You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

21 comments in this topic

[LOTD2]
Members
4 posts
4,535 battles

I noticed you have "Assisted Capture" in game. How about "Assisted Kill"? You know for the chuckle heads that wait until you've beaten (and been beat) down in a one-on -one fight and they come up take out the last 200 hp or so, in one shot and get credit for the kill. The ones I refer to as "Sloppy seconders". It just gets frustrating, especially when you KNOW that it's being done on purpose. Assisted kill would guarantee  the player with the most damage delivered / received, would also get the lion's share of the kill points and experience. If say, a Destroyer kills a Battleship with torpedoes, on his or her own, they get full kill experience. This will also make the kill more desirable than sharing points. If on the other hand, someone calls for assistance and subsequently survives, the rescuer should be rewarded as a rescuer, not necessarily high points for the kill but bonus exp. for the effort. If they act or arrive too late, and the distressed individual gets destroyed, then there's an "Avenging" bonus. The avenging bonus would only be a fraction of the rescue bonus, for obvious reasons (if not obvious to the reader, discuss).

Edited by Glyxl6
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[WPORT]
Members
5,531 posts
10,535 battles

I like this idea.

Implementing it would involve a lot of calculations and decision processes in the "judging" done by the computer programming.

In the game of Ice-Hockey, the person who scores the goal gets credit for the goal.  The person who last passed them the puck gets credit for an assist.  If the play involved a couple of passes in quick succession, it is possible for a second assist to be credited.  (Example = player-3 passes to player-2 who then passes to player-1 who shoots and scores a goal.)

[LOTD2]
Members
4 posts
4,535 battles

Distribute the EXp. / Cr. fairly according to the data.

• Haha 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,531 posts
10,535 battles
2 minutes ago, Glyxl6 said:

Distribute the EXp. / Cr. fairly according to the data.

A "percentage of the kill" award?

That has the benefit of an easy calculation based upon damage done to the target.

[LOTD2]
Members
4 posts
4,535 battles

The point , I believe, is that no one would get "kill credit", thus making it less desirable to steal a kill. It's sad that man has to make rules to have people act decently towards one another.

[-A-8-]
Members
456 posts
19,340 battles

Personally if I've done 99% of the damage and someone else gets the kill I'm not worried. The high % of damage to a ship more than outweighs the kill xp. Ironically if someone is holding fire to get a kill they're reducing the rewards they receive.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,666 posts
27,231 battles

I get mine stolen all the time, and I steal my share as well. get the odd downcheck for killsteal but I don't return the favor because it is a waste of time in Randoms and Co-op. In Clan battles, piling on gets the win faster by eliminating a player on the other team. Ranked is so salty at the best of times that it is not worth talking about.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,681 posts
9,528 battles

1. There is no such thing as “kill stealing.”

2. The XP bonus for sinking a ship is already relatively small (10% of the amount you would get for reducing the ship from 100% to 0 HP). The lion’s share of the XP already goes to the player who did the most damage.

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

If you are worried about missions, I could see an assist ribbon for dealing like, 50% or more of the damage to a ship.  The XP for it would need to be minimal though because actual kills are more important and you need to make sure people still finish off ships.  Remember, a ship with 1 HP is still fully capable of dealing damage.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,187 posts
19,055 battles

I still wonder why this is a problem at all. If I'm shooting at something that is because I want it sunk. If you can sink it before I can, all the better, means I can move on to the next target. I certainly hope that no teammate of mine ever decides not to shoot at a target because I'm shooting at it and they don't want to 'steal my kill' - by all means, kill it. Please. I want you to.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[LANCE]
Members
795 posts
5,917 battles
20 minutes ago, Lert said:

I still wonder why this is a problem at all. If I'm shooting at something that is because I want it sunk. If you can sink it before I can, all the better, means I can move on to the next target. I certainly hope that no teammate of mine ever decides not to shoot at a target because I'm shooting at it and they don't want to 'steal my kill' - by all means, kill it. Please. I want you to.

With you mate! A 1 HP ship call still dev strike a full HP ship! Not gonna complain if someone finishes off a ship I’m fighting. They may have just saved me. After all, it’s 1 less enemy ship that can shoot back at me!

• Cool 1

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,776 battles

A ship with 200 HP remaining could still cause massive damage to your team. If that ship gets of a good set of torps, a well placed bunch of citadels, or lights a a fire first in the time it would take for someone "to get their kill" it could turn a win into a loss. 

You'll get more experience for the damage than the kill, like others have said, and even more for a win than a loss.

If you need kills for a mission of some sort just knock it out in co-op or low tiers but at higher tiers 200 HP can really mean the difference in a win or loss over a kill ribbon.

• Cool 2

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
743 posts
6,689 battles

In general I might joke about it, I sometimes get the kill, sometimes my wife or other players nab it out from under me. Knowing that the reward value is typically not all that much it doesn't bother me. Right now however, in many of the directives there are missions calling for destroying X # off ships. That's a bit more annoying if you were really working on one ship in particular and a stray shot from the peanut gallery nails it. But again its not a huge deal... just keep plugging away at the objective and you will get there. Last night Mrs and I were grinding the missions in co-op.. whichever of us got a kill would cackle. Good times. lol.

Members
3,761 posts
23,371 battles

If WG gave everyone on the team (excluding AFKs) a participation trophy ribbon for each kill then everyone can be happy happy joy joy. :Smile_hiding:

[TBW]
Members
10,292 posts
17,487 battles
2 hours ago, Glyxl6 said:

The point , I believe, is that no one would get "kill credit", thus making it less desirable to steal a kill. It's sad that man has to make rules to have people act decently towards one another.

Players wouldn't finish off ships and they would still be a danger to the team. It's not kill stealing it's kill securing.

• Cool 2

[TBB]
Members
616 posts
4,902 battles

No such thing as stealing. If anything, you're saving the other person from taking another shot from that ship.

[META_]
Members
2,201 posts
7,336 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Hi Lert,

Was in the Zao, one of those all too rare magic no CV battles in which every time i fired off a salvo, got a bunch of pens and started at least one fire. was on the west flank, most of the reds were too. all our ships on the west side were sunk in 3-4 min, i found myself kiting solo again (zao built for it, concealment, rudder and spotter), going dark, heading north to re-detect, repeat. we had a couple BBs and CAs move to islands in the middle, and they had a broadside xfire on the reds pushing south after me. i was burning down a couple BBs, and they would pick them off when they got low. by this time, we had nobody left on the east flank, they had stopped firing, and moved south, or got sunk.

ended up with zero kills, witherer, almost 180k damage, over 60k was fire, pushed 2 million pot damage, a pile of spotting flags, and scored 2nd on the team, to our BB that was sniping kills. or kill securing, i guess.  i don't care about ship kills anymore, feel like it's all RNG. damage i can do something about, even though that appears to be heavily effected by RNG as well. many of the hits i was getting that battle appeared to be the reds turning into my shells or torps at extreme range. normally that doesn't happen.

my question: i would have been 7th place on the red team. do you know what the XP multiplier is for winning a battle? i personally can't do anything about the MM, don't use MMM because i don't want to give up on a battle before it starts. it seems to me what appears to be a combination of a huge XP multiplier for winning, tied in to atrocious slaughter loss MM... that's straight out nuts... it's as though WG believes it really IS a team game, but there's often times nothing you can do with the team you're assigned, except fight hard, smart and still lose. I've posted recently about slaughter loss strings in ranked battle and random of 6+ and certainly have yet to have win streaks close to that... yet the XP multiplier has not changed??

just to starve the trolls, i do not object to a XP multiplier  (or reducer) base on winning, am not about participation trophies. it seems too large, relative to the MM.

have experienced winning most of the close battles lately!! occasionally feel like i contribute to that, which is fun. downside, close battles are about 1/10 or 1/12. sometimes i wonder what my XP would look like if i wasn't hovering a bit over 47% win rate.

any thoughts? thanks. spud

Edited by Spud_butt
  • Cool 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,187 posts
19,055 battles
3 minutes ago, Spud_butt said:

do you know what the XP multiplier is for winning a battle?

+50%

4 minutes ago, Spud_butt said:

any thoughts?

Nope. I leave that to horses, they've got a far bigger head for it.

• Thanks 1

[META_]
Members
2,201 posts
7,336 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

+50%

Nope. I leave that to horses, they've got a far bigger head for it.

thank you. i'm officially depressed now.

i'm turning all the thinking over to my kitty chainsaw. his head is smaller than a horse, but he seems to be pretty smart. so named because he purrs really loud.

• Cool 5

[KOBK]
Members
241 posts
4,109 battles

Well. its kinda frustrating when you need the ribbon for some mission and some guy who loves cs just wait for the kill. It would be great to create a ribbon similar to the capture one so mission wont be so hard

Members
118 posts
1,839 battles
11 hours ago, Glyxl6 said:

I noticed you have "Assisted Capture" in game. How about "Assisted Kill"? You know for the chuckle heads that wait until you've beaten (and been beat) down in a one-on -one fight and they come up take out the last 200 hp or so, in one shot and get credit for the kill. The ones I refer to as "Sloppy seconders". It just gets frustrating, especially when you KNOW that it's being done on purpose. Assisted kill would guarantee  the player with the most damage delivered / received, would also get the lion's share of the kill points and experience. If say, a Destroyer kills a Battleship with torpedoes, on his or her own, they get full kill experience. This will also make the kill more desirable than sharing points. If on the other hand, someone calls for assistance and subsequently survives, the rescuer should be rewarded as a rescuer, not necessarily high points for the kill but bonus exp. for the effort. If they act or arrive too late, and the distressed individual gets destroyed, then there's an "Avenging" bonus. The avenging bonus would only be a fraction of the rescue bonus, for obvious reasons (if not obvious to the reader, discuss).

I suggested that a while back and was berated for it. It would be easy to set up and would help to accurately reflect ones contribution to knocking off a ship. But some people here apparently don't like to share.