Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cmjohnson207

Nuclear Submarines?

9 comments in this topic

Members
37 posts
3,985 battles

hi

so nuclear Submarines... to be fair I have thought about this for a bit, now just remember that this is just an idea ONLY.

so, what submarines should we do. well... I am thinking of a few First nuclear submarines

US - USS Nautilus - worlds first nuclear submarine

USSR - K19 - first USSR submarine

Britain - Dreadnought (S101) (not to be confused with HMS Dreadnought Battleship) 

I also thought of a somewhat cool but kind of annoying feature of nuclear submarines.

For instance. if the submarine's engine is knocked out, there would a percentage of a out of control nuclear "runaway" that can last for at least 30 sec in order to get the main core back online (with or without the engine being fixed so that this wont be a annoying problem to players), while the "temporary runaway" is on going, there would be some things that will happen to the submarine. green nuclear waste around the edges of the screen and slightly flickering and a Geiger counter going off a little, like as in a a few sound bits, this will affect the systems in the submarine such as longer torpedo reload time, worse steering handling and speed increase/decrease.

so yea, this is probably not going into the game, but hey, just an idea going out, noting bad is gonna happen

[TF16B]
Modder
620 posts
763 battles

Maybe as Tier X's? But then they'd probably be considered OP since all the subs eventually run out of battery power but a nuclear sub...it should be able to stay underwater almost indefinitely and travel faster than it's diesel counterparts while surfaced and underwater.

[POP]
Members
2,780 posts
21,694 battles
4 hours ago, cmjohnson207 said:

hi

so nuclear Submarines... to be fair I have thought about this for a bit, now just remember that this is just an idea ONLY.

so, what submarines should we do. well... I am thinking of a few First nuclear submarines

US - USS Nautilus - worlds first nuclear submarine

USSR - K19 - first USSR submarine

Britain - Dreadnought (S101) (not to be confused with HMS Dreadnought Battleship) 

I also thought of a somewhat cool but kind of annoying feature of nuclear submarines.

For instance. if the submarine's engine is knocked out, there would a percentage of a out of control nuclear "runaway" that can last for at least 30 sec in order to get the main core back online (with or without the engine being fixed so that this wont be a annoying problem to players), while the "temporary runaway" is on going, there would be some things that will happen to the submarine. green nuclear waste around the edges of the screen and slightly flickering and a Geiger counter going off a little, like as in a a few sound bits, this will affect the systems in the submarine such as longer torpedo reload time, worse steering handling and speed increase/decrease.

so yea, this is probably not going into the game, but hey, just an idea going out, noting bad is gonna happen

I'm all for Subs but no way do I want that class, do you want the game to turn into this !!!

[CLUMP]
Members
568 posts
1,000 battles

I don't see the reason for these types of subs to be put in the game :Smile_hiding:  

[GNOME]
Members
2 posts
648 battles

OK  some one beat me to this post. I do not post much, I just rather play but I truly love subs and what got me back in to the water. So lets got to the elephant in the room the Nuclear arsenal Given by time line ... these are t8,9,10. Lets look at the Ohio as a t 10 example

Hull config 1

24 × Trident I C4 SLBM with up to 8 MIRVed 100 ktTNT W76 nuclear warheads each, range 4,000 nmi (7,400 km; 4,600 mi)

This would break the game if this was implemented as written

So A Potential solution is to Nerf the living hell out of this but also make it ridiculous fun to use.

5-6  Trident I Consumables  C4 SLBM with up to 3 MIRVed 100 ktTNT W76 nuclear warheads each, AOE range 3 nim Cool down of 5 minutes from the start of the battle.  and a red targeting radical of impact to where the nuke is going to hit so you do have a chance to doge it

Ohio.PNG

[TRIGR]
Members
3 posts
1,076 battles

im disappointed that they removed the Submarine Battles. They were very fun for me because i prefer the Subs. It should have at least stayed as the continued seperate battle type but to just turn around and completely remove them wasn't smart. It halfway makes me not even want to play or give up another dime to World Of Warships

Supertester
13 posts
4,959 battles

The Submarine battles were just for testing. They haven't given up on implementing subs yet, they're just reviewing the data from the live test to determine steps forward.

[LOIN]
Supertester
794 posts
2 hours ago, Dark_Lord_Thraxus said:

The Submarine battles were just for testing. They haven't given up on implementing subs yet, they're just reviewing the data from the live test to determine steps forward.

personally I would love for them to give up in the idea. But what do I know I'm just a random guy in the game and in the fourms. 

On 7/19/2020 at 10:28 PM, ADM_PEGLEG said:

OK  some one beat me to this post. I do not post much, I just rather play but I truly love subs and what got me back in to the water. So lets got to the elephant in the room the Nuclear arsenal Given by time line ... these are t8,9,10. Lets look at the Ohio as a t 10 example

Hull config 1

24 × Trident I C4 SLBM with up to 8 MIRVed 100 ktTNT W76 nuclear warheads each, range 4,000 nmi (7,400 km; 4,600 mi)

This would break the game if this was implemented as written

So A Potential solution is to Nerf the living hell out of this but also make it ridiculous fun to use.

5-6  Trident I Consumables  C4 SLBM with up to 3 MIRVed 100 ktTNT W76 nuclear warheads each, AOE range 3 nim Cool down of 5 minutes from the start of the battle.  and a red targeting radical of impact to where the nuke is going to hit so you do have a chance to doge it

Ohio.PNG

flat out NOI! on this. Have you played NF (NavyField)? There was a ship there called the Monster ship, where the modulators would take it out for an event.; for, people to kill it. That thing had nukes and those would take out a 2 tier 6 battleships (highest tier in the game back then, for reference, the Montana in the game is a tier 5) in one shot, I mean one .  This thing would be able to do that beyond anyone's range. Actually I've seen this thing single handedly wipe out an ENTIRE  TEAM of 60 players!!,just with nukes.  Also, I went to Submarine school, their is 7 warheads or more in each missile. This means the missile would break up into multiple warheads that could wipe out a city, that being said 1 warhead could possibly (these are rough estimates) wipe out 4 Tier 10 battleships in one blow. Plus the sub would be able to do this while remaining submerged being completely immune to return fire. Their is absolutely no way you can make that balanced for the game. 

Even if you were to use this without the additional warheads, these missiles are guided which means there is no way you can dodge them. Plus the blast radius would be a very large portion on the map sinking everyone, if not crippling everyone in the blast radius. Possibly a size of a medium sized island.  For all the ships with speeds of 23 knots or maybe 25-28 knots (like the new U.S BBs) would probably die instantly they would have no chance in getting out of the way. 

Again their is NO WAY! you can make that balanced.

Also would like to point out, for me at least. It would completely ruin the game and defeat the purpose of playing the game. ( Iv'e been playing the game since it was in Alpha) I play this game because of the historical ships I can play with (well more or less...) Guided missiles, nuclear missiles, nuclear powered subs... would all completely defeat the purpose of playing the game. One reason why I don't play W a r  T h u n d e r (the fourms, for some reason wont let me spell it in one word) on the higher tiers (because of the stupid guided weapons in the game). 

Also if you were add these in the game, this game could possibly be banned by some countries  if you were to add nuclear weapons into play. I think that's what happened to C&C Generals. ( please correct me if I'm wrong on that)

Edited by Starfleet1701

Sign in to follow this