You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Toxygene

What's the easiest/zero skill ship to play?

94 comments in this topic

[O2]
Members
227 posts

Regardless of Tier - what's the simplest, easiest, zero skill required ship in WOWS?

[INTEL]
Members
13,053 posts
36,003 battles

Any ship can be played. But played well????

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
128 posts
5,925 battles

A Premium Carrier like Kaga. you can literally just throw planes away and you will still be able to do damage

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

Members
5,262 posts
9,950 battles

All ships takes a certain amount of skill - no matter what you have read in the forums or see people spew in chat.  As Taichunger says - any of them can be driven but to do well and be a good teammate - takes a bit of skill to know what to do in any given ship.

Members
256 posts
5 minutes ago, Toxygene said:

Regardless of Tier - what's the simplest, easiest, zero skill required ship in WOWS?

Anything with a big flat deck where the gun turrets should be.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Members
3,582 posts
12,963 battles

Low tier ships in general. It's by game design. Less gimmicks, small maps, close engagements. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
704 posts
10,015 battles

CV

You help your team by spotting, you don't have to care about planes so long as you aren't dumb and you are the only ship that can touch any spot of the map with pure impunity so long as you are smart with your planes. Also the most frustrating class in the game rn other than radar cruisers with stealth radar. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,349 posts
23,752 battles

Massachusetts.

Some of the most accurate secondaries in game for starting fires on big ships and chewing on small ones.

Small size creates less of a target and easier maneuvering.

One of the top torpedo belts in game (50%-ish)

Heavy AP rounds for easy citadels.

Decent range.

Fast reloading damage repair party for fixing the misplays made.

• Cool 7

[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles

IMO,

1. BB/HC
  2. CVs

Its an open debate as to which one takes the cake... To me, its neck and neck...

• Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[DBRIS]
Members
626 posts
11,116 battles
1 hour ago, Toxygene said:

Nassau, spec for secondaries, set a course, go have lunch.

• Cool 2

[WMD]
Members
1,619 posts
9,730 battles
1 hour ago, Toxygene said:

To accomplish what?

Damage?  Likely BBs, spam HE at everything and you get damage numbers pretty consistently. At the same time, having enough armour and HP to last a while. 

To win matches? Likely CVs, since as mentioned earlier even just flying like an idiot at the enemy provides spotting for your team, and your ship is nowhere near the fight so you'll live until the end. 

Edited by VeatherVitch
  • Meh 1

[TIMT]
Members
640 posts
3,413 battles
16 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Massachusetts.

Some of the most accurate secondaries in game for starting fires on big ships and chewing on small ones.

While she is rather forgiving, i would caution to say that the secondary build requires a lot of captain points. She is easy to play, but I think a lot of lower tier ships are even easier due to the simpler game mechanics and matchmaking.

I think something at lower tiers or a low tier CV might be fine. Heck, I played 20 games in Langley and did ok, and I despise the carrier gameplay and I suck at playing them. Similarly, T3 Charleston or T4 Phoenix were really simple things to play. Most other lines i skipped the T1-T4, so no Idea about those.

[PISD]
Members
1,277 posts
5,261 battles

Shrodinger CV, where they are the easiest class to win with but also where a Bad cv player will doom his team. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[SIM]
Members
4,928 posts
8,005 battles

There isn’t one. The closest that you get is anything sporting high caliber HE rounds with an increase to fire chance or damage. These kinds of ships can stack high damage with impunity as angling doesn’t matter against them and even one or two shells hitting a target can still generate additional fire damage. Even then, most ships of this type have glass jaws, and go down quickly when people shoot back. 

Members
407 posts
6,018 battles

St. Louis.  Its Tier III, but its made from guns, and drives like a battleship.

• Cool 1

Members
137 posts
11,300 battles

Any tier 1 ship.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,071 posts
8,883 battles

I would (seriously) think that would be  the Musashi.....

[INTEL]
Members
1,768 posts
15,661 battles
14 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

I would (seriously) think that would be  the Musashi.....

:Smile_amazed: Musashi is a lot of things but easy to play isn't one of them. Unless you define easy to play as sitting as far away from anything red as possible. In that case every ship in the game is equally easy.

Lion, Conqueror, and Thunderer get my vote for easiest ships to play. Thunderer for range, accuracy and insane HE damage/fire chance. Lion and Conq for the HE damage/fire chance and portable shipyard Repair Party. Nelson would be in the mix except she doesn't have great range and being T7 she can be overmatched by every BB above her and a large number of T6's.. and thats a big fat nose.

Alpha Tester
6,440 posts
3,249 battles
2 hours ago, Toxygene said:

Smolensk, followed by Kremlin, Slava, and Stalingrad. Every time you pull the trigger on any of them is like pressing ctrl+alt+delete on someone else's ship.

For the record, I STRONGLY advise that you not buy whatever ship you're thinking of. There's only one reason why anyone would post a question like this and the answer never does anything to improve the game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 6

[A-I-M]
Members
3,009 posts
22,027 battles

1. Massachusetts

2. St Louis (US tier III)

3. The German Premium tier III BB

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,218 battles

Definitely cv as a whole. Enterprise, haku, kaga are the easiest ships in the game to play. For bb's its definitely the conqueror and thunderer

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1