Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Potential damage-clarification

6 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
5,372 posts
16,117 battles

Been working on the potential damage mission and wanted to make sure I had it right. I understand that you get credit for shells and torps that land (or pass) within 300 meters. (from an old discussion). I'm hoping it is the "pass with 300 meters" for shells because, at close range, a shell that passes over your deck by inches is landing quite a ways away.

Does the shell/torp have to be aimed at you originally? 

If not, can multiple ships get potential damage from dodging (or being hit by) the same spread of torps (or shells).

Is it only enemy torps/shells? No credit for dodging those fired by that pink idiot that just let loose behind you.

I assume there is no credit for potential/actual ramming damage.

Edited by Sabot_100

Members
4,332 posts
11,177 battles

As far as I know, it’s all enemy ordinance (shells, torps, aircraft rockets/torps/bombs) that land within 700 meters (not 300). Ramming/avoided ramming doesn’t count (although secondaries firing during still would), and friendly fire doesn’t either. Edit: fires and flooding also do not count toward potential damage. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

Been working on the potential damage mission and wanted to make sure I had it right. I understand that you get credit for shells and torps that land (or pass) within 300 meters. (from an old discussion). I'm hoping it is the "pass with 300 meters" for shells because, at close range, a shell that passes over your deck by inches is landing quite a ways away.

If not, can multiple ships get potential damage from dodging (or being hit by) the same spread of torps (or shells).

Is it only enemy torps/shells? No credit for dodging those fired by that pink idiot that just let loose behind you.

@MidnightPhoenix07 is correct. The maximum damage from any enemy ordinance that lands within 700 meters is potential damage. I asked CS some time ago:

image.thumb.png.dd51b37a78408af793528c92d9b448e0.png

The Wiki says so too.

Nope!

Yes. In a destroyer, I have sometimes "hugged" a battleship or cruiser to get potential damage for potential damage missions. (Note: I do not throw games ever and do this only when I am low HP and can still be close to the front-line to support my team when the opportunity comes.)

There's no credit for teammates torping/shooting you and no credit for ramming. (You can easily test this out with a friend in a Training Room.)

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,589 posts
18,482 battles
51 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Not really depends on the circumstances and the situation... Generally, for gun shells.. You get PD

• when its aimed at you with reds Fire control on guns
    • OR
  • When they're not aimed at you and shells manage to rico or any other "hit" on you, in close formation.
    • Say for example sharing an island with 4 other ships. One gets targeted but its way off course and it hits you.. This will be counted for both ships..
      • Ship A (the targeted by the red ship but the aim was off) gets PD,
      • Ship B (the innocent bystander) gets PD because it hits him instead of the other guy.

When it comes to torps...

• Getting hit by them gives you PD
  • Sailing in between two torps gives you PD...
  • As with gun shells...
    • Torps aimed at you and sail by, will give you PD
      • IF you get targeted but the torps hit your teammate... If the torps are close enough, both you and the other ship will get PD.. You for sailing and avoiding them and the other ship for getting hit by them
    • Torps not aimed at you
      • Then only time you dont get PD, is when they're to far or not close enough..
        • IF you sail in between them, you get PD
        • If you get hit by them, you get PD.

To summarize,  getting aimed at with guns is a requirement to get PD except in situations where its not. Those exceptions are 

• Getting "hit" by an ordnance..
    • OR
  • the ordnance sails by close enough to almost get hit.
    • OR
  • Getting hit as an innocent bystander not aimed at...

GL...

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

I can confirm with absolute certainty that potential damage is any enemy ordnance that hits near your ship and does not need to have been aimed at your ship.

And yes multiple ships can get the potential damage from the same Salome of shells because I have been credited with potential damage fired at a BB that I was near in my DD and you know if ai got potential damage the allied BB that was the target did as well.

No there is no credit for ramming damage.

And there is no credit for dodging allied or supposedly allied ordnance, only enemy fire counts.

[CVA16]
Members
5,372 posts
16,117 battles
48 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And there is no credit for dodging allied or supposedly allied ordnance, only enemy fire counts.

This one could be heavily abused if allowed, so I can see why it is not.

Sign in to follow this