You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BanCVComplainers

Are all T4 and below premiums worthless now?

85 comments in this topic

[NH]
Members
1,760 posts

At this point anything T4 and below is just bots because there doesn't seem to be a new player base. So your T4 and below premium is now effectively a CO-OP only premium due to full games of bots with the occasional real player. So does that mean any new low tier premiums will have a reduced cost,or does that mean an end to low tier premiums?

image.thumb.png.e653aad1b91e1723f95b614e717e0ff2.png

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,811 battles

i cannot understand why any new player wouldnt want to play the game? its like there is some really poor ship class that just makes the game unfun and pushes them away.

• Cool 16
  • Funny 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Boring 9
  • Meh 1

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,459 battles

I have suggested a game mode like that, 1 v 1 but with bots. I had in mind that the bots could be steered by the player a bit, but this sounds pretty close. Maybe I'll have to go do some low tier random battles, it's been a long long time since I have done randoms. People don't play the low tiers because missions can't be accomplished in them, not even snowflakes.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

Members
6,857 posts
15,308 battles

I would say the excessive 2 cv matches are why everything is dead down there. No premium has sufficient aa to defend itself there. 

• Cool 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3

[WOLF7]
Members
12,592 posts
2 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

i cannot understand why any new player wouldnt want to play the game? its like there is some really poor ship class that just makes the game unfun and pushes them away.

Sarcasm tag....:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 1

[META_]
Members
2,195 posts
7,263 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have suggested a game mode like that, 1 v 1 but with bots. I had in mind that the bots could be steered by the player a bit, but this sounds pretty close. Maybe I'll have to go do some low tier random battles, it's been a long long time since I have randoms.

what ducky said. try an ishi, you might shoot down a plane or two, before the green bots die

• Cool 7

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,811 battles
1 minute ago, Spud_butt said:

what ducky said. try an ishi, you might shoot down a plane or two, before the green bots die

but i love taking my dreadnaught out! my favourite boat with literally zero AA against 2 hosho! this is just the definition of fun

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 3

[META_]
Members
2,195 posts
7,263 battles
2 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

but i love taking my dreadnaught out! my favourite boat with literally zero AA against 2 hosho! this is just the definition of fun

true that!! it's a major challenge to dodge cross drop torps in a dreadnaught.

• Funny 5

[SIM]
Members
4,928 posts
7,999 battles
7 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

Yes, but DDs don’t seem to be getting cut anytime soon, so new players will just have to adapt. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 7

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,811 battles
2 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Yes, but DDs don’t seem to be getting cut anytime soon, so new players will just have to adapt. 

judging by the amount of threads related to bots in random battles i would say new players are adapting well to other games.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,033 posts
10,089 battles
38 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

At this point anything T4 and below is just bots because there doesn't seem to be a new player base. So your T4 and below premium is now effectively a CO-OP only premium due to full games of bots with the occasional real player. So does that mean any new low tier premiums will have a reduced cost,or does that mean an end to low tier premiums?

They haven't made a new tier IV premium since Imperator Nikolai I in November of 2015.  What does that tell you?  The last tier III premium was Dreadnought in November of 2018.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 2

[NH]
Members
1,760 posts
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

They haven't made a new tier IV premium since Imperator Nikolai I in November of 2015.  What does that tell you?  The last tier III premium was Dreadnought in November of 2018.

Time passes quickly it feels like it was just yesterday when I picked up the dreadnought.

[TARK]
Members
6,523 posts
2,505 battles
20 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It tells me they are leaving good money on the table.

Im not interested in high tier premiums.

• Cool 3

Members
58 posts
4,804 battles
33 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Time passes quickly it feels like it was just yesterday when I picked up the dreadnought.

I would propose adding more CV's to tiers I-IV but I fear the traffic on the servers would overwhelm the game.  I'm no expert of course.  Worse yet people could be overcome by the fun factor of all the CV's alone.

Perhaps its a safety feature?  Would be a shame to see so many overcome with all the CV fun.

Edited by Timeband
  • Haha 1

Members
407 posts
5,953 battles

If there were missions at the lower tiers for say flags or even coal, people would do them.

I'd love an excuse to be able to use my old V-25 destroyer more often.  I know it isn't even a premium, but its fun.

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,279 posts
25,119 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

I would say the excessive 2 cv matches are why everything is dead down there. No premium has sufficient aa to defend itself there. 

Vampire seems to do well enough.

42 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

When was Vampire Mouse?

@Ban_CV_Complainers no, they are not worthless.

Even if their ‘value’ lies only in preventing them from being a drop in a container; they are not worthless.

Still love Mikasa, Vampire, Emden, and a few others.

(edit) Might be worth taking Mikasa into Randoms again; Mikasa loves boy heavy games, because bots don’t run away from her secondaries.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[WG-CC]
12,033 posts
10,089 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

When was Vampire Mouse?

December 2017.

[RLGN]
Members
14,279 posts
25,119 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

December 2017.

Wow. Further back than I thought.

[WG-CC]
12,033 posts
10,089 battles
1 minute ago, CSSAlabama_1 said:

damn,  Mouses that suck blood???

d27zfl6-54a3482b-d506-44bc-a01e-d9766fbf1e53.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZTEwODViYWUtNmMzZC00ZDkxLWE3NzEtN2JhZmU3YWMwMDMyXC9kMjd6Zmw2LTU0YTM0ODJiLWQ1MDYtNDRiYy1hMDFlLWQ5NzY2ZmJmMWU1My5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.OwDdlC_msi_DUCCrEjE5YRZoQbHVDn6virfa9jh08_Y

• Cool 2
  • Funny 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,279 posts
25,119 battles
Just now, CSSAlabama_1 said:

damn,  Mouses that suck blood???

If you’ve ever had pet mice, you’d know what little bloodletters they can be... (sharp teeth are sharp...)

[GWG]
Members
6,948 posts
13,490 battles

They are still good for Naval Battles.

You can get up to 300 ribbons on a co-op mission in an Emden.

[FORM]
Members
1,624 posts
11,293 battles

It's always worth keeping the premiums, just so you don't acquire them again in any crate. As to your perception about the lack of value since there are bots at tier 4 and lower now, I think for the health of encouraging new players to learn the game it was a smart move by WG. Most folks don't want to be the seal and get clubbed. 

• Cool 3

[RST]
[RST]
Beta Testers
137 posts
8,585 battles
1 hour ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

I got my Dreadnaught just for the historical value.  I rarely play it but it's fun to put my best Brit BB captain in it and take it for a spin.

• Cool 3