You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TobTorp

German Carrier Drops? is the RNG in our favour?

46 comments in this topic

[SNGNS]
Members
479 posts
5,963 battles

like this is not based on any great amount of data but on questions asked around in my clan and friendly clans (and the discord and Reddit, but their fairly unreliable which is why this is in brackets)

but if feels like the chances for a carrier out of the boxes is higher then normal. what do you think?

• Haha 1

[LANCE]
Members
790 posts
5,866 battles

I’ve had 4-5 crates so far and got the tier 4 and tier 6 missions so I guess RNG has been in favor so far. Might use the tier 6 for OPs but the tier 4 port ... port queen or some credits when they drop in the next patch.

Members
3,577 posts
12,928 battles

I wouldnt be too surprised if the drop rate was higher for these than other ship lines/types. WG probably wants to keep pushing CVs in attempts to normalize the CV encounter psychologically. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SBS]
Members
5,896 posts
8 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

I wouldnt be too surprised if the drop rate was higher for these than other ship lines/types. WG probably wants to keep pushing CVs in attempts to normalize the CV encounter psychologically. 

My guess is you are right.  I remember there were creates with premium CVs just before the premium carriers went back up for sale.  Those creates had a good drop rate too.  WG wants people in carriers, even if they have to give them away...

[WOLF8]
Members
7,337 posts
6,234 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

My guess is you are right.  I remember there were creates with premium CVs just before the premium carriers went back up for sale.  Those creates had a good drop rate too.  WG wants people in carriers, even if they have to give them away...

Weren't those crates only sold in the shop though? I don't think there was any free standard version of those crates. Thus, technically, WG wasn't giving them away. :Smile_hiding:

Speaking of which, I remember getting 3 of the 4 Premium CV's from the crates... and bought the 4th one directly afterwards, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,382 posts
14,152 battles

Six crates, five from the directives and one from the daily log in and zilch so far.

[SBS]
Members
5,896 posts
Just now, Blorgh2017 said:

Weren't those crates only sold in the shop though? I don't think there was any free standard version of those crates. Thus, technically, WG wasn't giving them away. :Smile_hiding:

Speaking of which, I remember getting 3 of the 4 Premium CV's from the crates... and bought the 4th one directly afterwards, lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah, the other creates were the type you had to buy.  I meant WG is giving away the new German CVs.  I think they have a much better drop rate then other pre-release ship creates because not many people will bother to grind these new carriers. 

Members
327 posts
16,266 battles

Nothing but flags.

I wonder if they're weighted to favor people who don't actually drive CVs as an enticement to try them?

Nah, that sounds like a lot more work.

[SUR]
Members
75 posts
5,491 battles

20 Premium box from the shop, only got the T4 , t4 matchs have 50% of bots as players.

F*ck me.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,884 posts
9,912 battles

Got the 3 crates from the first directive - dropped the T4 & the T6. 

Somehow managed to get the perma camo on the T6 with a 2 destroyed ribbon - 28k damage random win after...ahem...ensuring the speedy deletion of a couple of low HP co-op bots with a few torps. :cap_horn:

I am a flying potato so I suspect RNG was just having fun with me.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
491 posts
4,988 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Six crates, five from the directives and one from the daily log in and zilch so far.

Same here. Nada.

[WOOK3]
Members
4,212 posts
3,235 battles

I bought 10 premium crates and got all the missions, which as these things go seems better than normal. 

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
256 posts
22,116 battles

No mission for me yet from 5 free ones.

[NKOTD]
Members
1,034 posts
9,685 battles

I seem to remember with the soviet BB event, the RNG was player friendly at first, and then later on the party was shutdown. 

....and history does have a habit of repeating....

[CO-OP]
Members
1,460 posts
24,622 battles

5 crates and nada.

Members
327 posts
16,266 battles
On 7/12/2020 at 4:11 PM, Telastyn said:

Nothing but flags.

I wonder if they're weighted to favor people who don't actually drive CVs as an enticement to try them?

Nah, that sounds like a lot more work.

And another 4 with nothing.

[WOLF7]
Members
85 posts
27,046 battles

Make that 0 for 16, I guess I need to make a sacrifice to MM or RNG!