most duties better than Khaba.

Well Khabarovsk was before RU Bias got turbocharged with all these recent ships. Had to dual it out in my  Musashi mid to close range to today against a bow on RU CA that was either tier 8 or 9 and was doing frustratingly low damage per minute against the thing when I by all rights I should have been scoring full pens or even citadels against it with how many shells per salvo that were hitting.

There are tier X BBs that can’t take those levels of punishment in such an encounter and yet these new RU CAs and CKs seem to be able to do it just fine... And while I am not against ships being strong and CAs getting some armor, but there are limits to what should be done.

Makes me nervous about this new DD as WG is possibly going to create something more OP than Kléber was and then not nerf it for a year or 2.

• Thanks 2

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,957 posts
2,451 battles
On 7/13/2020 at 12:16 PM, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Well Khabarovsk was before RU Bias got turbocharged with all these recent ships. Had to dual it out in my  Musashi mid to close range to today against a bow on RU CA that was either tier 8 or 9 and was doing frustratingly low damage per minute against the thing when I by all rights I should have been scoring full pens or even citadels against it with how many shells per salvo that were hitting.

There are tier X BBs that can’t take those levels of punishment in such an encounter and yet these new RU CAs and CKs seem to be able to do it just fine... And while I am not against ships being strong and CAs getting some armor, but there are limits to what should be done.

Makes me nervous about this new DD as WG is possibly going to create something more OP than Kléber was and then not nerf it for a year or 2.

Well from the stats that is has so far anyway, it really isn't much different from a Grozovoi.  I has the same gun layout but slower firing, worse concealment by a lot with about the only benefit being torps that reload a bit faster with 2 km more range at the expense of being slower.

They would have to do some serious buffing of those stats to make it OP.  I guess they could change the gun reload to 2.5-3.0 seconds and reduce the torp reload down to 80 seconds or something like that.  Hell if they did that, it might even be interesting.

[70]
Members
1,244 posts
6,855 battles

It looks like a minor net upgrade to the Khaba by gaining mildly usable torpedoes (like Tashkent tier "usable"), despite somehow having even worse guns (fewer of them, same ROF). Really, Tashkent is painful enough at Tier IX and Khaba... the ROF would be even more disgustingly weak considering the WORSE torps.

Verdict: Probably underpowered.

Edited by Guardian54

Sign in to follow this