You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Petro question

6 comments in this topic

[UNHLY]
Members
5,030 posts
14,137 battles

Personally I’d go with reload. You have a non standard dispersion (like the RU battleships) that favors short and medium range but has poor long range dispersion so the gunnery becomes more unreliable at the extra range the range mod would give. Since you’re mostly going to be engaging at closer ranges the extra dpm of the reload mod is more valuable. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,681 posts
23,726 battles

I use range due to bbs sitting way back.

Plus, I like to stay back a bit.

I started with reload,  found myself speeding into trouble.

Members
203 posts
5,977 battles

I have yet to play the ship, but considering its tankiness and more accurate guns at closer range I would say the reload, heck even the AA mod if you really want to swat some flies, it has great AA.

The issue with the range mod is that it only works if you are shooting at things between your old max range without the mod and the new max range with the mod, and the petro isn't a ship you really want to sit that far back in. By no means do you have to brawl, but 10-15KM is a much better range for that ship.

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles

take reload, you want to maximize dpm as petro has tier 8 levels of h.e dpm plus what use is range mod when you want to get closer so you have better dispersion.