Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Etnalta

Ban from chat reminder is annoying

18 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
5,033 battles

Recently after a Graf zeppelin 1 shoted my DD going paralel to her planes i said that was unffair and i ended the game saying that we lost becouse the other team payed to win, i left and started another game with my mind fresh.

THEN a notification came that i was banned from chat for 3 whole days, i thought that was unffair, and excesive but well, i missbihave but the 3 days just enfuriated me even more with WG becouse it said that was for insulting in chat, and i didnt do that,

Annoying as that is i eventually recover myself and started playing calmly again, but what i can´t stand is that after every game i get a notification "you are banned from chat until X date" in bright big letters, and i have to say  HEY DUDE I GET IT GOT BANNED STOP MOCKING ME IM GETTING MORE ANGERED AND IM NOW GOING TO REPORT EVERY GAME I GOT INTO RANDOM PLAYERS FOR MISSBEHAVIUR IN CHAT. so that WG will have to sit and read every game chat im in.

My point is, this system is not helping me to avoid repiting my conduct, its just fueling my anger and making me want to make something when out of options, im no longer considering my behavior im just mad and making more bad thing in the game.

Please just note that this isnt helping is fueling mad players to be more mad at the game and i do not enjoy that but this is is outrageous

• Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
4 minutes ago, Etnalta said:

My point is, this system is not helping me to avoid repiting my conduct, its just fueling my anger

I recommend you invest in these 3 words.

Anger, Management, classes.

Also.

6 minutes ago, Etnalta said:

a notification came that i was banned from chat for 3 whole days,

In the words of Hapa, if you manage to get chat ban which is above the automated 24hr one...

You were a naughty boy.

You might want to reflect on your anger, instead of deflecting it on a system, that probably did not gave you the sanction in the first place... It was your fellow players reporting you to CS.

Members
7 posts
5,033 battles

I dont record any other incident, i usually dont use chat only if all the team is chatting about something i reply and participate but i dont use to say anything in chat and never had a ban before

If anything my first ban being 3 days can be understandable if i was harrasing someone, but i suspect using the word "pay to win" is something of a big nono word for WG. even having complaince with that fact still just want to say that having the 10 red lines paragraph  reminder after every game pop up doesnt remind me of the thing i did just makes me want to stop playing the game for those 3 days.

Like any other game client thing that can be improve, that red letters reminder after every game IS excesive, and is making me want to stop playing the game (that i will not do because i have premium and enjoy the game otherwise xD)

Just asking is someone else feels that thing missdirected and achieving nothing that is aim to.

Members
7 posts
5,033 battles
30 minutes ago, Etnalta said:

I dont record any other incident, i usually dont use chat only if all the team is chatting about something i reply and participate but i dont use to say anything in chat and never had a ban before

If anything my first ban being 3 days can be understandable if i was harrasing someone, but i suspect using the word "pay to win" is something of a big nono word for WG. even having complaince with that fact still just want to say that having the 10 red lines paragraph  reminder after every game pop up doesnt remind me of the thing i did just makes me want to stop playing the game for those 3 days.

Like any other game client thing that can be improve, that red letters reminder after every game IS excesive, and is making me want to stop playing the game (that i will not do because i have premium and enjoy the game otherwise xD)

Just asking is someone else feels that thing missdirected and achieving nothing that is aim to.

adding up 

1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

I recommend you invest in these 3 words.

Anger, Management, classes.

Also.

In the words of Hapa, if you manage to get chat ban which is above the automated 24hr one...

You were a naughty boy.

You might want to reflect on your anger, instead of deflecting it on a system, that probably did not gave you the sanction in the first place... It was your fellow players reporting you to CS.

i did see some videos, and considering its a fact im with some stress currently and feeling very much anxious. Thanks you guys now i reconsidered my point and re-reading what i wrote i can say that i was just fueling myself my anger.

in my head now i laught and stop being angered by just considering this ban is not up to my self or an attack. the system saw something and well, that suck but well, its no the end of the world, now i can just laugh at that and say well, that sucks, and move on.

i will try to remind me of that every time that box appear, that that sucks but its meaninless to me, its a game and its a shortcoming that can be expected from me and from the system and i have to learn to accept that, thank you a lot guys.

Still, laughing and taking it the best way possibly,.....IT SUCKS!! hahahah, have a good day guys 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,217 posts
21,439 battles
2 hours ago, Etnalta said:

lost becouse the other team payed to win

Sorry,  having a hard time getting past the first couple sentences.   95% of the time I hate seeing a GZ on my team. 

[TITD]
Members
3 posts
6,045 battles

72 hours? i get no less the 14 days when i get one. its a mixed blessing because i hate the chat, but on the rare occasion when i try to get something done, that's when i have the damn ban and have to wing it. 

also there needs to be a clear post of what and what flags

[V_V_V]
Members
677 posts
14,737 battles
On 7/12/2020 at 4:30 AM, Etnalta said:

My point is, this system is not helping me to avoid repiting my conduct, its just fueling my anger and making me want to make something when out of options, im no longer considering my behavior im just mad and making more bad thing in the game.

Save yourself more stress and risk - go to your game Settings and select the Turn Chat Off option.  Use F key Commands to communicate in-game and just play for a while.

Members
7 posts
5,033 battles

On 7/12/2020 at 12:06 PM, DEWEY_96_ said:

OP-  If you feel the chat ban was not warranted, you can appeal it to customer support with a ticket.   They will review the ban and make changes if needed.   

Also, as stated above, once you get above the 24 hr auto ban if people abuse the "misbehavior in chat" reporting option, there is usually a reason.   That can also be explained to you with a CS ticket.   

FINALLY-----------   AND THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT...  Abusing said reporting system yourself just because your mad is a EULA violation for in-game behavior.  I highly recommend that if you're sitting on a 72 hour ban, you might want to take it easy on getting more attention drawn your way.  

yeah, just for you guys to have in mind, all of this i did in the first few hours of the chat ban, after a day or 2 i stoped niticing it and now i am free to chat.
i thought maybe abusing the system i complained about was a bad idea so thats why i stoped abusing it.

but most important is that up to this point having the chat enable again i didnt learn a thing because i never insulted in chat and had a 3 day chat ban for insulting. i didnt complain to anyone i just let it happen. now it´s all over but i will take in cosideration to appeal if anything like this happen again.

and for those of us annoing about a ban, well, you can appeal if you must,...... but if not, like me(just by guessing what my wrong doing was) after the first day after eating and sleeping its pretty much tolerable. although the ban system doesnt work if we dont know why we are banned for.

PD: its true when you need to say something to your team to win you have chat ban xD

[AXANR]
Members
3,633 posts
22,452 battles
On 7/12/2020 at 8:58 AM, Etnalta said:

AFAIK, the only automated bans are 24 hour bans' I believe a human has to issue a 72 hour ban. I've heard rumors that if you get a lot of 24 hour chat bans, you'll start getting 72 hour ones, but that's unconfirmed and you said you've never been chatbanned before, so you said something bad enough for a human to review it and issue a chatban.

I also see people complain about pay to win almost every game without getting chatbanned. Sound like you're not telling us the whole story. 

I've gotten a few chat bans, usually in ranked when people are being idiots and I lose my temper. It sucks, but I don't complain because I know I get heated in chat sometimes and WG has the right to encourage less toxicity in chat. If you don't like seeing the chatban, don't get chatbanned. 

[KOBK]
Members
233 posts
4,074 battles
On 7/12/2020 at 8:42 AM, Navalpride33 said:

You were a naughty boy.

Wait, what happens if i never get the 24 hs ban but directly the 3 days chat ban? Because that happened to me. I never got the 24 hs ban...and also i dont swear in chat. But i wont deny that i get a lot of reports for playing cv

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
20 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

Wait, what happens if i never get the 24 hs ban but directly the 3 days chat ban? Because that happened to me. I never got the 24 hs ban...and also i dont swear in chat. But i wont deny that i get a lot of reports for playing cv

Someone reported you to the Magistrate office with evidence of you being a naughty boy...

It can and does happen. You may not get the automated ban, you'll just get the Magistrate special.

If you want to dispute the sanction, you can have the opportunity of experiencing WG's arbitrary system. With sending a ticket to CS dept. 

In an arbitrary system, you're not Innocent until proven guilty ( That right was waived when you play WOWS or any game on WG's server).. You're guilty unless you can explain clearly your communication somehow did not violate EULA/TOS rules..

Edited by Navalpride33

[KOBK]
Members
233 posts
4,074 battles
16 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Someone reported you to the Magistrate office with evidence of you being a naughty boy...

It can and does happen. You may not get the automated ban, you'll just get the Magistrate special.

If you want to dispute the sanction, you can have the opportunity of experiencing WG's arbitrary system. With sending a ticket to CS dept. 

In an arbitrary system, you're not Innocent until proven guilty ( That right was waived when you play WOWS or any game on WG's server).. You're guilty unless you can explain clearly your communication somehow did not violate EULA/TOS rules..

If the ban has already ended, i could ask and receive the supporting chat for the ban? or wg didnt provide the evidence? Because its hard to defend myself against something that i dont know what it is. As far my memory go, i didnt swear in chat but i remind telling people to stop playing like suicidal for charging alone

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
7 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

If the ban has already ended, i could ask and receive the supporting chat for the ban? or wg didnt provide the evidence? Because its hard to defend myself against something that i dont know what it is. As far my memory go, i didnt swear in chat but i remind telling people to stop playing like suicidal for charging alone

Dates are very important...Also, I dont know how long or far they can go back after the ban has been served...

You can try... If you already served the ban without reporting to CS of your arbitration rights... Then I suggest to let it go and use it as a learning experience...

For the next time... As soon as you get a chat ban of 3 days or higher... You can send a ticket to CS to review the sanction txt, then you can form a rebuttal (it may or may not work, in viewing matters in context.)...If it still falls on a violation of EULA/TOS, then your sanction stands.

If, in context, your argument is enough to rule it was other then playful... Its reversed.

IMO, its to late to mount a fight... But you can try to see if they still have the records.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Thanks 1

[KOBK]
Members
233 posts
4,074 battles
5 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Dates are very important...Also, I dont know how long or far they can go back after the ban has been served...

You can try... If you already served the ban without reporting to CS of your arbitration rights... Then I suggest to let it go and use it as a learning experience...

For the next time... As soon as you get a chat ban of 3 days or higher... You can send a ticket to CS to review the sanction txt, then you can form a rebuttal (it may or may not work, in viewing matters in context.)...

IMO, its to late to mount a fight... But you can try to see if they still have the records.

The problem is, its hard to "use it as a learning experience" because i dont know what caused the ban...im starting to think the best choice its to just disable the chat and only send map alerts and if they still want to rush the bb like if it was rush b in cs...well that just another hard match

Thx for the answer

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles
7 minutes ago, Nabucodonosor21 said:

The problem is, its hard to "use it as a learning experience" because i dont know what caused the ban...im starting to think the best choice its to just disable the chat and only send map alerts and if they still want to rush the bb like if it was rush b in cs...well that just another hard match

Thx for the answer

Use it as a learning experience as to how to respond to a 3 day ban...

• Send a ticket to CS immediately...
  • Ask for the incriminating txt.
  • Then see how the txt in context dont violate the TOS/EULA
  • Thanks 1

[KOBK]
Members
233 posts
4,074 battles
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

Use it as a learning experience as to how to respond to a 3 day ban...

• Send a ticket to CS immediately...
  • Ask for the incriminating txt.
  • Then see how the txt in context dont violate the TOS/EULA

Oh i see, thx, i will take note

[KOFTT]
Beta Testers
48 posts
7,908 battles

To be fair, OP is right, the current system mostly just encourages you to get revenge by reporting every single infraction, and goading players into saying anything bannable. Half of the activity in chat on the North American server is players trying to bait others just so they can get a report off, because they know the ban system has an itchy trigger finger and the moderators will hand it out for just about anything. The whole system is screwed, Wargaming needs to teach whatever staff they have investigating these reports how to recognize when someone is being legitimately toxic, and when someone is being trolled by other players, and to ban THOSE players instead.

If they continue to stick to this policy, this game is just gonna keep getting negative reviews.