Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dmal

Bot onslaught

8 comments in this topic

[APES]
Members
67 posts
8,547 battles

So a couple of years ago back on the public test server for update 0.5.9 they tried a different type of coop battle. Where you had to defend caps or capture a point against 16 bots. I fondly remember playing this and loving it. Sadly it never made it into the game as scenarios arrived instead. However, due to the lack of scenario redevelopment after the cv rework took out a little under half (right now more since Narai isn't working) I think this would be a good idea to bring back to give players more variety to play.

Give it its own separate coop mode like scenarios and maybe play a little with the economics to make it a little less rewarding than randoms but more than coop because it shouldn't be easy. I have honestly been getting tired of the same old battle modes and I think this would be a welcomed fun addition to the game. It really gets your blood pumping as you can charge in and continually slaught the bots but you have to be careful about it because you are outnumbered 2 to 1. Also, wargaming can put cvs in it because the coding for the bots should be the same as coop bots.35fdc630-4cc4-11e6-ae46-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

• Cool 2

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,553 posts
11,708 battles

We use to do a Training room with 8 CVs and ran dds against them.  This was before the CV rework.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Yes please.

Or, just implement the advanced bots that they tried at one point (cant recall specifically when or how far they got tested), that wiped the floor with cop players to the point that they had to remove them :)

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[APES]
Members
67 posts
8,547 battles

I forgot about the advanced bots

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,711 posts
52 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Yes please.

Or, just implement the advanced bots that they tried at one point (cant recall specifically when or how far they got tested), that wiped the floor with cop players to the point that they had to remove them :)

50 minutes ago, Dmal said:

I forgot about the advanced bots

The "advanced" bots acted like the worst Randoms players, running away as soon as they were spotted, cowering behind rocks, going in circles as they tried to "reposition" because they'd turn away when spotted and then turn towards when not spotted, and so on. 

They weren't more challenging, and the only co-op players they "wiped out" were those who refused to adapt to the different behavior. 

The backlash from co-op mains wasn't because it was "too hard", it was because the "advanced" bots were boring to play against, and made battles take three times as long for worse payout. 

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
9,560 posts
8,505 battles
6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The "advanced" bots acted like the worst Randoms players, running away as soon as they were spotted, cowering behind rocks, going in circles as they tried to "reposition" because they'd turn away when spotted and then turn towards when not spotted, and so on. 

They weren't more challenging, and the only co-op players they "wiped out" were those who refused to adapt to the different behavior. 

The backlash from co-op mains wasn't because it was "too hard", it was because the "advanced" bots were boring to play against, and made battles take three times as long for worse payout. 

I still remember chasing chasing two bot St. Louis' to the edge of the map.  In a Kolberg.

(Not so) good times.

• Cool 3

Members
2,812 posts
36,535 battles

I think a few additional co-op scenarios would work.

I have an idea of one. Scotland mode.

In this mode there is 11 players versus 44 bots. Match ends when all bots are gone. No points. But here is the kicker. That is just first wave. Second wave is 66 bots and third is crazy 88s. It's the final wave. But if you managed to survive that, then a tartan is custom made in your honor.

If you are wearing a shirt by end of battle, then you are doing it wrong.

Add spectators too. It should be a real hoot.

• Funny 3

[CO-OP]
Members
1,481 posts
24,657 battles

yeah advanced bots gave us the kiting Yammy who turned tail at the first sight of the green team. No thanks.

Sign in to follow this