You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MockingBird94

Too Many Events!

18 comments in this topic

[N2O]
[N2O]
Members
114 posts
4,342 battles

In 2020, we've started getting many events. They were very fun and I enjoyed the European DDs, Cap's April Fools Day, and the Hamburg Dockyard where I finally got the Graph Spee! But these events started getting more and more boring. They are too repetitive. Instead of grinding the tech tree, I spent my time grinding the missions. One after another and there is no brake or end sight! Events are more fun when there are a bit fewer of them and, not one after another.

Edited by MockingBird94
Typo
  • Cool 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,413 posts
14,163 battles

I do wish they would have a couple weeks in between events but they don't so it is up to us to decide what ones we want to push hard on and the ones that we will mostly ignore taking whatever we get from simply playing.

[KWF]
Members
4,366 posts
6,405 battles

Lucky for you the German CV event looks indifferent. Focus on Dockyard; Odin is a far more tangible reward if you got the 3.5k dubs to buy the missing phases.

[MHG]
Members
229 posts
16,679 battles

There are many many people who have ground out every tech tree line there is in the game. Without anything else to grind, the game becomes boring after a while. Think of these events as stuff you CAN do if you want and have the time. It is strange that one would want there to be NO event, rather than opt to not taking part in one. Might not be long before people ask that Disneyland be closed most of the year because they are bored of going daily. Maybe also ask Netflix/Youtube to keep the site down for most of the day.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[N2O]
[N2O]
Members
114 posts
4,342 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Lucky for you the German CV event looks indifferent. Focus on Dockyard; Odin is a far more tangible reward if you got the 3.5k dubs to buy the missing phases.

I don't need the Odin. I am happy with Graph Spee. I don't have enough doubloons for Odin.

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
38 minutes ago, MockingBird94 said:

In 2020, we've started getting many events. They were very fun and I enjoyed the European DDs, Cap's April Fools Day, and the Hamburg Dockyard where I finally got the Graph Spee! But these events started getting more and more boring. They are too repetitive. Instead of grinding the tech tree, I spent my time grinding the missions. One after another and there is no brake or end sight! Events are more fun when there are a bit fewer of them and, not one after another.

Agreed, I won't be spend much on the bb split useless it is worth it 

Members
3,752 posts
23,292 battles
1 hour ago, MockingBird94 said:

A number of us complained last year when they started overlapping clan battles with ranked battles. Now they've add everything you mentioned so it's easy to feel like you are getting burned out. There's a reason for it all but I won't say because we have some touchy forum moderators who like to issue warnings for anything remotely negative said about WG lately.

• Cool 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
605 posts
8,308 battles
2 hours ago, MockingBird94 said:

Can't agree with this unless you are trying to do each and every event and maximize whatever the goal(s) of each event is/yields.  It's like saying there's too much bacon on the breakfast plate (that's a problem?)!  IF you feel like there's too many, skip ones that are less appealing and do the ones that work for you while doing the tech tree grind that you want to do.   

For me, I'm doing the Hamburg Dockyard directives while passing over the German carrier event.  I've only so much time to play WoWs and I've no interest on German carriers though I have to admit the camo schemes are pretty darn cool.  I've also gotten Twitch missions from the stream but do only the ones that interest me or that I've time for.  I'm also passing on the limited time Strong Will campaign and just looking at eliting all the ships I have in port without doing any advancing.

Quite frankly, I think it's great that Wargaming is putting out all these events to entice players into playing a great game even more than they already do.  I appreciate it and like that because there's an abundance, I can pick and choose.  If I didn't also play World of Tanks and didn't also have a job (or sometimes 2), I might play even more WoWs and target more things to do.

[WOLF9]
Members
653 posts
18,831 battles

SO, as a side question:  Is the USN BB line split next up for sure?

If Yes, I may have to repurchase the Colorado and start grinding some xp on her.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,915 posts
15,280 battles
2 hours ago, kyesac said:

Is the USN BB line split next up for sure?

They confirmed they are working on the split ... however it will take some time to test the ships ..... after that, it xcel spreadsheet .... re-evaluate, test phase again before it release.

so

Soon™

Members
100 posts
8,972 battles

At least the events are overlapping, I finished the first German CV directive without even trying while I was grinding the 2nd to last dockyard mission, in fact it took me a few battles to even realize that I was doing missions for both events simultaneously. As long as they are set up that way I don't have a problem with them.

• Cool 1

Members
407 posts
5,953 battles

It happened that part of the Carrier chain quests overlapped with one or two of the Fifth Dockyard directive missions, so I was able to spend....a lot of time, playing just German cruisers to do both at once.  During so got the 1.9 million main gun battery damage for German cruisers out of the way along with the Commander XP mission while grinding several parts of at least two of the German carrier chains.  Got from Konigsberg to Nurnberg while also using Graf Spee alternately.

Now that that's done, I can switch to Bismarck for the other chains, as she needs grinding, that go to other things once the new directives come out on Monday.

[FORM]
Members
1,624 posts
11,293 battles
17 hours ago, MockingBird94 said:

In 2020, we've started getting many events. 

I've seen this kind of remark a few times, and I guess I'm just not the kind of "must have all the toys" kind of player who gets bothered by these incomplete events. I would much rather have lots of events to choose from than to limit it to where everyone could finish all of them easily.

Why do folks feel they "need" to complete all the events? Why not look it over and choose which event(s) you can and want to complete and then just ignore the rest of it and be glad you had options?

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
895 posts
3,454 battles

CV event is really a minor event. They're niche ships to begin with, the directives are simple, and you can't get any worthwhile reward without randomly pulling a ship mission. 

If you want an Iron Cross camo, you have to buy it. Straightforward. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,713 posts

We've gone from a major event or release very 2 or 3 months, to continuous events, to overlapping events.

And then they try to justify things with "but we're running out of content".

:Smile_facepalm:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,713 posts
37 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I've seen this kind of remark a few times, and I guess I'm just not the kind of "must have all the toys" kind of player who gets bothered by these incomplete events. I would much rather have lots of events to choose from than to limit it to where everyone could finish all of them easily.

Why do folks feel they "need" to complete all the events? Why not look it over and choose which event(s) you can and want to complete and then just ignore the rest of it and be glad you had options?

Sometimes because they're playing on a budget and the event will probably be the only way to ever get something they want for free or discount.

Sometimes because each thing you unlock is also something that makes a future event or grind or mission easier.

Sometimes because part of the fun for them is collecting as much of the content as they can.

Members
443 posts
451 battles

I ignore the missions, ignore the events, and pay even less attention to dockyards than that. I put too much money into this game early on and everything wargaming does is meant to separate a player from her coin, which is perfectly okay - they’re not running a non-profit here. I really enjoy playing the ships I have, playing the modes I like, and not grinding every minute I’m online, and I’ll tell you, once I made that decision, the stress dropped 400% overnight.  

[VOP]
Members
600 posts
31 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

I ignore the missions, ignore the events, and pay even less attention to dockyards than that. I put too much money into this game early on and everything wargaming does is meant to separate a player from her coin, which is perfectly okay - they’re not running a non-profit here. I really enjoy playing the ships I have, playing the modes I like, and not grinding every minute I’m online, and I’ll tell you, once I made that decision, the stress dropped 400% overnight.  

They also seem to be doing more to separate the player from the game with all the weird/bad changes they do.