You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Do you perform better on some maps?

9 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

Too bad we can't have stats for our winrates on individual maps.

Some maps I love like Dos Hermanos, Estuary, North, Sea of Fortune, and others I hate.

IMHO, Islands of Ice is the ugliest map and one I do poorly on most of the time. I also do exceptionally poorly on Atlantic.

:Smile_child:

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,918 battles

Probably, tho I don't have any recall of which map(s) that might be.

Edited by Antean

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,332 posts
23,759 battles

Some maps favor ships or playstyle better then others.   

Example, Ocean and Cleveland not a great mix. 

Members
12,615 posts
14,320 battles

Think Okinawa is my worst map, likely because when MM decides it’s my turn to take a loss it typically gives me that map and a really bad to to ensure it’s a loss as enemy can roll through across the line and no place to fall back to when needed. Battles are bad enough there 99% of the time that when I see it I know I should take a break for a few hours or even the rest of the day after playing out a battle there.

Honestly think I may have had good fortune on Ocean map more times than I have had Okinawa map battles go well.

Members
470 posts
8,506 battles

Some maps I do better depending on starting location.  Others I almost despise certain starting spots or specific cap circles.

And a few, depending on the enemy team, can be nail biters since the first time you see them it is already too close.

[TIMT]
Members
1,744 posts
5,623 battles

Some maps I dislike, though I could not say I do particularly worse in them compared to others. Mountain Range, Crash Zone Alpha and Loop are ones I dislike most currently, but that depends a bit on ships.

What I dislike most are maps that feel generic in the sense that they look artificial, with islands neatly constructed around caps and to provide crossfires. In particular, maps where the islands are just plateaus extending from the water level to provide cover and make lobbing shells difficult. Feels really unnatural to me and seems to me the designers had a very specific idea how the map is supposed to be played. This is similar to the 'corridor maps' you have with WOT, where players get funneled down certain corridors to the engagement zone.

Other maps are better, Neighbors isn't as bad and Trap as well as Hotspot seem to me more natural, with positioning etc. feeling more 'natural', i.e. a logical consequence of the natural environment and not a product of the designers intention. I know, both were designed by the same people but hiding behind a natural mountain slope in the right spot to lob shells over feels different from getting behind the neat cutout of an otherwise uniform block of rock.

Members
1,433 posts
1,854 battles

Polar, Ring, & Trident. But Polar most of all since I usually get upwards of 2 kills on that map.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,326 posts
12,989 battles

Mountain Range. No matter what ship, no matter what red team composition or decisions I perform poorly on that map. 

This says allot when I main American and Soviet ships.

[WORX]
Members
13,334 posts
20,173 battles

Low tier and mid tier maps are fun to play. They dont give a fleet adv nor a spawn adv...

High tier maps... Yeah they're good visual map, functionally they do create an unfair adv for one fleet or the other and depending on spawn placement.

Edited by Navalpride33