Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ZoomieG

Solution to WGC change in 0.9.6

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
3,460 battles

As anyone that didn't use WGC prior to 0.9.6 has surely noticed, the Wargaming Center is now required to launch the game.  Indeed, using old links to the .exe now just start WGC.  This is because WG moved login functions from the game itself to the WGC.

For those of you out there like me that do not have a use for a glorified updater to launch the game running in the background, here is a solution.

I've attached a batch file that launches the WGC, waits 3 seconds for WGC to start, then launches the game, waits 90 seconds for the login to occur, then force-closes WGC.

Here is the text of the BAT:

@echo off

start C:\ProgramData\Wargaming.net\GameCenter\wgc.exe

timeout 3 /nobreak > NUL

start C:\Games\World_of_Warships\WorldOfWarships.exe

timeout 90 /nobreak > NUL

taskkill /f /im wgc.exe

You will likely have to modify the text in blue to match your files; if you have the game installed somewhere other than "C:\Games".  If you have issues with the timing, you can adjust the 3 and 90 either shorter or longer.

I've updated my old shortcut to the games .exe to point to this batch instead.  Now I have a shortcut on my desktop that still has the WG icon, that launches the game and kills WGC in one double-click.

Cheers!

WoWs.bat

EDIT: Forgot to ad - This has only been minimally tested.  I have successfully launched the game several times, and played several matches.  Do not use this without understanding how it works!

Edited by ZoomieG
CAVEAT EMPTOR
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Members
1,583 posts
24,995 battles

It's not a mod, it just automates what you can do manually.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

You know you can just close it manually after opening the game, right? Just uncheck the minimize to task bar button in the settings and hit the X.

Members
3,749 posts
23,256 battles
48 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

You know you can just close it manually after opening the game, right? Just uncheck the minimize to task bar button in the settings and hit the X.

You savage, hitting them with facts like that!! :Smile_medal:

• Boring 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,697 posts
7 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Yes, nothing better than a "refutation" that spouts something technically true, but missed the point entirely

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
462 posts
3,460 battles
6 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Can this mod be approved by WG??

As noted by theLaaLaa, it's not a mod.  It's a script.

4 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

Of course.  The entire point of scripting is to automate repeated manual processes.  This script replaces a half-dozen clicks and a couple alt-tabs with one action.

3 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Just because someone displays a little computer illiteracy doesn't mean you can call them a savage. :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this