Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Anyone know just how many new ships come out a year now?

24 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,695 posts
10,837 battles
18 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Just wondering if someone averaged it out yet.

Tech tree, premium or both?

[46856]
Members
2,039 posts

Hi Mouse

Both just trying to get a handle on how much product they are releasing on average per year now.

[ARC]
Members
1,077 posts
11,580 battles
44 minutes ago, Axe738 said:

There for a while it seemed like a premium every two weeks.

In the 3 weeks before this one they launched 4 ships: Ignis Purgatio & Ragnarok, Champagne and California. This week they released the new Soviet Cruisers Tech Tree Line and the Early Access for German Carriers Tech Tree Line.

A true average would require some investigation skill, or someone like @LittleWhiteMouse, as she keeps almost all Premium Ships release dates and would only need to look up the release date for the Tech Tree ships. But I will not find it strange for them to be releasing more than a hundred ships per year, including tech tree ones.

• Meh 1

[46856]
Members
2,039 posts

@Axe738

With the premiums and tech tree ships I got the feeling it was at least once a month to once per 3 weeks. If so compared to earlier times its a lot of ships I feel.

I was thinking along the lines of 1-2 per month Hanesco.

[ARC]
Members
1,077 posts
11,580 battles
11 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

@Axe738

With the premiums and tech tree ships I got the feeling it was at least once a month to once per 3 weeks. If so compared to earlier times its a lot of ships I feel.

I was thinking along the lines of 1-2 per month Hanesco.

1 or 2 per month would be for Premium Ships only. Before 2019, they will almost always release one premium ship every 2 weeks (so 2 per month). As they began doing more Tier IX and X ships, and the Testing proved some premiums were not ready, they began to accumulate a lot of Premium ships, and were releasing one every 3 weeks if some of the ships on that batch were not ready. Then they began releasing all those ships by now, so there are times WG introduces 4 or more Premium ships per month.

In the end, they are releasing some ships related to events, that run for one entire month (the Soviet event released Mikoyan, Ochakov and Ptyor Bagration at once, not including any other premium released then as I can't remember xD). That's the reason getting the average count for everything released by WG is so tricky.

Edited by hanesco

[46856]
Members
2,039 posts
2 minutes ago, hanesco said:

1 or 2 per month would be for Premium Ships only. Before 2019, they will almost always release one premium ship every 2 weeks (so 2 per month). As they began doing more Tier IX and X ships, and the Testing proved some premiums were not ready, they began to accumulate a lot of Premium ships, and were releasing one every 3 weeks if some of the ships on that batch were not ready.

In the end, they are releasing some ships related to events, that run for one entire month (the Soviet event released Mikoyan, Ochakov and Ptyor Bagration at once, not including any other premium released then as I can't remember xD). That's the reason getting the average count for everything released by WG is so tricky.

And there there were the steel and coal ships as well.

So maybe it was one every 2 weeks- 26 per year that's a lot of product. I am thinking they are going to run out of gimmicks after releasing Enterprise 1701 D. :Smile_coin:

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,818 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Tech tree, premium or both?

You're like Mr Wizard and the Shell Answer Man rolled up into one big, knowledgeable ball, you go girl!

[WG-CC]
12,695 posts
10,837 battles

Launch (2015)

This includes the Closed Beta, Open Beta and launch of World of Warships.  I'm only including ships that were made publicly available from Open Beta onward.  I don't care that Saipan or Tone were technically available at one point or another during testing -- only ships that made it out to the general public are included.

Tech Tree Ships at Launch:

• Japanese Cruisers (10):  Hashidate, Chikuma, Tenryu, Kuma, Furutaka, Aoba, Mogami, Myoko, Ibuki, Zao.
  • Japanese Destroyers (9):  Umikaze, Wakatake, Isokaze, Minekaze, Mutsuki, Hatsuharu, Fubuki, Kagero, Shimakaze
  • Japanese Battleships (8): Kawachi, Myogi, Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi, Izumo, Yamato
  • Japanese Aircraft Carriers (7):  Hosho, Zuiho, Ryujo, Hiryu, Shokaku, Taiho, Hakuryu
  • American Cruisers (10):  Erie, Chester, St.Louis, Phoenix, Omaha, Cleveland, Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore, Des Moines
  • American Destroyers (9):  Sampson, Wickes, Clemson, Nicholas, Farragut, Mahan, Benson, Fletcher, Gearing
  • American Battleships (8): South Carolina, Wyoming, New York, New Mexico, Colorado, North Carolina, Iowa, Montana
  • American Aircraft Carriers (7):  Langley, Bogue, Independence, Ranger, Lexington, Essex, Midway

Tech Tree Ships Added in the Fall of 2015

• Soviet Cruisers (1):  Orlan
  • Soviet Destroyers (9):  Storozevoi, Derzki, Izyaslav, Gnevny, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khabarovsk
  • German Cruisers (10):  Hermelin, Dresden, Kolberg, Karlsruhe, Konigsberg, Nurnberg, Yorck, Admiral Hipper, Roon, Hindenburg

Premium & Reward Ships:  This gets a little more difficult to pin down because different ships released on different servers at different times (seriously).  So take this next bit with a pinch of salt.  It all evens out by 2017.

• Atlanta, Kitakami, Iwaki Alpha, Yubari, Gremyashchy, Sims, Arkansas Beta, Aurora, Atago, Murmansk, Warspite, Ishizuchi, Albany, Marblehead, Diana Lima, Tachibana Lima, Marblehead Lima, Tirpitz, Fujin, Imperator Nikolai I, Mikasa, Blyskawica

TOTAL TECH TREE SHIPS:  88
TOTAL PREMIUM & REWARD SHIPS:  22
TOTAL SHIPS RELEASED IN 2015:  110

The Year of Balans™ (2016)

2016 saw the release of a series of problem premiums which would go on to haunt World of Warships for years to come.  It also saw a release of a large number of tech tree ships.

Tech Tree Ships:

• Soviet Cruisers (9):  Novik, Bogatyr, Svietlana, Kirov, Budyonny, Shchors, Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva
  • German Battleships (8):  Nassau, Kaiser, Konig, Bayern, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friedrich der Grosse, Grosser Kurfurst
  • British Cruisers (10):  Black Swan, Weymouth, Caledon, Danae, Emerald, Leander, Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune, Minotaur
  • Japanese Destroyers (4):  Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo
  • German Destroyers (9):  V-25, G-101, V-170, T-22, Ernst Gaede, Leberecht Mass, Z-23, Z-46, Z-52

Premium & Reward Ships:  Things are still a bit of a crap shoot depending on what server you play on.  These are in order of release.

• ARP Myoko, ARP Kongo, Mikhail Kutuzov, Kamikaze R, Anshan, Loyang, Tachibana,  Saipan, Texas, Molotov, Campbeltown, Diana, Indianapolis,  ARP Haruna,  ARP Kirishima,  Arizona,  Krasny Krym, Flint,  Smith, Prinz Eugen, Scharnhorst, Dunkerque,  ARP Ashigara,  ARP Hiei, Konig Albert,  ARP Haguro,  ARP Nachi, Leningrad, ARP Takao,  Belfast,  Perth,  Kamikaze, Katori, Shinonome, Missouri, Graf Spee

TOTAL TECH TREE SHIPS:  40
TOTAL PREMIUM & REWARD SHIPS:  36
TOTAL SHIPS RELEASED IN 2016:  76
RUNNING TOTAL OF SHIPS IN THE GAME:  186

The Year of the Carrier (2017)

If this sounds two years premature, you're not wrong.  It became a joke then and it's a joke now.  Wargaming intended to make some sweeping changes to carriers but quickly discovered the problem was bigger than they could have guessed.

Tech Tree Ships:

• Soviet Destroyers (3):  Podvoisky, Minsk, Grozovoi
  • French Cruisers (10): Bougainville, Jurien, Friant, Duguay-Trouin, Emile Bertin, La Galissonniere, Algerie, Charles Martel, Saint Louis, Henri IV
  • British Battleships (8):  Bellerophon, Orion, Iron Duke, Queen Elizabeth, King George V, Famous & Historical Monarch, Lion, Conqueror
  • Pan Asian Cruisers (1): Chengan
  • Pan Asian Destroyers (9):  Longjian, Phra Ruang, Shenyang, Jianwei, Fushun, Gadjah Mada, Hsienyang, Chung Mu, Yueyang

Premium & Reward Ships: Things have standardized now across all servers with few exceptions such as the Dragon ships and Makarov.  I am not including Anthony and Cyclne in the list of premiums here though -- they were vent ships similar to those issued for Hallowe'en.  These are again in order of release.

• Southern Dragon, Oleg, Black, Mutsu, Okhotnik, Alabama, Duca d'Aosta, Hood, Kaga, De Grasse, Enterprise, Harekaze, HSF Graf Spee, Gallant, Nelson, Graf Zeppelin, Kii, Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, Giulio Cesare, Alabama ST, Kidd, Huanghe, Ashitaka, Vampire, Duke of York, Makarov

TOTAL TECH TREE SHIPS:  31
TOTAL PREMIUM & REWARD SHIPS:  26
TOTAL SHIPS RELEASED IN 2017:  57
RUNNING TOTAL OF SHIPS IN THE GAME:  243

The Golden Age (2018)

Arguably the best year (so far) of the game, though that may be because 2019 and 2020 have been so terrible.  Maybe it was merely the calm before the storm.  Anyhoo, it's the most memorable year for me, with highlights including Haida and proposing Thunderer.

Tech Tree Ships:

• French Battleships (8):  Turrenne, Courbet, Bretagne, Normandie, Lyon, Richelieu, Alsace, Republique
  • American Cruisers (5):  Dallas, Helena, Seattle, Buffalo, Worcester
  • Japanese Destroyers (2):  Kitakaze, Harugumo
  • British Destroyers (9):  Medea, Valkyrie, Wakeful, Acasta, Icarus, Jervis, Lightning, Jutland, Daring

Premium & Reward Ships:  With the release of Eastern Dragon on the North American server, we're finally all caught up and ensuring we have access to the same ships as every other server.  This is also the year we see a dramatic shift towards higher and higher tier premium and reward ships.  While Missouri's release in late 2017 began this cycle, the direct sale of Jean Bart late in 2018 takes World of Warships in a new direction.

• Musashi, Roma, Aigle, Eastern Dragon, Gascogne, Varyag, Asashio, Duca degli Abruzzi, Z-39, Kronshtadt, Salem, Monaghan, Haida, Massachusetts, Nueve de Julio, Boise, T-61, Stalingrad, Cossack, Le Terrible, Jean Bart, Charleston,  Vanguard, Dreadnought, Bourgogne, Atago B, Asashio B, Massachusetts B, Tirpitz B, West Virginia, Prinz Eitel Friedrich

TOTAL TECH TREE SHIPS:  24
TOTAL PREMIUM & REWARD SHIPS:  32
TOTAL SHIPS RELEASED IN 2018:  56
RUNNING TOTAL OF SHIPS IN THE GAME:  299

Just Dodge™ (2019)

2019 begins with the CV rework.  Ostensibly this was only meant to last for a few months but it ends up dominating the whole year and casting a shadow over the game as a whole.

Tech Tree Ships: 

• REMOVED AIRCRAFT CARRIERS (-6):  Bogue, Independence, Essex, Zuiho, Hiryu, Taihou
  • British Aircraft Carriers (4):  Hermes, Furious, Implacable, Audacious
  • Soviet Battleships (8):  Knyaz Suvorov, Gangut, Pyotr Velikiy, Izmail, Sinop, Vladivostok, Sovetsky Soyuz, Kremlin
  • French Destroyers (9):  Enseign Gabolde, Fusilier, Bourrasque, Jaguar, Guepard, Vauquelin, Le Fantasque, Mogador, Kleber
  • Italian Cruisers (10):  Eritrea, Nino Brixo, Taranto, Giussano, Montecuccoli, Trento, Zara, Amalfi, Brindisi, Venezia

Premium & Reward Ships:  More high-tier ships than ever and more problem ships than ever.  This year also saw the re-release of Enterprise, Kaga, Saipan and Graf Zeppelin but I'm not including them in the list as they were simply modified.

•  Irian, Wichita, Alaska, Exeter, Azuma, Lazo, Neustrashimy, Azur Lane Montpelier, Azur Lane Yukikaze, Lenin, Georgia, Hill, Benham, Yoshino, Siroco, Bayard, Colbert, Somers, Smolensk, Friesland, Yudachi, Thunderer, Ohio, Ark Royal, Yahagi, Viribus Unitis, Genova, Sims B, Scharnhorst B, Graf Zeppelin B, Alaska B, Poltava, Gorizia, Puerto Rico

TOTAL TECH TREE SHIPS:  31 - 6
TOTAL PREMIUM & REWARD SHIPS:  34
TOTAL SHIPS RELEASED IN 2019:  65 - 6
RUNNING TOTAL OF SHIPS IN THE GAME:  358

I Can't Breathe (2020)

I feel like I'm watching a train wreck.  I wish World of Warships wouldn't help perpetuate that feeling of constant disaster.

Tech Tree Ships:

• REMOVED TECH TREE SHIPS (-2):  Moskva, Kirov
  • British Cruisers (6): Hawkins, Devonshire, Surrey, Albemarle, Drake, Goliath
  • Pan European Cruisers (1): Gryf
  • Pan European Destroyers (9):  Tatra, Romulus, Klas Horn, Visby, Vasteras, Skane, Oland, Ostergotland, Halland
  • Soviet Cruisers (5): Kotovsky, Tallinn, Riga, Alexander Nevsky, Petropavlovsk
  • German Aircraft Carriers (3): Rhein, Weser, August Perseval

Premium & Reward Ships:  I've included Moskva and Kirov into the list here -- just be aware that they were tech tree ships once upon a time.

• Indomitable, Bajie, Wukong, Siliwangi, London, Cheshire, Smaland, Mainz, Marceau, Orkan, Hayate, Mikoyan, Ochakov, Pyotr Bagration, Ignis Purgatio, Ragnarok, Kirov, Moskva, Shikishima, Odin, Siegfried, Agir, Champagne, California

TOTAL TECH TREE SHIPS:  24 - 2
TOTAL PREMIUM & REWARD SHIPS:  23
TOTAL SHIPS RELEASED IN 2020:  47 - 2
RUNNING TOTAL OF SHIPS IN THE GAME:  403

So there you go, @Chain_shot.  I think that's about as comprehensive a list as you're going to get.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 17

[46856]
Members
2,039 posts

I love you Mouse very much so- Thank you.:Smile_Default::Smile_Default:

Roughly looking at ships per year since 216 is about 50+ per year increasing the running total of ships from 186-(2016) to 358-(2019)

2020 is set to break the release numbers if it already has 403 in game at this time.

ehmm...I can see why going back in and re-tweaking ships would not be a desirable thing to do. The amount of released product pretty well demands power creep if you step back and look at it.

Edited by Chain_shot

[ARC]
Members
1,077 posts
11,580 battles
15 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Launch (2015)

This includes the Closed Beta, Open Beta and launch of World of Warships.  I'm only including ships that were made publicly available from Open Beta onward.  I don't care that Saipan or Tone were technically available at one point or another during testing -- only ships that made it out to the general public are included.

• Japanese Cruisers (10):  Hashidate, Chikuma, Tenryu, Kuma, Furutaka, Aoba, Mogami, Myoko, Ibuki, Zao.
  • Japanese Destroyers (9):  Umikaze, Wakatake, Isokaze, Minekaze, Mutsuki, Hatsuharu, Fubuki, Kagero, Shimakaze
  • Japanese Battleships (8): Kawachi, Myogi, Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi, Izumo, Yamato
  • Japanese Aircraft Carriers (7):  Hosho, Zuiho, Ryujo, Hiryu, Shokaku, Taiho, Hakuryu
  • American Cruisers (10):  Erie, Chester, St.Louis, Phoenix, Omaha, Cleveland, Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore, Des Moines
  • American Destroyers (9):  Sampson, Wickes, Clemson, Nicholas, Farragut, Mahan, Benson, Fletcher, Gearing
  • American Battleships (8): South Carolina, Wyoming, New York, New Mexico, Colorado, North Carolina, Iowa, Montana
  • American Aircraft Carriers (7):  Langley, Bogue, Independence, Ranger, Lexington, Essex, Midway

• Soviet Destroyers (9):  Storozevoi, Derzki, Izyaslav, Gnevny, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khabarovsk
  • German Cruisers (10):  Hermelin, Dresden, Kolberg, Karlsruhe, Konigsberg, Nurnberg, Yorck, Admiral Hipper, Roon, Hindenburg

Premium & Reward Ships:  This gets a little more difficult to pin down because different ships released on different servers at different times (seriously).  So take this next bit with a pinch of salt.  It all evens out by 2017.

• Atlanta, Kitakami, Iwaki Alpha, Yubari, Gremyashchy, Sims, Arkansas Beta, Aurora, Atago, Murmansk, Warspite, Ishizuchi, Albany, Marblehead, Diana Lima, Tachibana Lima, Marblehead Lima, Tirpitz, Fujin, Imperator Nikolai I, Mikasa, Blyskawica

2016 saw the release of a series of problem premiums which would go on to haunt World of Warships for years to come.  It also saw a release of a large number of tech tree ships.

Tech Tree Ships:

• Soviet Cruisers (9):  Novik, Bogatyr, Svietlana, Kirov, Budyonny, Shchors, Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva
  • German Battleships (8):  Nassau, Kaiser, Konig, Bayern, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friedrich der Grosse, Grosser Kurfurst
  • British Cruisers (10):  Black Swan, Weymouth, Caledon, Danae, Emerald, Leander, Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune, Minotaur
  • German Destroyers (9):  V-25, G-101, V-170, T-22, Ernst Gaede, Leberecht Mass, Z-23, Z-46, Z-52

Premium & Reward Ships:  Things are still a bit of a crap shoot depending on what server you play on.  These are in order of release.

• ARP Myoko, ARP Kongo, Mikhail Kutuzov, Kamikaze R, Anshan, Loyang, Tachibana,  Saipan, Texas, Molotov, Campbeltown, Diana, Indianapolis,  ARP Haruna,  ARP Kirishima,  Arizona,  Krasny Krym, Flint,  Smith, Prinz Eugen, Scharnhorst, Dunkerque,  ARP Ashigara,  ARP Hiei, Konig Albert,  ARP Haguro,  ARP Nachi, Leningrad, ARP Takao,  Belfast,  Perth,  Kamikaze, Katori, Shinonome, Missouri, Graf Spee

If this sounds two years premature, you're not wrong.  It became a joke then and it's a joke now.  Wargaming intended to make some sweeping changes to carriers but quickly discovered the problem was bigger than they could have guessed.

Tech Tree Ships:

• French Cruisers (10): Bougainville, Jurien, Friant, Duguay-Trouin, Emile Bertin, La Galissonniere, Algerie, Charles Martel, Saint Louis, Henri IV
  • British Battleships (8):  Bellerophon, Orion, Iron Duke, Queen Elizabeth, King George V, Famous & Historical Monarch, Lion, Conqueror
  • Pan Asian Destroyers (9):  Longjian, Phra Ruang, Shenyang, Jianwei, Fushun, Gadjah Mada, Hsienyang, Chung Mu, Yueyang

Premium & Reward Ships: Things have standardized now across all servers with few exceptions such as the Dragon ships and Makarov.  I am not including Anthony and Cyclne in the list of premiums here though -- they were vent ships similar to those issued for Hallowe'en.  These are again in order of release.

• Southern Dragon, Oleg, Black, Mutsu, Okhotnik, Alabama, Duca d'Aosta, Hood, Kaga, De Grasse, Enterprise, Harekaze, HSF Graf Spee, Gallant, Nelson, Graf Zeppelin, Kii, Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, Giulio Cesare, Alabama ST, Kidd, Huanghe, Ashitaka, Vampire, Duke of York, Makarov

The Golden Age (2018)

Arguably the best year (so far) of the game, though that may be because 2019 and 2020 have been so terrible.  Maybe it was merely the calm before the storm.  Anyhoo, it's the most memorable year for me, with highlights including Haida and proposing Thunderer.

Tech Tree Ships:

• French Battleships (8):  Turrenne, Courbet, Bretagne, Normandie, Lyon, Richelieu, Alsace, Republique
  • British Destroyers (9):  Medea, Valkyrie, Wakeful, Acasta, Icarus, Jervis, Lightning, Jutland, Daring

Premium & Reward Ships:  With the release of Eastern Dragon on the North American server, we're finally all caught up and ensuring we have access to the same ships as every other server.  This is also the year we see a dramatic shift towards higher and higher tier premium and reward ships.  While Missouri's release in late 2017 began this cycle, the direct sale of Jean Bart late in 2018 takes World of Warships in a new direction.

• Musashi, Roma, Aigle, Eastern Dragon, Gascogne, Varyag, Asashio, Duca degli Abruzzi, Z-39, Kronshtadt, Salem, Monaghan, Haida, Massachusetts, Nueve de Julio, Boise, T-61, Stalingrad, Cossack, Le Terrible, Jean Bart, Charleston,  Vanguard, Dreadnought, Bourgogne, Atago B, Asashio B, Massachusetts B, Tirpitz B, West Virginia, Prinz Eitel Friedrich

Just Dodge™ (2019)

2019 begins with the CV rework.  Ostensibly this was only meant to last for a few months but it ends up dominating the whole year and casting a shadow over the game as a whole.

Tech Tree Ships: 

• REMOVED AIRCRAFT CARRIERS (-6):  Bogue, Independence, Essex, Zuiho, Hiryu, Taihou
  • Soviet Battleships (8):  Knyaz Suvorov, Gangut, Pyotr Velikiy, Izmail, Sinop, Vladivostok, Sovetsky Soyuz, Kremlin
  • French Destroyers (9):  Enseign Gabolde, Fusilier, Bourrasque, Jaguar, Guepard, Vauquelin, Le Fantasque, Mogador, Kleber
  • Italian Cruisers (10):  Eritrea, Nino Brixo, Taranto, Giussano, Montecuccoli, Trento, Zara, Amalfi, Brindisi, Venezia

Premium & Reward Ships:  More high-tier ships than ever and more problem ships than ever.  This year also saw the re-release of Enterprise, Kaga, Saipan and Graf Zeppelin but I'm not including them in the list as they were simply modified.

•  Irian, Wichita, Alaska, Exeter, Azuma, Lazo, Neustrashimy, Azur Lane Montpelier, Azur Lane Yukikaze, Lenin, Georgia, Hill, Benham, Yoshino, Siroco, Bayard, Colbert, Somers, Smolensk, Friesland, Yudachi, Thunderer, Ohio, Ark Royal, Yahagi, Viribus Unitis, Genova, Sims B, Scharnhorst B, Graf Zeppelin B, Alaska B, Poltava, Gorizia, Puerto Rico

I Can't Breathe (2020)

I feel like I'm watching a train wreck.  I wish World of Warships wouldn't help perpetuate that feeling of constant disaster.

Tech Tree Ships:

• Pan European Destroyers (9):  Tatra, Romulus, Klas Horn, Visby, Vasteras, Skane, Oland, Ostergotland, Halland

Premium & Reward Ships:  I've included Moskva and Kirov into the list here -- just be aware that they were tech tree ships once upon a time.

• Indomitable, Bajie, Wukong, Siliwangi, London, Cheshire, Smaland, Mainz, Marceau, Orkan, Hayate, Mikoyan, Ochakov, Pyotr Bagration, Ignis Purgatio, Ragnarok, Kirov, Moskva, Shikishima, Odin, Siegfried, Agir, Champagne, California

TOTAL SHIPS RELEASED IN 2020:  45 (not counting Moskva & Kirov)

So there you go, @Chain_shot.  I think that's about as comprehensive a list as you're going to get.

Definitely you never disappoint Mousey, great work as always.

That gets an average of aprox 1 ship per week between 2016 and 2019. Exceptions being the release of the game (as we got 8 full lines) and 2020 with 45 ships in 6 months and a half.

Edited by hanesco

[WG-CC]
12,695 posts
10,837 battles
2 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

2020 is set to break the release numbers if it already has 403 in game at this time.

No joke.  The back half of 2020 promises to be busier than the front half if it follows normal release trends.  We could see one more tech tree release after the American battleships if Wargaming is feeling ambitious.  I suspect we'll get close to 50 premiums before the year is out at their current going rate if we see another batch of Black Friday ships.

• Thanks 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,173 posts
28,066 battles
18 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Was Friesland a 2020 ship?

18 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

TOTAL SHIPS RELEASED IN 2015:  45 (not counting Moskva & Kirov)

2015? :cap_hmm:

Ninja'd by super-mouse, (fixed.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[ARC]
Members
1,077 posts
11,580 battles
8 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

We could see one more tech tree release after the American battleships if Wargaming is feeling ambitious.

Taking into account that there are Anniversary celebrations in September, we could get an Early Access American Battleships event in October at the latest. And that means they can test anything from that month onwards. 

Taking into account a possible Italian Battleship concept was tested in AL Littorio and a possible Italian Destroyer concept is being tested on Paolo Emilio, we can say WG can feel ambitious about releasing a new line before the Christmas event.

Edited by hanesco

[WG-CC]
12,695 posts
10,837 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Was Friesland a 2020 ship? 

2019.  She was released on or around September 4th, sandwiched between Smolensk & Somers (August 21st) and Yudachi (September 13th).

[RLGN]
Members
16,173 posts
28,066 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

2019.  She was released on or around September 4th, sandwiched between Smolensk & Somers (August 21st) and Yudachi (September 13th).

Bleagh... Guess I thought it was 2020 because I waited so long to get it. Sorry.

[46856]
Members
2,039 posts

So 2020 theme for players  could be -  "I'm on 100+ new boats...."

That's gonna kill some whales I bet.

Edited by Chain_shot

Beta Testers
1,038 posts
4,513 battles
26 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

So how much is too much?

When they load up the year with so much they no longer have anything to throw to the whales in the future. Although World of Tanks is still going after 10 years, albeit with mostly made up stuff. 

F2P games need new content and new vehicles are the easiest. A high level operation is more work with more risk. So long as there are things to work for people do not possess (but can buy!) the game can continue.

Long term for grinders they can always dangle the Steel and Research Bureau ships as those are more or less time gated. Or alternatively involve massive whaling  and WG would be satisfied with skinning that sheep. They don't really expect someone to pay the "iron price" when acquiring both Ohio and Siegfried. They expect that to involve massive use of boosters at some step and/or Free XP conversion. And they're now offering enough Steel with the dailies that one could combine that with some Ranked play and the periodic "buy this and get X steel" to whale a Steel ship. 

Members
4,383 posts
3,255 battles
2 minutes ago, BlackAngelCom said:

When they load up the year with so much they no longer have anything to throw to the whales in the future. Although World of Tanks is still going after 10 years, albeit with mostly made up stuff. 

Like how real the German carriers are, or the American BB split, or Russian BBs, etc. Tanks has nothing on ships as far as paper products go. 

As a reformed whale there are too many ships to keep up with, so I don't try anymore. 

Members
103 posts
26,324 battles
3 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Launch (2015)

Tech Tree Ships:

Tech Tree Ships:

The Golden Age (2018)

Tech Tree Ships:

Just Dodge™ (2019)

Tech Tree Ships: 

I Can't Breathe (2020)

Tech Tree Ships:

• REMOVED TECH TREE SHIPS (-2):  Moskva, Kirov

TOTAL TECH TREE SHIPS:  24 - 2
TOTAL SHIPS RELEASED IN 2020:  47 - 2

As of July 2020, there are 227 tech tree ships in the game. I have 225 and have not yet finished grinding the Tier 9 and 10 Soviet cruisers. It is possible to have three future tech tree ships in port if you have purchased enough German CV event containers but technically, Rhein, Weser and Parseval are still early release/premiums.Those will be tech tree ships 228-230. The Tier 10 CV Richtofen will be tech tree ship #231 but not even wallet warriors can have that yet.

[PHD]
Members
1,929 posts
7,425 battles
4 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

And there there were the steel and coal ships as well.

So maybe it was one every 2 weeks- 26 per year that's a lot of product. I am thinking they are going to run out of gimmicks after releasing Enterprise 1701 D. :Smile_coin:

I want that ship! It will be especially useful when the Russian Typhoon class comes out.

• Funny 1

[_BOH_]
Members
5 posts
4,334 battles

Interesting that WG has already reached the average 3-4 new full lines and its only August. I appreciate the need to keep those who have been here since the beginning (I only started somewhere in 2018) but I really think WG need to exploit some of the systems within the game to expand rather than just releasing new ships.

Some of these are relatively easy: New Campaigns and Collectible containers are things they have really backed away from since I started playing. More missions are harder, but I love them (Probably why I still enjoy T6 & T7 so much) and I think they're better way to do PvE than just Co-op

Some could change the way we play: If you have random battle, then why not have an option to play each type of battle and fill out numbers of random players (i.e. Specifically play Caps, Arms Race, Standard, Epicentre, heck even have one for no points just kills)? 

I think there's plenty of more ships to release (you could do a Commonwealth Cruiser line ya know? As anachronistic as it is, I would like a modern Australian Naval Ensign as an option!) but how many of the releases this year have had an impact more than five seconds after their release? Have British & Russian Heavy really done much to the game? Will German CVs really get a run against the US and IJN ones?

Sign in to follow this