Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Systemlord_1

The sound is horrible, what happened?

6 comments in this topic

Members
68 posts
4,531 battles

I haven't played in the last 4 days, but the sound has changed and it's not good. When I lob shells at ships, the impact sounds like I'm dropping big oil barrels onto the ships and it sounds clunky. The music and voices are drowned out and the engine and planes (background noise) sounds are in the front soundstage.

The music and YouTube sounds are normal, it's just ingame and is so bad I can't play WOW unless I mute the game.

Did the sound dramatically change in the last couple of days via an update?

Edited by Systemlord_1

[USCC2]
Members
6,052 posts

But it's an improvement! :Smile_smile:

Honestly, every person I have talked to and every streamer I have watched has said it Is terrible - specifically the engine noises and especially the new 'when damaging' noises.

At least there is the option to turn them down.....and we have! :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,642 posts
34,876 battles

Yes, it is horrible. I had to turn them down a lot.

Someone in his infinite wisdom in St. Pete thought it was a good idea to spend man-hours adding this, instead of spending man hours on fixing bugs. Go figure.

(PS I know there are different teams, but why is this non-requested sound change a priority instead of other more important issues to be dealt with?)

Members
27 posts
4,456 battles

Agreed.  New sounds SUCK!  I used to enjoy the sounds.  Now I have them turned down so I cannot hear them, they are that bad in my opinion.  Drunk people deciding to change things no one asked for???  Same for the rewards display, new equipment display, new armory display, etc.  Rather than balance the game, just keep f#@k*ng it up...  

Members
68 posts
4,531 battles

You gotta be kidding me, an upgrade!? I thought something was wrong with my amp or sound ship. As it stands I cannot play WOW its current form unless muted and if it continues I'm afraid it's time to move on. 

This must be embarrassing for WG. 

Edited by Systemlord_1

[VOP]
Members
600 posts
40 minutes ago, Systemlord_1 said:

You gotta be kidding me, an upgrade!? I thought something was wrong with my amp or sound ship. As it stands I cannot play WOW its current form unless muted and if it continues I'm afraid it's time to move on. 

This must be embarrassing for WG. 

WG can only be embarrassed if they think they made a mistake. Some tone deaf person approved it. Therefore, it is good!

Sign in to follow this