Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GCTR21

Why didnt the US premium DDs get the defAA buff?

18 comments in this topic

[-SYS-]
Members
96 posts
5,287 battles

sims, kidd ,etc didn't get the buff to continous dmg from 50% to 75% for defAA, why did  you forget about them ?

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
7,321 posts

I asked this question a couple of days ago.  Mouse raised a fair point, once buffed its harder to undo the changes to premium ships.  So, it could be WG is going to test these changes on the tech tree ships first, then maybe the premiums will get the buff some time later.

• Cool 2

Members
204 posts
5,995 battles
2 hours ago, GCTR21 said:

comment removed

-ManWantsSteel

So... you could care less about the buffs and WG trying to find a happy medium and just want to crap on CVs? That's not a great attitude to have when balancing things.

What if they find out the buff makes the US DD line near immune to CVs (not likely)? Obviously having a class immune to its counter isn't a great way to balance the game. Now if someone bought some prem DDs due to being immune to CVs, it would be kind of hard to revert the change without making a lot of people mad.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[RLGN]
Members
16,188 posts
28,079 battles

Or it could just be;

“It’s the ship you paid for; what are you complaining about?”

-WG...

...maybe.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,826 battles
20 minutes ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Obviously having a class immune to its counter isn't a great way to balance the game.

How ironic that you should say that, when that is exactly what many players say about the currently ineffective state of many ship's AA, as well as the inability to directly strike, and sink, CVs because of their special defensive mechanics. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,826 battles
13 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

While it may be the ship you paid for, since the CV rework it's no longer the ship you're supposed to be fighting against, and it's certainly not the AA you paid for. So I'm guessing that is what many of the complaints are about. 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
2 hours ago, GCTR21 said:

comment removed

-ManWantsSteel

You think that's a cute, snarky saying, eh? :cap_haloween:Nope. 

[RLGN]
Members
16,188 posts
28,079 battles
17 minutes ago, Umikami said:

While it may be the ship you paid for, since the CV rework it's no longer the ship you're supposed to be fighting against, and it's certainly not the AA you paid for. So I'm guessing that is what many of the complaints are about. 

Fair enough.

My complaints about the rework have less to do with AA as a whole, than the fact it happened at all.

My biggest complaint about AA is that I have to deal with WG’s immersive bovine byproducts at all. The noise, the oppressive visuals far in excess of anything ships have to deal with, give me screaming fits. Add in more noise from the stupid defensive fighters launching every time a seagull so much as flies within 10k of a carrier; and an idiot narrator screeching about every little thing; and it’s surprising I get even a little fun out of a class I used to adore playing in Co-op. (Where my suckage and or fun wouldn’t bother real players much.)

• Thanks 2

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,377 posts

Maybe because they don't have separate AA spec hulls like the tech-tree DDs used to, don't cry it's still an overall AA nerf.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,826 battles
36 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

My complaints about the rework have less to do with AA as a whole, than the fact it happened at all.

I can easily agree with that!

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

defensive fire consumable is really useless anyway regardless of what ship you have it on, no reason to be running it.

• Cool 1

[-SYS-]
Members
96 posts
5,287 battles
17 hours ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

defensive fire consumable is really useless anyway regardless of what ship you have it on, no reason to be running it.

Why? You need a dps to check to kill crapuntil the cv presses f to magically tell the planes to climb to 8000 meters and out of AA, if you dont kill the planes it doesnt matter if you damage them, they need to die to give him a longer rearm timer.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Maybe for the same "reason" that premium USN standard BBs don't the special energy retention that their tech tree counterparts have (or are supposed to have)? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,440 posts
14,158 battles

Honestly. How much does that buff help? DFAA on Fletcher and Gearing did almost nothing to T10 planes. I can't imagine it improves much now.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Maybe for the same "reason" that premium USN standard BBs don't the special energy retention that their tech tree counterparts have (or are supposed to have)? 

Premium USN BBs also don't get standard access to the improved Repair Party that the Tech Tree ones do.  Alabama, Missouri don't get them.

[-SYS-]
Members
96 posts
5,287 battles
8 hours ago, chewonit said:

Honestly. How much does that buff help? DFAA on Fletcher and Gearing did almost nothing to T10 planes. I can't imagine it improves much now.

I'll take any buff for dds tbh

• Cool 1

Members
558 posts
5,048 battles
On 7/11/2020 at 2:43 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Or it could just be;

-WG...

...maybe.

Only they haven't been the ships we paid for since the rework went live. No refunds were offered either. 

Atlanta is a joke against aircraft now. 

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles
14 hours ago, GCTR21 said:

Why? You need a dps to check to kill crapuntil the cv presses f to magically tell the planes to climb to 8000 meters and out of AA, if you dont kill the planes it doesnt matter if you damage them, they need to die to give him a longer rearm timer.

AA is so bad in current state even ships like wooster and mino just get pooped on by cv, having AA on a dd is so useless especially when you sacrifice speed boost for it.

Sign in to follow this