Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
War182

Z52 is still the Worse teir 10 dd in Game .

47 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
407 posts
15,497 battles

Z52 is still a Joke ..12k radar counter your whole boat and ,CV's [edited] you . Playing the Z52 make's me want to play a different Game ... If you buff torp range 12.5 then at least it would have a chance ... Now it's a Joke .. Khab nerfed to the ground (needs a buff also) is better than it ..

• Cool 2
  • Meh 6

[NGA-A]
Members
1,284 posts
7,380 battles

Then play a different game.  I mean is it really that big a deal?  There's some ships I don't particularly like or do bad in so I play a different ship.  Or I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone who complains about ships either nerfed or worthless.  Apply to be a supertester and help make the game better based on your suggestions.

• Cool 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[-TNT-]
Members
407 posts
15,497 battles

67k is my best game in the z52 since the buff ..... It is so painful to play Wargaming should pay us doubloons for pain and suffering ...... 12k still ruins your day ..and all ways 2 to 3 boat using it on you capping ..Cv's still [edited] you all day long ...and 10.5 k 4x2 torp wont reach the 12k radar CL ... Yea it's a bad Joke ...

shot-20.07.12_20.27.57-0915.jpg

shot-20.07.08_23.57.06-0437.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Meh 5

[-TNT-]
Members
407 posts
15,497 battles
2 minutes ago, Raven_of_Norway said:

Then play a different game.  I mean is it really that big a deal?  There's some ships I don't particularly like or do bad in so I play a different ship.  Or I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone who complains about ships either nerfed or worthless.  Apply to be a supertester and help make the game better based on your suggestions.

It's Germ CV event have to play THE POS ....... Besides on the forms trying to get pos ship fixed ...

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 3

[NGA-A]
Members
1,284 posts
7,380 battles
43 minutes ago, War182 said:

It's Germ CV event have to play THE POS ....... Besides on the forms trying to get pos ship fixed ...

And you think calling things a POS and using non constructive criticism towards a game or its components is going to fix anything?  I don't think so, just makes you look like you're whining, not to mention downvoting someone for giving you constructive criticism, sounds like you feel entitled.

Edited by Raven_of_Norway
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[PISD]
Members
1,282 posts
5,274 battles

Z52 received a buff, but not the one that she needed. Sure she is one of the few DD able to damage BB bow and stern, but her HE is so anemic that playing her as such gun boat will not get you that far.

What she needs, and I said it before, is an increase pen angle on her AP. Her AP is good, but right now if she face a competent DD player even a Shima can cripple her out of the battle.

[TNG-2]
Members
203 posts
14,166 battles

Z-52 has an incredibly high skill floor as it's been power crept.  You can still do well in her, it's just difficult.  I'm hoping for the addition of a heal like the one on Grozovoi, which was terrible until that buff.  Now it's great.

• Cool 1

[PIMPS]
Members
1,496 posts

Someone has to be at the bottom of the tier and what better than a German dd? -After all they did lose that war.

• Haha 1
  • Boring 4

[SIDE]
Members
4,700 posts

Wasn't an identical z52 thread just posted a week ago? Did it get locked?

Z is a fine ship. Cap bully with hydro and wicked fast torp reloads. I do think adding a heal would be a huge plus.

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts
55 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Wasn't an identical z52 thread just posted a week ago? Did it get locked?

Z is a fine ship. Cap bully with hydro and wicked fast torp reloads. I do think adding a heal would be a huge plus.

Yes, there was a thread about a week or two ago about how "horrible" the Z-52 is. 

The thread author's name seems so familiar... 

It's one thing when it's different authors just not bothering to check for existing recent thread...

...but when ONE person is spamming threads about the same thing, instead of continuing their OWN thread, it's just silly.

Might as will recycle my response from that thread.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[-KIA-]
Members
5,187 posts
13,160 battles

Does Yueyang not exist now?

Not only that, but Z-52 is fantastic so long as you

1. Don't rush caps early.

2. Conserve your HP

3. Save your hydros and smokes for gunning destroyers down or farming damage.

I've been pulling over 90k damage in Z-52, which is higher than my Grozovoi.  What a lot of people seem to do is see hydro and think they must cap contest.  That can wait, you don't have heals, and your concealment isn't good.  Extra props if you run the gunboat+concealment build and open water to melt battleships and cruisers, it's where Z-52 shines because her ballistics are quite good, only behind the Russians and Kleber.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[KSF]
-Members-
6,960 posts
10,605 battles

The issue is very clearly you. Not Z-52.

Run a full gunboat build. Easy 100k+ average damage. Can be applied to Maass and Z-46 for equally as successful results.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[-TNT-]
Members
407 posts
15,497 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Yes, there was a thread about a week or two ago about how "horrible" the Z-52 is. 

The thread author's name seems so familiar... 

It's one thing when it's different authors just not bothering to check for existing recent thread...

...but when ONE person is spamming threads about the same thing, instead of continuing their OWN thread, it's just silly.

Might as will recycle my response from that thread.

Yep ... Good way to make a point say it over and over and over , and over ....... Was not going to play it again but CV event forced my hand ....

• Meh 3

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles

FWIW I find the Z-46 to be one of the strongest DDs in the game, and the 52 is objectively better in every way. 

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,422 posts
13,457 battles

I wish they made buffs more inline with the unique play style of the German DDs, specifically its AP.  I would have loved to seen very forgiving pen angles rather than more mindless HE spam, maybe shorter cooldowns on consumables since the ship works around them so often.  I have been playing my Z-52 around a full gun build for ages so this buff fit right in.  My number one issue I see with players sending me German DD replays is they are too aggressive trying to use their hydro offensively.  Its great when you can do it, but you need to have a plan to work around enemy radar and CVs.

Here's my recent Z-52 game testing the ship out post buff.   I think it helped the ship a bit, and lowered the skill floor moderately, but I find it a bit uninteresting.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

I thought the worst DD in Tier X was Yueyang.  When the PADD Line first came out, Chung Mu and Yueyang were Rocking It.  A Division buddy of mine made everything look bad with those 2 DDs and it actually inspired me to work on the Line. 

Then WG did the Nuclear Option and these 2 DDs have never recovered.  People across the 4 different servers just gave up on them.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BOTES]
Members
2,192 posts
8,057 battles

I've liked Z-46 a lot so I'm not sure how Z-52 is going to be the worst T10 DD...you need to be a bit more passive since you don't have much range in either department. Use that torpedo reload to your advantage against enemy pushes. Most DDs are best when kiting.

[ANZ4C]
Members
119 posts
6,906 battles
5 hours ago, War182 said:

Z52 is still a Joke ..12k radar counter your whole boat and ,CV's [edited] you . Playing the Z52 make's me want to play a different Game ... If you buff torp range 12.5 then at least it would have a chance ... Now it's a Joke .. Khab nerfed to the ground (needs a buff also) is better than it ..

Its been, like, 2 weeks from the last time you made this thread. Is it really necessary? We all know its not a brilliant ship.

• Cool 1

[TIMT]
Members
659 posts
3,452 battles
5 hours ago, War182 said:

If you buff torp range 12.5 then at least it would have a chance

Daring also has only 10km torps, which is rough but nobody would say that boat is underpowered. 

I am currently at T5 with the german DD line, and I can say the torps are fun but the HE is just meh. Getting gunned down by IJN torp boats is humiliating to say the least.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
19 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

Daring also has only 10km torps, which is rough but nobody would say that boat is underpowered. 

I am currently at T5 with the german DD line, and I can say the torps are fun but the HE is just meh. Getting gunned down by IJN torp boats is humiliating to say the least.

Remember Kleber and her sh*t concealment, no smoke?  Her torps only go 8km.  There were tons of threads demanding she be nerfed :Smile_trollface:

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
6 minutes ago, Bereavement said:

Nerfing all radar to only 10 km would solve a lot of dd problems. 

No, because I remember when the USN Cruiser Split happened, you DD boys were crying like someone snatched your milk money.

[B-Z]
Members
123 posts
14,295 battles

Z52 is still fun for me, but it is powercrept. 

Instead of a heal, I'd like to see it get some 25mm plating, so it can stand up to other DD's better.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts
7 hours ago, War182 said:

Yep ... Good way to make a point say it over and over and over , and over ....... Was not going to play it again but CV event forced my hand ....

Then at least say it over and over again on your existing thread instead of spamming new ones.