Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
holycrazyasian

Iron Cross Camo Requirements

39 comments in this topic

[NO]
Members
371 posts
17,586 battles

This is not commenting on WG methods just presenting facts and allowing players to decide whether or not they want to spend time grinding iron cross camo

To get the Iron Cross Camo you are required to have brought one of the Challenge for German (Battleship/Cruiser/Destroyer) Premium combat missions or ALL GERMAN CVs including Graf Zep.

This is because you need all mission chains to get the required 600 tokens. (15*6)+60= 150 for each individual mission chain and with 4 in total that comes at exactly 600

To do that you require all 3 of German pre-release CV and the premium Graf Zep

all the above are subject to change if there are other ways to get tokens any way. I would include math of how many maximum tokens you can get depending on how many of the German CV you own

Spoiler

Zero CVs:   300 tokens
15*5*4

One CV:     375 tokens
15*5*3+15*6+60

Two CVs:   450 tokens
15*5*2+15*6*2+60*2

Three CVs:  525 tokens
15*5+15*6*3+60*3

edit: change from this is commenting on WG to this is not commenting on WG. 
 reason:forgot to type not and was change within three mins after post

Edited by holycrazyasian
typo
  • Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

Yep, the event has been the worst and best that I have seen:

The worst because unless you pay or get extremely lucky with 3 CV drop missions in the basic earned containers - this event is the first recently where you get nothing. At least with the Russian event I got the Mikoyan (wow, imagine this event is so bad I am saying 'at least I got a Mikoyan!') :Smile_teethhappy:

The best because WG have at least shown me there is squat chance of getting 600 tokens unless I pay. :Smile_honoring:

Considering it is the least played ship type you'd have thought WG would try to get more people playing CVs, yet this event seems to try harder than other events to do the opposite.

• Cool 5

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles

You missed the part where the Iron Cross cams (for the Tier X's) can be brought in a mission pack for 7500 gold.

Not only does the mission(s) need to be completed to get the 600 tokens,  the cam has the same stats as the 5000 gold prem camo that is available in port (tier X price for cams)

Why would anyone spend any extra 2500 gold to get a time limited mission, for something similar that is readily available in port?  

(because it looks cool is an acceptable answer, personally I would save the extra dubs)

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Yep, the event has been the worst and best that I have seen:

The worst because unless you pay or get extremely lucky with 3 CV drop missions in the basic earned containers - this event is the first recently where you get nothing. At least with the Russian event I got the Mikoyan (wow, imagine this event is so bad I am saying 'at least I got a Mikoyan!') :Smile_teethhappy:

The best because WG have at least shown me there is squat chance of getting 600 tokens unless I pay. :Smile_honoring:

Considering it is the least played ship type you'd have thought WG would try to get more people playing CVs, yet this event seems to try harder than other events to do the opposite.

and there are a lot of people paying.

i didnt want it as they are tech tree ships and i would just want richtofen camo. That one i can buy for 5.000 dubs.

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
28 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

i didnt want it as they are tech tree ships and i would just want richtofen camo. That one i can buy for 5.000 dubs.

Wow, so you're saying the camo is available for 5000 doubloons at tier X anyway?

[WOLF5]
Members
897 posts
34,135 battles
2 hours ago, madgiecool said:

Why would anyone spend any extra 2500 gold to get a time limited mission, for something similar that is readily available in port?  

(because it looks cool is an acceptable answer, personally I would save the extra dubs)

Well, for the additional 2500 doubs, you get the privilege of grinding a mission chain specific for one German type ship (I believe it's limited to T6+) but you do get 15 one use camos, 15 dragon, 15 ouroboros and 15 wyvern signal flags.  Now is that worth 2,500 doubs.......

[F4E]
Members
281 posts
7,042 battles

Yeah, it was a bummer when I realized that the Iron Cross camos were unattainable without buying the mission...and I don’t find the bundle contents to be worth the 2,500 doubloons extra —it would make more sense ro just buy the permacamo...

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,915 posts
26,901 battles

When you thought "Well, the last ship pre launch event was bad" WG manage to disappoint you always with the next one.

But you can do like that guy I had in a match two days ago, he dropped $400 into containers and got them all.

At least you should have a chance to get one T10 camo with the event without selling a kidney.

WG shows again, how much they lost  connection with the player base.

[O_O]
Members
673 posts
2 hours ago, Felipe_1982 said:

And because of this the next event will be a little bit worse.

• Cool 1

Members
3,754 posts
23,311 battles
1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Wow, so you're saying the camo is available for 5000 doubloons at tier X anyway?

That's the standard perma camo for any T10 ship.

• Cool 2

Members
1,595 posts
25,085 battles
2 hours ago, Felipe_1982 said:

2 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

Yep.... you can expect only worsening treatment from the pusher when the addicts will pay no matter what.

• Cool 1

[F4E]
Members
281 posts
7,042 battles
1 minute ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

emphasis on “standard” — there are other perma-camos (with the same in-game effects) that look different but cost more...people will pay for aesthetics.  I won’t, but others will...

Members
3,754 posts
23,311 battles
4 minutes ago, MN_Nice said:

emphasis on “standard” — there are other perma-camos (with the same in-game effects) that look different but cost more...people will pay for aesthetics.  I won’t, but others will...

Yep the space camos were fairly popular.

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,578 posts
46 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Well, for the additional 2500 doubs, you get the privilege of grinding a mission chain specific for one German type ship (I believe it's limited to T6+) but you do get 15 one use camos, 15 dragon, 15 ouroboros and 15 wyvern signal flags.  Now is that worth 2,500 doubs.......

Im on the fence with this one.

thats 15 one off camos with +200% FXP and 3 lots of 'rare' signals to stack with them. Im thinking thats potentially 1/3 of a t9 FXP ship thrown in there.

Members
3,089 posts
6,643 battles

The event permacamo is good looking, but I am not going to pay a 50% premium over the base permacamo cost, especially when after doing so you still need to grind

Rewards for this event are there worst I've seen yet, there's no way to guarantee an event-related permanent reward at all. Historically you'd get at least a premium Tier V.

• Cool 2

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
54 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Ahhh, thank you. When he named the camo it looked as if he was talking about the event camo. :Smile_honoring:

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

No!!! I dont know, but my camos for Audacious and Midway was 5.000.

I bought the space for hakuryu for 8.000.

Maybe it will be available for 8.000.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
Just now, Felipe_1982 said:

No!!! I dont know, but my camos for Audacious and Midway was 5.000.

I bought the space for hakuryu for 8.000.

Maybe it will be available for 8.000.

Ack! Thank you. :Smile_honoring:

Someone else corrected my assumption.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,295 posts
1 hour ago, Rustyhole said:

Probably...

1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

Yep.... you can expect only worsening treatment from the pusher when the addicts will pay no matter what.

I would say Soviet Cruisers event was good, i bought ochakov and Bagration and got some tokens, i was able to get Tallin and  Mikoyan and some camos. 

I would like to get Riga but as i was not aware how missions works i lost her, but i grabed her camo.

That was a cool event, you buy some ships and get others for free. In fact i could have grabed T8 and T9 as also some camos, but i just got T5 and T5, my mistake.

I would like to have an event where i should buy a ship, do missions, get tokens and open up new ships and perma camos.

[PVE]
Members
11,821 posts
24,479 battles
4 hours ago, madgiecool said:

1. 1st, as you already said, people like the look of them. These are just alt perma camos like the Space ones and the others (Halloween, Rouge Wave, etc..). You buy it because you like the looks
  2. T10 alt perma camos now go for 8K doubloons so spending 7500 is actually a discount.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,726 posts
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  1. 1st, as you already said, people like the look of them. These are just alt perma camos like the Space ones and the others (Halloween, Rouge Wave, etc..). You buy it because you like the looks
  2. T10 alt perma camos now go for 8K doubloons so spending 7500 is actually a discount.

Unlike many of the crazy alt camos, Iron Cross isn't ugly and/or cartoonish.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,821 posts
24,479 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

Unlike many of the crazy alt camos, Iron Cross isn't ugly and/or cartoonish.

It looks great on the new CV's and I like it on my GK too.

The Halloween type ones, and similar, do nothing for me and I don't run the ones I have (won them didn't buy).

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles

The only alternate permacamo that I have ever purchased is the one for Warspite.  :Smile_honoring:

That one has a credit earning buff of 35% I think.  I made some solid bank with it for a while.  :cap_like:

Now it just helps offset the operations payout nerf.  :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,726 posts
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It looks great on the new CV's and I like it on my GK too.

The Halloween type ones, and similar, do nothing for me and I don't run the ones I have (won them didn't buy).

Pretty much the same here.

Actually I've only ever purchased one permacamo, when it was on DEEP discount. 

Otherwise, I don't, and recent events have demonstrated the wisdom of that decision.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1

[Y0L0W]
Members
506 posts
16,673 battles
4 hours ago, madgiecool said:

You missed the part where the Iron Cross cams (for the Tier X's) can be brought in a mission pack for 7500 gold.

Not only does the mission(s) need to be completed to get the 600 tokens,  the cam has the same stats as the 5000 gold prem camo that is available in port (tier X price for cams)

I'm having a sale. 

Buy 1 for $10 or get 2 for $30. For a limited time only while supplies last.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this