You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

German Carrier Camo Missions.

20 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles

These are the ones whose final phase can only be completed by one of the new German carriers IF you win her in pre-release, or by the Graf Zeppelin (or Graf Zep B) if you own her.

image.thumb.png.6fadc492826daa94461b81c7883584f6.png

I had initially thought not to look at these at all, but this morning I had an epiphany on the subject. Some of them are quite involved, and if I were to obtain and unlock an early-release carrier very early in the game, I might be running out of time to complete the relevant permacamo mission if I only started it then. So I have decided to drop all the other things I'm doing (because my time frames to get them done are very relaxed and I need a change of pace), and get these things done.

I have elected not to try to get enough German Tokens for one of the Tier 10 permacamos, because I have already decided I'm not grinding up that far.

For the interested and determined, the missions are as follows (each earns 60 tokens, each completed stage 15):

1) In any German ship of Tier FOUR or above (yes, that's right, ladies and gents; Tier 4 gets a look-in on directives at last!), and in listed mission order:

• Kill four ships.
  • Earn 450,000 credits.
  • Do 250,000 damage.
  • Get 7 capture or assist-capture flags.
  • Earn 6500 base XP (before premium time or other modifiers).
  • And finally, in Tier 4 CV RHEIN, earn 1500 base XP to receive her permacamo.

2) In any German ship of Tier 6 or above, and in listed mission order:

• Get 10 set-fire or torpedo hit ribbons.
  • Earn 25,000 ship XP (after all bonuses applied).
  • Get 65,000 spotting damage.
  • Earn 2 million credits.
  • Do 540,000 damage against other ships.
  • And finally, IN TIER 6 CV WESER, kill four ships to receive her permacamo.

3) In German ships of Tier 8 or above (in mission order).

• Get 7.5 million potential damage.
  • Earn 9000 base XP (before premium time or any bonuses).
  • Earn 3.2 million credits.
  • Get 1000 secondary hits.
  • Earn 120,000 ship XP (after all bonuses).
  • And finally, IN TIER 8 CV AUGUST VON PARSEVAL, do 250,000 damage.

4) In Tier 8 or above German ships, and in listed mission order:

• Get 4 captured or assisted-capture ribbons.
  • Do 250,000 main gun damage.
  • Get 400 main battery hits.
  • Get 120,000 spotting damage.
  • Earn 50,000 ship XP.
  • Then in GRAF ZEPPELIN or GRAF ZEPPELIN BLACK, get 250 of any sort of ribbon. Earns German tokens.

Obviously, if you have Tier 8 ships you can run all four missions concurrently. The trick to sort out is which ship is best for which mission, and which ones can be left to complete themselves while you concentrate on specifics. The secondary hit one is obviously not for the Z-23, but Bismarck exists in the tech tree and is quite capable of doing this job. Quite obviously not everybody is going to have everything, but that's the nature of the game. If you don't have it, you rearrange your priorities to grind it so that you have it for next time.

For myself, I would get the cap ribbons out of the way in co-op in the Z-23 or the Hipper, then I'd be free to play whatever I wanted (possibly Bismarck) to do everything until I hit the cap ribbon task in Mission 1. I could shift back to a DD for that, then continue in Bismarck toward the end.

[RLGN]
Members
14,244 posts
25,057 battles

I think those appeared when I ran Zeppy for some dockyard stuff.

They don’t activate initially unless you use a German CV?

[WAG]
Beta Testers
777 posts
7,160 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I think those appeared when I ran Zeppy for some dockyard stuff.

They don’t activate initially unless you use a German CV?

they activate normally. only the last mission in the first 3 chains requires a german CV.

if you dont have a german cv, you can get 300 and some change tokens from them. if you get all 3 cv's you can finish the missions and get 600 tokens

[5D]
Members
1,064 posts
13,533 battles

IF you do have all german cv you will get the t4-t6-t8 perma camo and enough token for the t10 of your choice

[GWG]
Members
6,940 posts
13,486 battles

I had to free XP past the Yorck to get the Hipper for the alt account.

Hipper is a real nice ship.  Stuck a PR event perma-camo on it and off we go.

The disturbing wall at the end is that YOU NEED THE CARRIERS.

If some of us have rotten luck with the drops, some of us will NEVER get the carriers or the Camo - despite finishing off all the missions up to that spot.

We can't BUY the carriers, no matter how many tokens or containers we earn/buy.

Sure, you can buy more chances... but that's what they are.  -- CHANCES.

And if you are that unlucky, and wait for the line to come out, the camo missions are GONE, so you can't free-XP to get to them either.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Just FYI, I typed up all the requirements here: 

Like @GX9900A says, you can only earn 300 German Tokens if you don't have German CVs. Since you have GZ, you can earn 375 guaranteed. These missions appeared for all players with this update (0.9.6), so they don't "activate."

I'm guessing the chance for this is not that high, but yes you're correct.

It's totally possible to get every single container and 0 Early Access carriers. Personally haven't got a CV yet (and have got all first directive containers), though I've seen others post they did.

[RLGN]
Members
14,244 posts
25,057 battles
28 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

snip

Guess I just didn’t notice them until after I played Zeppy.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Guess I just didn’t notice them until after I played Zeppy.

I think your guess is correct! :cap_like: I know I don't check the Missions tab first thing after each update.

I don't know why my post is so weird and everything is underlined in blue. I tried to edit and fix it, but I don't see how I can. This is really annoying me...

Members
166 posts
2,829 battles

It's unfortunate. I only have the mission for the Wesser. I'd like to get the camouflage for the Kurfurst .If I make a little extra cash I might buy the big package with 600 tokens, but then again, a permanent camouflage is probably only 3-4k doubloons. Does anyone know if the camouflage has been added in game for doubloons yet ?

[-AHOY]
Members
9 posts
2,346 battles

They need to make the missions available for resources instead of just doubloons. Or remove the carrier components from the free missions they give. pay wall blocking your "free content" isn't making it very free. Not many people have the german premium carrier. So even if you get lucky for all 3 carriers in the containers. Still pay walled for 75 tokens...

[WOLF8]
Members
7,337 posts
6,234 battles
4 hours ago, GX9900A said:

if you get all 3 cv's you can finish the missions and get 600 tokens

You forgot GZ. If you get all 3 CV's but no GZ, then you'll be capped at 525 tokens.

Members
742 posts

In short:

• There are missions and directives. They have different requirements and have different rewards
    • Directives give you containers and don't require you to have new German CVs to complete. They do not give tokens
    • Missions give you tokens but require you to have new German CVs to complete. They do not give containers
  • If you don't win a ship in one of the drops, you won't be able to fully complete any mission
  • If you have a Tier 8+ German DD, Cruiser, or BB, use them for these missions. This will make your life easier because higher tier missions overlap with lower tier missions, but not visa versa
  • You may want to play Co-Op for some of the missions (e.g. ones requiring caps)

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,695 posts
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I'm outta game right now - when's all this END  ?

tia

26  24 days from right now, I think it is.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
10 hours ago, jondoom said:

If I make a little extra cash I might buy the big package with 600 tokens

Don't. The standard permacamos for all the tech tree ships give the exact same bonuses and only cost 5000 doubloons. Unless the Iron Cross bling really means that much to you, the mission bundles are a poor deal.

[WAG]
Beta Testers
777 posts
7,160 battles
14 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

You forgot GZ. If you get all 3 CV's but no GZ, then you'll be capped at 525 tokens.

ah sorry. yeah.

[PVE]
Members
11,776 posts
24,394 battles
15 hours ago, jondoom said:

It's unfortunate. I only have the mission for the Wesser. I'd like to get the camouflage for the Kurfurst .If I make a little extra cash I might buy the big package with 600 tokens, but then again, a permanent camouflage is probably only 3-4k doubloons. Does anyone know if the camouflage has been added in game for doubloons yet ?

• T10 standard perma camos are 5000 doubloons
  • Alternate/Special T10 perma camos are now up to 8000 doubloons (so 7500 for the armory bundles is a little less plus you get some flags and regular camos too).

I actually was lucky and got all 3 CV missions (already had GZ and GZB) and have completed the camo missions + the token mission. The Iron Cross camo looks great on the CV's. Got GK's and the one for the T10 CV to use when it comes out too (bought 2 bundles). By completing missions and event tasks I earned another 600 tokens which got me Hindenburg's Iron Cross camo.  Any tokens I get going forward won't be enough to get Z52's but I don't care if I have that or not so most likely will convert them to credits.

EHdjO81.jpg

polxcf8.jpg

dKJbZw0.jpg

aaWwaC7.jpg

df8cu2a.jpg

q3ApMwA.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[-VETS]
Beta Testers
27 posts
8,056 battles

And then there's me. A very minor dabbler with CV's in CBT and found them too much like work since I didn't have 3 hands to keep up with the controls etc. So who gets a carrier in early access? Yup. Wish there was a way to pass it off to one of your guys that are lacking.

• Haha 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,695 posts

Man that looks great on GK and Hindy.

Oh well.

If I get one of the carrier-drop missions, I'll complete it so I can sell the carrier for the credits and port slot.

[ARGSY]
Members
19,962 posts
14,258 battles
32 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Alternate/Special T10 perma camos are now up to 8000 doubloons (so 7500 for the armory bundles is a little less

Provided that's what they end up going for. I heard loose talk mentioning 6K for these, but it might have been just that - loose talk.

Whatever the case, for me the extra bling just isn't worth the higher price for the same function.

I don't have Graf Zep/Zep B and don't intend to buy them (the forthcoming T6 is probably just as useful to me), so that locks me out of the 600 token thing. Never mind; I can use the credits.