You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wuyfan2014

2020 summer sale

22 comments in this topic

[SWACC]
Members
5 posts
3,868 battles

Is summer sale coming? When will it start and which ship will be on sale?

• Haha 2

[KJHWK]
Banned
122 posts

There was no April Fool's event this year.  Victory in Europe (May 7) and the American independence day (July 4) passed unnoticed in the game.  If they will ignore those a summer sale seems unlikely although they may find ways to increase the price you pay to grind or purchase ships.  That seems much more likely.

• Sad 1

[-KAK-]
Members
584 posts
10,900 battles

I dunno... 2018's and 2019s had already started by now. But harkusa is right - they've skipped a few of their more common events this year (Not necessarily the 4th though, there was the mission for Balti's Camo).

The Dev blog showed off some special camos HERE - The title says 9.7, so maybe we're gonna get a summer sale then.

(Stupid thing is I was actually looking forward to the sale - I'd planned to maybe pick up a ship or two if the deals were good. And here we are... Not a wimper about ways to give WG money....)

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles

Usually there's a big one over the 4th of July. No idea what happened to it. I too was looking forward to it, wanted to pick up some premium time and doubloons. And I always give the premium ships a look. But I guess WG didn't want to run it? Or maybe they thought everyone would buy California? But the 4th was one of two times a year when they typically offer their huge bundles, not sure why they passed on those this year. But yeah, had they run the sale I probably would have bought a couple things, all they had to do was give me an excuse to give them money...

Memorial Day is the next usual sale day, we'll see.

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
3,460 battles
37 minutes ago, harkusa said:

American independence day (July 4) passed unnoticed in the game.

24 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Usually there's a big one over the 4th of July. No idea what happened to it.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-095-weekly-2/

It was easy to miss this year.

In AlfaTesters
380 posts

WG is more than likely not reaching its sales/income goals.  Not a surprise I know with all the hate.  I am sure the a NA 

team keeps the home office informed concerning regional holidays so I don’t  think anyone “forgot”.  

When combined with bots being introduced to low tier and silence concerning submarines, I would say that

WoWs has ended up on the back burner.

I wouldn’t expect one anytime soon.  That takes resources and effort, both of which are completely lacking...

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-KAK-]
Members
584 posts
10,900 battles
15 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

No summer snowflake event either?

The summer snowflake event happened around the anniversary last year - That should come up in late August. If they miss that, then we know something's up.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[PHD]
Members
1,510 posts
6,439 battles

I took advantage of the ship XP to FXP discount to harvest some XP. 

With all the ship releases I guess it was hard to notice.

[FORM]
Members
1,628 posts
11,320 battles
12 hours ago, harkusa said:

There was no April Fool's event this year.  Victory in Europe (May 7) and the American independence day (July 4) passed unnoticed in the game.  If they will ignore those a summer sale seems unlikely although they may find ways to increase the price you pay to grind or purchase ships.  That seems much more likely.

I was all set to buy Pi camo, but they skipped that this year too. Someone somewhere in their marketing department must've done the math and said the little sales weren't as profitable as crap like the California bundles. But I suspect they're quite wrong in the big picture on that, the true whales buy everything, but the long term guppy players are more pick and choose. 

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,166 posts
16,863 battles

Actually, if they're going to put things on sale I wouldn't mind picking up a few of the Halloween camos if the price is right; regular price is ridiculous. I'd also like to pick up both special commanders but 175,000 coal is out of my price range, barely, so a sale on those would work. Other then that I likely wouldn't be in the market to purchase any ships. Fat California wasn't my thing and I'm not a CV player so am not putting forth any effort in the new German line. 

JUST SITTING HERE WAITING FOR THE FIRST SALE - Spiderman | Make a Meme

[WOLF6]
Members
585 posts
9,328 battles
13 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

No summer snowflake event either?

I thought that was in August of 2019.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,766 posts
4,630 battles
15 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Memorial Day is the next usual sale day, we'll see.

Memorial Day is the end of May.  You mean Labor Day? which usually overlaps their anniversary celebration.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,064 posts
14,295 battles
15 hours ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

The summer snowflake event

...was during the French DD early release, and it was explicitly tied into unlocking permacamos and a series of bundles that led to tier 9 ship.

There was absolute outrage, and they probably thought better of making it part of an early-unlock event again. 

16 hours ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

I dunno... 2018's and 2019s had already started by now.

Remember that this year, a lot of people have been on an enforced, prolonged "summer holiday" (at least since Northern Hemisphere winter went away), and the seasonal cues to trigger such a sale probably aren't there. That might be why the timing is off. 

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,064 posts
14,295 battles

Here we go: the PSA I made for last year's sales. It does appear to have started on the 13th, but maybe next week? They just began an early release event with containers, so maybe they're waiting until the whales have recovered before hooking them up to the milking machine again? :Smile_veryhappy:

@Hapa_Fodder, the money in my wallet is burning with desire to escape! What can you find out for us?

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,064 posts
14,295 battles
33 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

I don't see any hints at a "summer" thing... 

phpdJJGeM

.. nope.. no hints...

The camo should cost a million doubloons, but a pina colada would magically be served to you in a coconut every time you take a ship which mounts it into battle.

[TIMT]
Members
640 posts
3,413 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The camo should cost a million doubloons, but a pina colada would magically be served to you in a coconut every time you take a ship which mounts it into battle.

that would be 4000$. Depending on how long the game is around, and whether this is a perma camo, I would totally buy these and have a laptop ready to go everywhere. Imaging just hanging out with friends and jumping into a battle to get a drink for free. Every time. Anywhere. Totally worth it in the long run ;-)

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
607 posts
8,320 battles
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Here we go: the PSA I made for last year's sales. It does appear to have started on the 13th, but maybe next week? They just began an early release event with containers, so maybe they're waiting until the whales have recovered before hooking them up to the milking machine again? :Smile_veryhappy:

@Hapa_Fodder, the money in my wallet is burning with desire to escape! What can you find out for us?

Was this the event where you buy one ship for 1.5x cost, and you'd get 2 random ships of the same tier in the mix?   I forgot where/when it was that it was one ship package available for one day (or 12 hours?) only and then it would be on to the next ship.  I remember wanting to get the Arizona, but didn't want any other tier 6 ships and so I reluctantly passed on it.   The Scharnhorst popped up and I thought cool, I'll take a chance with this and hope they don't stick me with the Hood.   Which I got of course, along with the Ashitika.  All 3 for 50-ish USD which I wasn't thrilled with at the time, but later realized it gave me some great tier 7 depth.

EDIT:  Just read thru a bit of that previous thread and it WAS that package deal I mentioned!    Would like to see this event have another run this summer as I just might bite, seeing as I've still not made a move to buy the California and so I've that allocation that could be used.  Here's hoping this happens!