You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

got the Graf Spee

20 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,313 posts
13,743 battles

I got the Graf Spee. Any other advancement in the ship build event will be through normal play. I'm not complaining, this was my goal.

I'm tired of the constant grinds so I'm taking a break.

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,819 posts
14,329 battles

Congratulations.

I'm on dockyard phase 14.

• Cool 2

[RAIN]
Members
284 posts
9,617 battles

so i wasnt the only one who wanted to grab the  graf spee and damn the odin

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
817 posts
10,871 battles

Congrats OP!  I bought that Graf Spee a couple years ago (?) during a $9.99 USD special and while I've not been good with it, it's a pretty cool ship made cooler with the camo that comes with this event.     For myself, I'm waiting for next week's directives and see how I manage them to see if I can finish.   I thought this week's one was going to be easy but the battleship portion proved to be a strong challenge to me.   I think if I can finish with the 18 phases, I'll give it a serious thought to buy the doubloons needed for the last 2 phases.  I've some extra pocket cash that was aimed for the California but that's on hold (at best).

• Cool 2

[GWG]
Members
7,585 posts
14,441 battles

The Graf Spee is real history.  In the early days of WOWS, I begged and pleaded for this ship.

Then I earned it in a Christmas event.  Although it's not an OP Seal Clubber, it's definitely a versatile ship for where it is.

Have fun !!!

• Cool 2

Members
4,133 posts
14,795 battles

Got it, didnt like it; but only played one game.

Had too much fun watching the bizarre actions of low-mid tier new players. So at least I got to experience that again.

Will try it again later. 

• Cool 1

[N2O]
[N2O]
Members
114 posts
4,358 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

I got the Graf Spee. Any other advancement in the ship build event will be through normal play. I'm not complaining, this was my goal.

Same.

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,313 posts
13,743 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's a fun ship, enjoy.  

Not paying enough attention when I purchased my 1st premium I ended up with the HSF version of the Graf Spee. This was a chance to correct that mistake.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,325 posts
14,923 battles
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Yeah, I do with they would leave a little down time between the events but they don't so we have to provide our own. This is not an important event for me and I will be happy if I get one ship and I will be happy even if I don't.

[A-D-F]
Members
128 posts
23,243 battles
45 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Not paying enough attention when I purchased my 1st premium I ended up with the HSF version of the Graf Spee. This was a chance to correct that mistake.

The HSF Graff Spee is actually the betyter of the two. its perm camo is a better earner than the standard Graff Spee.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,415 posts
18,358 battles
8 hours ago, kgh52 said:

A sensible, rational and well-founded decision.

8 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I took mine during Euro Destroyers Part 2, which had absolutely no directives or specific missions of any kind. Okay, so I went in hard on the Jerzy campaign, but that was long enough and matched well enough with things I needed to do anyway that the four weeks off from directives really did feel like a break. 

I'd actually been looking forward to a week or two at low speed after finishing the Dockyard, but WG decided to drop a second set of directives on us. LOL! No sweat, though; they're not THAT onerous, and they actually don't mesh at all badly with what's left of the Dockyard - which I do want to finish, even if I don't get the Odin, because I don't think it's really fair to write a critique on an event I could have finished but didn't. People might wonder if 'didn't' really meant 'couldn't'. 

(This is as opposed to the PR event, which I stated right at the start that I had no intent of finishing, but actually got much further in than I originally dreamed possible - so much so that if I'd kept my eye on the ball and tried just a bit harder, I might have cut down the PR's cost to an extent that I'd be willing to pay for. But that was my bad, and I owned it at the time. Like the Benham grind, it will remain one of my frustrating "if only" moments.)

[TORCH]
Members
711 posts
18,985 battles

I'm with you OP.  I wanted the Graf Spee.  I could care less about the Odin.  I got the Graf Spee.  I'm happy.  I'll do no more grinding on this event.  I'll finish a few more of the directives, just in the normal course of play.  Whatever rewards I get for those are icing on the cake.

• Cool 1

Members
156 posts
6,722 battles

I'm not really into the odin event but what if you already have graf spee before the event. Am I going to do the 1st directive?

Edited by Nimitz_Zumwalt

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
10 minutes ago, Nimitz_Zumwalt said:

I'm not really into the odin event but what if you already have graf spee before the event. Am I going to do the 1st directive?

If you already had the Graf Spee, and get to the Graf Spee in this event, you still get the port slot, the 10 pt German captain, and the new camo, with ~7 million credits compensation.  

Members
156 posts
6,722 battles
13 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

If you already had the Graf Spee, and get to the Graf Spee in this event, you still get the port slot, the 10 pt German captain, and the new camo, with ~7 million credits compensation.  

Thanks

[O_O]
Members
66 posts
3,076 battles

I immediately stopped grinding when I got the graf Spee.

It was quite some work for a ship that is not so expensive but man,

I love this ship!

Need to watch the documentary on YT soon...