You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MrTurtle49

Premium ship coupons

20 comments in this topic

[-TRM-]
Members
10 posts
979 battles

Hello, I have a question for the more experienced players. I am wishing to buy Alaska. I do have enough to purchase her, but I would like to spend the least amount of money possible. I have two main questions:

-I have received free premium "rentals", where I get a 50% off coupon for a premium ship for 7 days, and 3 days of playing the ship. Can I get an Alaska rental and coupon through that?

- V-J day is soon, what type of discounts do they do for that?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,417 battles

The cheapest way to get Alaska:

Buy signal flags-ultimate offer for $13

Mount them and participate in clan battles that's upcoming in 3 days along with your other economic camos/flags

Earn enough free exp to purchase Alaska in a week.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles
2 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

The cheapest way to get Alaska:

Buy signal flags-ultimate offer for $13

Mount them and participate in clan battles that's upcoming in 3 days along with your other economic camos/flags

Earn enough free exp to purchase Alaska in a week.

Or don't buy signals.  Just play and get it when you have enough FXP

No point rushing to tier 9.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles
4 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

OP has 518 battles and is not in a clan. If you push him into clan battles, he's going to get rekt and you know it.

@MrTurtle49, unless your account is a re-roll, you simply don't have enough experience to play a ship of that kind at that tier. You will be slaughtered over and over, except perhaps in co-op, and it will be miserable for you. You would regret your purchase, and your team-mates would resent your presence.

You would be better advised just to keep playing the game and let your free experience accumulate naturally. When you have accumulated a million, you will be much closer to being ready for her. 

By the way, Turtle, find a clan to join. The Lone Wolf clans supply all the benefits for none of the obligations and offer a good place to start while accumulating the benefits and working up your experience to join a competitive clan if that's what you want to do one day.

• Cool 4

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles
43 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

OP has 518 battles and is not in a clan. If you push him into clan battles, he's going to get rekt and you know it.

@MrTurtle49, unless your account is a re-roll, you simply don't have enough experience to play a ship of that kind at that tier. You will be slaughtered over and over, except perhaps in co-op, and it will be miserable for you. You would regret your purchase, and your team-mates would resent your presence.

You would be better advised just to keep playing the game and let your free experience accumulate naturally. When you have accumulated a million, you will be much closer to being ready for her. 

By the way, Turtle, find a clan to join. The Lone Wolf clans supply all the benefits for none of the obligations and offer a good place to start while accumulating the benefits and working up your experience to join a competitive clan if that's what you want to do one day.

07 Ensign

You worded that alot better than I did.

OP  - Grats on your 1st post

• Cool 1

Members
831 posts
4,679 battles
53 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This.

OP if you keep playing the game long enough, and as long as you keep picking resource boxes in the daily shipments, by the time you have the experience to play a high tier ship properly, you will have the coal and FXP to get one or two of them. Tier 9 Premiums are the best ship for grinding Silver, which becomes a big issue for free to play accounts when you start pushing through to tiers 8 & above.

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles
2 hours ago, madgiecool said:

07 Ensign

You worded that alot better than I did.

OP  - Grats on your 1st post

I don't know, short and sweet is nice too.

3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

unless your account is a re-roll,

Signs indicate that this is not the case, so good advice.

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,417 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A clan battle victory is 2500 base exp no matter if you are in squall or hurricane.

He just need to join a clan that's suitable for his skill level.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,596 posts
1 minute ago, DolphinPrincess said:

A clan battle victory is 2500 base exp no matter if you are in squall or hurricane.

He just need to join a clan that's suitable for his skill level.

Is it sad to be so out of touch with the vast majority of people who play this game?:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WOOK3]
Members
4,214 posts
3,235 battles

One of the worst mistakes I made in World of Tanks was to get a Tier 8 Premium when I had a couple hundred battles. It did not go well. Don't be me in ships. 

• Cool 2

[DOG]
Members
692 posts
11,827 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

^This.

Most clans will have bonuses - a fully expanded clan base provides you:

• -15% to the post-battle service for ships of all tiers
  • -15% to the cost of researchable ships of all tiers
  • +5% to XP per battle on ships of all tiers
  • +25% to Free XP per battle on ships of all tiers
  • +10% to Commander XP per battle
  • +10% to Coal that you receive
  • +10% to Steel that you receive

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,417 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Is it sad to be so out of touch with the vast majority of people who play this game?:Smile_amazed:

Would explain why there are tears running down your cheeks

• Funny 1

[-TRM-]
Members
10 posts
979 battles
On 7/13/2020 at 5:39 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Real quick I would like to say I am likely not going to get Alaska until V-J day. I have over 80 battles in my North Carolina, and I have researched Iowa. I don't want to play Iowa yet until I have enough credits for a full module build, so I haven't purchased her yet. I am pretty comfortable in t8. MM in t8 is usually t8-t9-t10, so I am not 100% a noob in t9. My stats are pretty crap but trending up quite steadily, and that is because for my first 100-200 games I had under a 40% winrate. Pretty bad. However the last 3 ships I have purchased are Mahan, Dallas and Pensacola(I am grinding the USN line). I actually have okay stats for those ships. I also understand Alaska's game play quite well (I think), since if I am going to spend some money on her, I want to know if it is worthwhile, and I've watched quite a few videos. I have played with Pensacola quite a bit recently, and really enjoyed the heavy cruiser gameplay. I do prefer battleship gameplay a bit more, and Alaska is somewhere in between, which would suit me perfectly. So, I don't think I would have to resort to co-op, and be too much of a hindrance to my team.

Another reply suggested I buy some flags, and grind to 1,000,000 fxp, I was wondering how long would that likely take?

I did find a clan, I did well enough in a battle and they invited me. It seems great, the clan has maxed out rewards. If I have to leave for some reason, I will check out The Lone Wolf

(If I haven't convinced you I'm not 100% a potato, I successfully have pulled off a mid rush on two brothers, and have yet to fail on one... XD But seriously, I did it and it was no fluke. I got Kraken, High Caliber, Dreadnought, Fireproof, and 2 dev strikes, 130 K dmg 3400 bxp in North Carolina)

Edited by MrTurtle49

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles

No, you're not a potato, but you're still inexperienced. In addition, it sounds like you've concentrated exclusively on American ships, and I really think you should broaden out and get a few more nations under your belt.

Don't rush to Alaska. Just play normally. When you get there, you'll be ready for her.

[CLUMP]
Members
825 posts
1,168 battles

Coupons for rental are random from what I have seen :Smile_hiding: You don't get to choose what coupon you get :Smile_smile: 

• Cool 1

Members
580 posts
7,376 battles

You are clearly interested in improvement.  Grind at least 1 line of each class to tier 8-9 before you make a purchase.  

Learn from your failures,  pay close attention to how experienced players get the better of you and emulate it.

Many players focus on their success and blame teammates for failures. Odds are when you are new any success you had was against horrible players, and the times you are getting stomped are you getting outplayed. 

Once you have that level of understanding, not only will you perhaps have the free xp to just get Alaska for free but you may change your mind about the type of ship you like the most before you buy a real money premium. 

I bought the atago way before I was ready for it,  and if I could do it all over I would have followed the steps above.  (Luckily I loved atago, but my stats for my first 150 games in it were shameful)

[GRAVE]
Members
1,268 posts
18,787 battles
13 hours ago, MrTurtle49 said:

Another reply suggested I buy some flags, and grind to 1,000,000 fxp, I was wondering how long would that likely take?

With premium time, all XP and Free XP flags and the best camo you got that gives both big XP and Free XP rewards (Spring Sky is best for this with 200% XP and 555% Free XP, but is very rare and very few people probably have more than 20 of these stockpiled) can net with average/decent games about 10k Free XP, with some monster games about 30-50k. It’s doable for the average joe about 100-150 RANDOM BATTLE games. Although Alaska (and US cruisers in general) are amongst the hardest cruisers to learn and very unforgiving of mistakes, yet are the best cruisers for their tier if you can master them

Members
130 posts
5,928 battles

I was browsing the in-game Armory and saw this rng dice thingy for 1500 doubloons so that's $6 I believe..It has Alaska on it and other premiun ships and flags.I took the chance and roll the dice..1st roll I got the Alaska with a 3pts captain.I dont know if it supposed to give Alaska for 1500 doubloons or Im just lucky.

Members
3,092 posts
6,672 battles
1 hour ago, Nimitz_Zumwalt said:

I was browsing the in-game Armory and saw this rng dice thingy for 1500 doubloons so that's $6 I believe..It has Alaska on it and other premiun ships and flags.I took the chance and roll the dice..1st roll I got the Alaska with a 3pts captain.I dont know if it supposed to give Alaska for 1500 doubloons or Im just lucky.

Hahahahahahahaha oh man that's funny. Congratulations! RNGesus blesses you, my child!

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,631 posts
4,997 battles
Just now, Nimitz_Zumwalt said:

You got very lucky.  For most people it will be something like what mine was, flags and a few camos, which not being worth 1500 doubloons to me I did not buy.  I want to emphasize that it is NOT cost effective to spend 1500 doubloons hoping the next item is something you want.  By the odds it is far better to just outright buy what you want.  That some players, such as @Nimitz_Zumwalt, get lucky should not spur you into spending doubloons to unlock those random bundles.  This is most particularly directed at @MrTurtle49 in this thread as he is a new player.  Never spend doubloons on crates or unlocks like these unless you are perfectly happy to get the "worst" items from the crate/unlock.  Always assume the worst and spend accordingly and if RNGesus blesses you with a ship or such, be happy.

Edited by Helstrem