Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
legozer

Yeah. It happens....

14 comments in this topic

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles

So, 160k damage, 3 kills and 2 solo caps in a German DD is a sure bet to be a winning game, right?

image.thumb.png.d36c664f08f90a666be58df174a11180.png

*sigh* All day has been like this. Oh well, at least it was fun (there was no CV, so that helps).

• Boring 1

[D33P6]
Members
563 posts

Welcome to the weekend.

Are we really surprised?  My worst teams are on the weekends, every weekend.

Great job, though.

Edited by HeadSplit120

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
2 minutes ago, HeadSplit120 said:

Welcome to the weekend.

Are we really surprised?  My worst teams are on the weekends, every weekend.

Great job, though.

Thanks.

2 losses in a row in the Z-46, and I think my average damage in the 2 games is somewhere in the 125k range. When the MM has your number, there's not much you can do!

[INTEL]
Members
13,072 posts
36,072 battles
17 minutes ago, legozer said:

So, 160k damage, 3 kills and 2 solo caps in a German DD is a sure bet to be a winning game, right?

*sigh* All day has been like this. Oh well, at least it was fun (there was no CV, so that helps).

Holy hits batman -- 160K damage on 280 shell hits. Astounding work.

• Thanks 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

Holy hits batman -- 160K damage on 280 shell hits. Astounding work.

German AP, when used properly, can have some real consequences.

Members
4,364 posts
11,269 battles

There’s a reason one of my ‘rules of the game’ is never underestimate a random team’s ability to throw a match. And especially with more and more experienced players leaving the game due to frustration and/or burnout and less experienced players gradually making their way up to high tiers, that rule is coming into play way more often than a lot of us would probably like.

I’ve had matches that I thought were 100% guaranteed win games (aka the ‘just stay where you are team and we win in less than 30 seconds!’ games), and then watched my five remaining (all 50%+ health, most near full) teammates all find a way to die within a minute, flip a 350 point lead in favor of the enemy, and lose the game. About a month ago, I had a game where we got up to 999 points with an uncontested cap ticking and still managed to lose. It’s one of the main reasons I’ve been doing a lot more division play in randoms, so there’s at least one other player in game with me I know I can rely on to not suicide throw. 

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
26 minutes ago, legozer said:

Come one old man :Smile_glasses:, I know you did great but, post the team results tab:cap_rambo:... Proper analysis cant be done with only a battle/match summery. :cap_old:

Edited by Navalpride33

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Come one old man :Smile_glasses:, I know you did great but, post the team results tab:cap_rambo:... Proper analysis cant be done with only a battle/match summery. :cap_old:

Bah! You made me do work....

46.png

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
2 minutes ago, legozer said:

Bah! You made me do work....

Its the forums analysis is what we do :Smile_teethhappy:. Now you can go back to self "medicating" after that loss.

TY big guy

• Funny 1

[CLUMP]
Members
837 posts
1,172 battles
12 hours ago, legozer said:

Carry harder next time :Smile_trollface:

[ARGSY]
Members
20,178 posts
14,340 battles

When the bottom part of your team comprises invertebrate pond life that can barely pump water over its gills without someone to help it, even the greatest carries are impossible.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
34 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Carry harder next time :Smile_trollface:

6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

When the bottom part of your team comprises invertebrate pond life that can barely pump water over its gills without someone to help it, even the greatest carries are impossible.

The most frustrating part of that game was that I actually could have carried harder. Aside from getting detonated (which was both fun AND engaging), I made a mistake at the very bitter end of things. Could have killed that Mushi at the A cap, then had clear sailing back to B. Time was running short, though, and I got a little excited and fell victim to premature etorpulation, and only landed my load on his bow.

Live and learn, though.

Team wasn't really horrible, either. Overall, it was a decent game. Our Fletcher made a really bad mistake in the endgame which cost us a reasonable chance to win.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this