You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Spyde

WG Needs to get a Grip on CV's before they lose the game.

154 comments in this topic

[5D]
Members
1,065 posts
13,586 battles

Just dodge ... AP rocket are easily to counter just dont be broadside

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[WAKE]
[WAKE]
Members
324 posts
19,160 battles
10 minutes ago, dad003 said:

This....any type of angling against AP rocket attacks pretty much negates them.

• Cool 6
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

Members
111 posts
5,439 battles

Seriously, out of all the things you could complain about CVs, you choose AP rockets? The thing that you dodge by doing literally the exact same thing that you do against every other AP shell in the game?

Honestly I hate all the CV complaining and hate on the forums. I've played enough online games to know when something is the flavor of the month to hate on, and that poorer players will immediately jump on the hate wagon just to blame everything else but themselves, but at least there is "some" truth behind some of the complaints... but AP rockets? Sure they can be good in the right situation, but would it hurt a cruiser to just turn a little bit towards the rockets so they don't have their flat broadside? especially when its early enough in the game that they haven't even got in gun range yet?

• Cool 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 17

Members
66 posts

CVs in matches are like being uptiered by 2.  It's bearable for a few games but last time I played randoms every match had carriers and I have not been motivated to hit the "battle" button since.  Can we treat carries like uptiering?  Perhaps make it so you can only get carrier games 50 percent of the games you play.  That way, non carrier people can have fun in at least half the games and tolerate the other half. 

• Cool 2

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
15 minutes ago, dad003 said:

agreed, angle, turn in they are defeatable, besides Kiron has a massive cit, 

[WOLFC]
Members
1,664 posts
9,483 battles

27 minutes ago, Spyde said:

With that.. i have had this tonight more than once.

Start of game, a player or two... will state they will not play a match with a CV, sets autopilot and leaves.image.thumb.png.cce38ff0e64ff267c5d42819dce8eef1.png

The problem in this case is not the CVs, it’s players with this type of selfish and entitled attitude. This is the equivalent of a child taking their ball and going home because they aren’t getting their way.

I very rarely see this behavior, but when I do I report them. Going out of your way to sabotage your team in this manner is not only a scummy move, it’s also against the game rules.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,423 battles

WF is, apparently, ruining their own creation.

I used to think WF was re-enacting the fable of the Golden Goose.

However, a more apt comparison would be either;

Dr, Frankenstein (WF) & his created monster or Dr. Jekyll (WF) & Mr Hyde (WoWS & before this, WoT).

Drink up the potion Dr Jekyll, drink all of it up.

• Confused 4
  • Boring 3

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,255 battles
44 minutes ago, Spyde said:

Wonder if WG will take to long to get the hint about how only a small minority like CV's how they Currently are.

Have you actually done a poll with all the players in the game to be able to make this statement?  I think more people don't care one way or the other about CVs.  The way CVs are now are a lot better than they used to be.  I am not saying they are perfect but they are better.  

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 10

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
41 minutes ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Seriously, out of all the things you could complain about CVs, you choose AP rockets? The thing that you dodge by doing literally the exact same thing that you do against every other AP shell in the game?

Honestly I hate all the CV complaining and hate on the forums. I've played enough online games to know when something is the flavor of the month to hate on, and that poorer players will immediately jump on the hate wagon just to blame everything else but themselves, but at least there is "some" truth behind some of the complaints... but AP rockets? Sure they can be good in the right situation, but would it hurt a cruiser to just turn a little bit towards the rockets so they don't have their flat broadside? especially when its early enough in the game that they haven't even got in gun range yet?

CVs are no flavor of the month hate, but a long term hate that has been there any time CVs are present. Really surprised WG never has removed CVs as relatively few players genuinely like them, a few more are neutral on CVs, while the vast majority of players Hate CVs.

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 17
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,249 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

CVs are no flavor of the month hate, but a long term hate that has been there any time CVs are present. Really surprised WG never has removed CVs as relatively few players genuinely like them, a few more are neutral on CVs, while the vast majority of players Hate CVs.

^This

• Cool 9
  • Boring 2

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

AP rockets are legitimately terrible. They can hypothetically do good damage but it not only requires RNG but it requires the target to be completely braindead. The AP cruiser shells that most players never touch due to being situational? Those are a much bigger threat than rockets are. Of all the things to complain about being too strong they really aren't one of them.

Alpha Tester
6,440 posts
3,250 battles
52 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The problem in this case is not the CVs, it’s players with this type of selfish and entitled attitude. This is the equivalent of a child taking their ball and going home because they aren’t getting their way.

I very rarely see this behavior, but when I do I report them. Going out of your way to sabotage your team in this manner is not only a scummy move, it’s also against the game rules.

Agreed. I totally get why people don't like CVs, but that is a level of scumbaggery usually only seen by artillery players in World of Tanks who kill themselves when they get a city map.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
996 posts
51 minutes ago, Antean said:

WF is, apparently, ruining their own creation.

I used to think WF was re-enacting the fable of the Golden Goose.

However, a more apt comparison would be either;

Dr, Frankenstein (WF) & his created monster or Dr. Jekyll (WF) & Mr Hyde (WoWS & before this, WoT).

Drink up the potion Dr Jekyll, drink all of it up.

What’s “WF”?

• Cool 1

[BONKS]
Members
1,496 posts
50 battles

Quite frankly WG doesn't need to get a grip on anything. WoWs is a monopoly with no serious competitor within its particular niche. Unless the game becomes literally unplayable WG can do whatever they want and rake in tons of cash.

And given how the game has changed over the years, WG very much knows this. This is why they leave mechanics such as CVs as broken as they are and can release stupid ship concepts such as Smolensk without fear of financial repercussion.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,695 posts
1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

Well said.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

[90THI]
Members
102 posts
8,399 battles

After months of trying to renew interest in the game, CV fatigue syndrome has taken a deathgrip on the joy I once had playing this game.  The simple fact that planes trump ships and planes have drastic consequences on the concealment game hence player fatigue.    

Edited by Willawaw
  • Cool 5
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,123 posts
4,088 battles
47 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

Have you actually done a poll with all the players in the game to be able to make this statement?  I think more people don't care one way or the other about CVs.  The way CVs are now are a lot better than they used to be.  I am not saying they are perfect but they are better.  

I have yet to hear anyone in battle say something good about CVs. Plenty of expended vocabulary describing their design though. I'd bet pretty good money that the average player isn't a CV fan. And I seriously doubt many tears would be shed if CVs disappeared one day. I'm pretty sure there'd be some parties though...

WG knows full well their players hate CVs. They just have no clue how to fix them, and don't want to trash all the rework effort by removing them.

And yes, I agree. CVs are better. But they're still a LONG way from OK. But the rework made them OP for even potato players, so their popularity skyrocketed, which overall made the CV problem much worse.

In terms of fixing them, AA needs to be restored to the old system, rocket planes need to go (easiest to use, affect the most vulnerable class the most), and make gun bloom not increase air detection. Those three steps would go miles to improving surface warships' experience against CVs. WG needs to admit the rework was failure, and either rework them again, or remove them.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,564 posts

The new CVs have been out over a year now and the server population stats, at least the NA stats are higher than they have been in the past.  in fact earlier this year the NA server set a new population record.

I am sure a good bit of that is owed to Covid but, WG isn't anywhere near "losing the game".  It's doing just fine.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[ANKER]
Members
250 posts
4,955 battles

Stop complaining about the Cv's..WG will not listen.

2 things you can do...

1st. Stop spending money to this game

2nd. If you cant handle it anymore ..just uninstall and find a new game...:cap_like:

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles

Another CV's will ruin the game thread...

restarttheclock.gif

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2

[O2]
Members
228 posts
2 hours ago, Spyde said:

Cruisers get to feel crapped on like DD's do.

The Atlanta in my previous game says hi. He got deleted in ....idk...2 minutes time or so. Two passes from a Parseval and gone. Except that he ranted the rest of the game in chat :)

• Haha 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,584 posts
15,711 battles

You know, the subject of CV’s has become almost like talking politics. People with opinions and beliefs on both sides pretty well dug in.

Round and round it goes.

• Cool 3

[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,095 battles
8 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

You know, the subject of CV’s has become almost like talking politics. People with opinions and beliefs on both sides pretty well dug in.

Round and round it goes.

The side wanting to get rid of CV's will never win. WG has made money on CV's and they have moved on to subs. The only thing people do when complaining about CV anymore is just promote more toxic behavior. They didn't get their way so its time to throw tantrums on the forums until they get their way in their eyes.

WG doesn't care anymore. CV's aren't their focus. They have made it clear. 

Infact, they have doubled down with german CV's.

The other side as you put it will just need to either come to grips with the future the game is heading in or find another game. They will never ever get CV removed. It's not in WG's interest to waste time and resources scrapping it.

Really they should just start deleting these threads.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
2 hours ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Hmmmm, it's almost like a CV can attack from any angle it wishes to and make you decide to go broadside against them or their team....

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2