You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tim__2016

Rhein CV

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
382 posts
17,059 battles

What is the best upgrades for this CV. I do not play CV hardly at all so I am lost. Just like to play it for the directive trying to get camo.

Also what would be good captain skills for say 10 point captain?

Prolly play it in coop for awhile then maybe randons. Like tier 4 needs more cvs right?

Thanks.

Edited by Tim__2016

[TARK]
Members
6,653 posts
2,527 battles
2 minutes ago, Tim__2016 said:

What is the best upgrades for this CV. I do not play CV hardly at all so I am lost. Just like to play it for the directive trying to get camo.

Prolly play it in coop for awhile then maybe randons. Like tier 4 needs more cvs right?

Thanks.

Upgrades:

Slot 1: Air Groups Mod 1 - basically improves availability of aircraft by bringing surviving aircraft home more quickly

Slot 2: Aircraft Engines Mod 1 - improves your engine boost time

Captain Skills:

Tier 1: Air supremacy - gives you faster aircraft regeneration

Tier 2: Improved Speed - gives your airplanes faster speed (improves survivability by spending less time in AA, improves damage output by being able to hit more often)

Tier 3: Survivability Expert - gives your planes more hp, equals better survival rates for planes and therefore more damage and utility

Tier 3: Aircraft Armor - helps your planes by reducing damage from AA, equals better survival rates for planes and therefore more damage and utility

By the time you have a 9 point captain...you should be then on your way to tier 6. If you have a 10 point captain right now...you can add:

Tier 1: Improved Engine Boost - gives you more boost time

That will round out the 10 points.

I would, however, just save the 10th point and apply captain points in this vein:

#1 Air supremacy

#2 Improved Speed

#3 Survivability Expert

#4 Aircraft Armor

#5 Advanced Firing Training - for improved secondary range

#6 Improved Engine Boost

#7 Last Gasp - for help hitting those pesky maneuverable ships

#8 Concealment Expert

This will give you a Richtofen with as tanky of planes as you can get...with a concealment range nearly matching your secondary range...so any DD that gets spotted by you within your own concealment will get smothered in HE spam.

Your torpedoes don't need torpedo acceleration, and you don't need demolition expert because you won't be a fire starter. You don't need concealment until the end because you already have good concealment...instead of concealment you can take Sight Stabilization if you have a hard time aiming...or IFHE if you want to go full secondary meme.

• Cool 1

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,735 battles
10 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Upgrades:

Slot 1: Air Groups Mod 1 - basically improves availability of aircraft by bringing surviving aircraft home more quickly

Slot 2: Aircraft Engines Mod 1 - improves your engine boost time

Captain Skills:

Tier 1: Air supremacy - gives you faster aircraft regeneration

Tier 2: Improved Speed - gives your airplanes faster speed (improves survivability by spending less time in AA, improves damage output by being able to hit more often)

Tier 3: Survivability Expert - gives your planes more hp, equals better survival rates for planes and therefore more damage and utility

Tier 3: Aircraft Armor - helps your planes by reducing damage from AA, equals better survival rates for planes and therefore more damage and utility

By the time you have a 9 point captain...you should be then on your way to tier 6. If you have a 10 point captain right now...you can add:

Tier 1: Improved Engine Boost - gives you more boost time

That will round out the 10 points.

I would, however, just save the 10th point and apply captain points in this vein:

#1 Air supremacy

#2 Improved Speed

#3 Survivability Expert

#4 Aircraft Armor

#5 Advanced Firing Training - for improved secondary range

#6 Improved Engine Boost

#7 Last Gasp - for help hitting those pesky maneuverable ships

#8 Concealment Expert

This will give you a Richtofen with as tanky of planes as you can get...with a concealment range nearly matching your secondary range...so any DD that gets spotted by you within your own concealment will get smothered in HE spam.

Your torpedoes don't need torpedo acceleration, and you don't need demolition expert because you won't be a fire starter. You don't need concealment until the end because you already have good concealment...instead of concealment you can take Sight Stabilization if you have a hard time aiming...or IFHE if you want to go full secondary meme.

I'd have stayed away from Advanced Firing Training, and gone for Sight Stabilization instead, no point in trying to buff something you shouldn't be trying to use. But, it's a solid basis for a build, and a pretty good build for any CV, not just the German ones. 

[BONKS]
Members
1,502 posts
50 battles
22 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

I'd have stayed away from Advanced Firing Training, and gone for Sight Stabilization instead, no point in trying to buff something you shouldn't be trying to use. But, it's a solid basis for a build, and a pretty good build for any CV, not just the German ones. 

As far as I've seen German CVs aim plenty fast already, so Sight Stab isn't needed as it goes into the realms of diminishing returns. Might as well go for memes and take AFT. There are hardly any better alternatives anyway.

Edited by El2aZeR

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
1 hour ago, Tim__2016 said:

Thanks.

Everything that speeds the planes up and more armor.

Dont bother with secdaries.

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,735 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

As far as I've seen German CVs aim plenty fast already, so Sight Stab isn't needed as it goes into the realms of diminishing returns. Might as well go for memes and take AFT. There are hardly any better alternatives anyway.

I've been caught with the rocket aiming time being bit short, especially with not being able to attack over islands. I've had many cases where I had to hit the brakes to wait for a ship to clear. Not like the torp bombers need them.

It's also not like the meme's will hep you, the tech tree German CV's lack the heave 150mm battery to go with the 105's, so they aren't gonna melt anything.

[TARK]
Members
6,653 posts
2,527 battles
26 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

I've been caught with the rocket aiming time being bit short, especially with not being able to attack over islands. I've had many cases where I had to hit the brakes to wait for a ship to clear. Not like the torp bombers need them.

It's also not like the meme's will hep you, the tech tree German CV's lack the heave 150mm battery to go with the 105's, so they aren't gonna melt anything.

Mostly I think I'm going to go with AFT...because I don't NEED anything else.

There is no need to buff fire chance. No need to buff torpedo speed. No need to improve AA defenses. No need to go full concealment.

What else am I going to spend the captain points on?

Plus, it offers decent protection against a DD rush...which German CVs will struggle to stop with only low damage torpedoes with a long arming distance (IJN torpedoes work at lower tiers because they are both fast and short arming).

I have no intention of thinking the 105s will stop ships other than destroyers...or maybe dissuade a light cruiser. The whole point is not damage, but protection.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

[TARK]
Members
6,653 posts
2,527 battles

I am seriously watching the Richtofen data though...

...that ship has real armor and an absurdly low concealment. At present, you could stealth fire the 105s...which is just silly.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,351 posts
6,244 battles

Don't forget that these German CV's were also buffed with the Massachusetts' level of accuracy for their secondaries, just prior to their release. It pretty much implies that some incorporation of a Secondary build (even if it means just grabbing AFT) is something worth considering.

That being said, I find it a bit questionable for Rhein at Tier IV, since she only has TWO twin 105mm turrets, for a grand total of whooping four 105mm guns... lol.

[HC]
Beta Testers
3,049 posts
12,735 battles
29 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Mostly I think I'm going to go with AFT...because I don't NEED anything else.

There is no need to buff fire chance. No need to buff torpedo speed. No need to improve AA defenses. No need to go full concealment.

What else am I going to spend the captain points on?

Plus, it offers decent protection against a DD rush...which German CVs will struggle to stop with only low damage torpedoes with a long arming distance (IJN torpedoes work at lower tiers because they are both fast and short arming).

I have no intention of thinking the 105s will stop ships other than destroyers...or maybe dissuade a light cruiser. The whole point is not damage, but protection.

IJN torps at the lower tiers are about the same as the German torps save the damage and max range. At the higher tiers, the Germans have a shorter arming distance than the IJN and pay for it with less damage and shorter max range. Not that max range should ever matter with an air dropped torp.

In the end, I always go concealment for the last tier 4 skill, as it effectively makes the map bigger for the CV by giving you more room to move around. I doubt that the extra concealment actually helps the planes much.