Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1 post
216 battles

As a new player I find them really frustrating, not a good introduction to this game. Maybe this is only a low level problem and you don't face as many bots at higher tiers. But grinding all the ships to over level 5 you face lots of them. These idiot bots constantly launch torpedo spreads from behind you. They shouldn't be launching torpedoes from the second line with friendly's in front of them. I'd bet I've been killed at low levels 25-35% of the time by my own teams bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,806
[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
4 minutes ago, EzoSaul said:

As a new player I find them really frustrating, not a good introduction to this game. Maybe this is only a low level problem and you don't face as many bots at higher tiers. But grinding all the ships to over level 5 you face lots of them. These idiot bots constantly launch torpedo spreads from behind you. They shouldn't be launching torpedoes from the second line with friendly's in front of them. I'd bet I've been killed at low levels 25-35% of the time by my own teams bots.

Human players are no better...

Enjoy your AI experience, its meant to break you into the game... Once you're away from the confines of protective MM, bots are the least of your worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
260
[PVE]
Members
1,032 posts
8,584 battles
20 minutes ago, EzoSaul said:

As a new player I find them really frustrating, not a good introduction to this game. Maybe this is only a low level problem and you don't face as many bots at higher tiers. But grinding all the ships to over level 5 you face lots of them. These idiot bots constantly launch torpedo spreads from behind you. They shouldn't be launching torpedoes from the second line with friendly's in front of them. I'd bet I've been killed at low levels 25-35% of the time by my own teams bots.

They are actually perfectly preparing you for the human players.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,759 posts
23,331 battles

The bot AI could use a few tweaks, I've been torped in coop by green bots when the enemy was in the opposite direction at the start of a match.

However real players will do all sorts of stupid and dangerous things with torpedoes. It's more frustrating than what the bots do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
430
[MR-1]
Members
1,123 posts
18,691 battles

they have already tweeked the bots over the few years  . now there reload everything much quicker and  constantly put the fires out  no matter how many times you set them ablaze 

there was one game last year that a BOT pensicola  launched torps  and it doesnt have any 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
976
[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

Way too many human players launch torps from behind friendlies, too. And then they yell at you for getting hit by their ordinance.

Mr. Torpedo is nobody's friend once he leaves the tube. Not yours, not mine, and certainly not the enemy's. One of my favorite things I've heard the best known WoWS youtube channel say. I'm paraphrasing heavily, but the meaning gets across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
976
[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
1 hour ago, Gaelic_knight said:

they have already tweeked the bots over the few years  . now there reload everything much quicker and  constantly put the fires out  no matter how many times you set them ablaze 

there was one game last year that a BOT pensicola  launched torps  and it doesnt have any 

That seems like a stretch. I'd sooner assume that some other bot launched them and it seemed as if Pepsicola sent them your way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
976
[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
1 hour ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

The bot AI could use a few tweaks, I've been torped in coop by green bots when the enemy was in the opposite direction at the start of a match.

However real players will do all sorts of stupid and dangerous things with torpedoes. It's more frustrating than what the bots do.

That's a bug related to when the torps used to sometimes go backwards and thus out the wrong side of the ship. The bots have the same bug, it just never got fixed.

It's saved my bacon plenty of times, too! :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,759 posts
23,331 battles
7 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

That's a bug related to when the torps used to sometimes go backwards and thus out the wrong side of the ship. The bots have the same bug, it just never got fixed.

It's saved my bacon plenty of times, too! :cap_haloween:

When I observed it last there was a mountain in front of the bot and me so neither of us could fire torps at the red bots yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
7 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

That's a bug related to when the torps used to sometimes go backwards and thus out the wrong side of the ship. The bots have the same bug, it just never got fixed.

It's saved my bacon plenty of times, too! :cap_haloween:

Another interesting bug I've seen is when torps are launched through a friendly so long as they're within the minimum range.  Happened to me about a month ago - a bot DD was right next to me and suddenly I launched a full spread of torps!  I was in a BB.  I realized they'd come from behind me, but the DD was so close the torps hadn't 'armed' yet.  I suspect that torps don't become a physical object in the game until they're reached that minimum distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
976
[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
On 7/13/2020 at 9:17 AM, 1SneakyDevil said:

When I observed it last there was a mountain in front of the bot and me so neither of us could fire torps at the red bots yet.

To be fair, I've seen bots torp islands before, too. Sometimes they get a little to excited and fire off early.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with why they beach themselves at time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×