Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

WGC Launcher - Question

6 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,527 posts

So I am forced to use it. Yay. I kill it and all it's related, unneeded processes after the game loads. Yay. 

The question I asked earlier this week in the appropriate area has gone unanswered, so I shall ask here. 

I notice there are numerous options on the launch button. I also note I can find no means of setting which option to take when launching the game. 

Which option is the "default" option for the launcher? 64 bit I hope. 

Also - why is there no means of identifying the preferred, default play option? 

tia 

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
3,460 battles

You can check which one runs in the task manager.  Mine defaulted to 64bit.

Also, this may interest you:

[R_N]
[R_N]
Supertester
137 posts
9,154 battles

Herr_Reitz,

Great question.

WGC during it's startup/loading when launching the game will auto detect which Operating System you are using; 64 or 32 bit, and then it will run the corresponding game startup version.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,738 posts
21 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So I am forced to use it. Yay. I kill it and all it's related, unneeded processes after the game loads. Yay. 

The question I asked earlier this week in the appropriate area has gone unanswered, so I shall ask here. 

I notice there are numerous options on the launch button. I also note I can find no means of setting which option to take when launching the game. 

Which option is the "default" option for the launcher? 64 bit I hope. 

Also - why is there no means of identifying the preferred, default play option? 

tia 

If you hit the arrow to the right of PLAY, and then click on the option, it should load that option.

[-KAK-]
Members
585 posts
10,936 battles

Didn't they kill off the 32-bit version last year or something? Or was it just that they mandated a 64-bit OS?

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
12,527 posts

First, thanks  everyone! I thought they did "kill off 32 bit" which was puzzling to me... I "thought" it might just launch using the last launch option. 

So now I'm tempted to try the 32 Bit launch, see what happens! 

Sign in to follow this