You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Moskva has a very large influence on Battle Outcomes

21 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
1,352 posts
15,233 battles

Each match I enter, there is a 33% chance that the whole team will win the match. Just with me being there. That is a powerful influence. Over 200 matches.

• Funny 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,093 posts
18,935 battles

7qttfnm.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 2

Banned
627 posts
4 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Each match I enter, there is a 33% chance that the whole team will win the match. Just with me being there. That is a powerful influence. Over 200 matches.

17c.png

I think there is a mix of confirmation bias and incomplete assessment of information here, particularly since you haven't given anything more then anecdotal evidence, wich isn't evidence at all.

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,457 battles
54 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

there is a 33% chance that the whole team will win the match.

Well I have a 50% win rate, so if I bring Moskva, I would suppose that there is a 50% chance of winning and when I win, the whole team wins every time.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[GOCRY]
Members
395 posts
1 hour ago, Ericson38 said:

Hey! Me too!  Well, not quite 33%, mine is more like 42%.  Moskva is a hard ship to play well.

I would also contend that 200 matches is plenty to establish a trend, and your evidence is more than “anecdotal”.  Your WR isn’t just due to “bad matchmaking” or any other random thing like that.  You and Moskva just aren’t a good fit for each other.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,097 posts
4,081 battles

33% chance? What do you do, actively shoot your teammates? I think a DD would be more useful for affecting battle outcome in that way...

Well your stats say it's a 40% chance. I'm a little concerned about how someone with 13K battles can decrease his team's chances of winning by 10%:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,977 posts
20,681 battles

Moskva is a tough random ship for me, but a very strong CB ship for me....

Sadly, I may have to retire him and his legendary UU for Pertra...

[KRAK]
Members
1,352 posts
15,233 battles
59 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

33% chance? What do you do, actively shoot your teammates? I think a DD would be more useful for affecting battle outcome in that way...

Well your stats say it's a 40% chance. I'm a little concerned about how someone with 13K battles can decrease his team's chances of winning by 10%:Smile_amazed:

Was 49% win rate two years ago. Last 200 battles since thy gave it back to me brought grand total down to 40%. Pulled my online stats so I don't get focused fired right out of the gate. Helped a little I guess. Never pulled stats before, didn't need to, but with this ship, its different. 

Again, this is Moskva only win rate. Total WoW win rate average is 47%.  Total Moskva Experience just under 500K.

I don't have any issues with other ships. Brindisi is a joy to play in comparison, and even without torps or smoke, I'm sure 90% of the time the SAP salvo will hurt more than Moskva's 200mm guns will.

Edited by Ericson38

Alpha Tester
6,440 posts
3,249 battles

I wonder if that can be said across all the overpowered T10 Russian ships.

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
407 posts
17,465 battles

12km radar, bow tanking armor, rail gun with good reload. can you see the Moskva advantages

[KRAK]
Members
1,352 posts
15,233 battles
43 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

12km radar, bow tanking armor, rail gun with good reload. can you see the Moskva advantages

Bow tank doesn't work against T10 HE cruisers. Works for about 2 salvos against single T10 BB. I have been Bow Tanked as it were, dead on, with 10% health remaining, by A Z23 DD.

Radar is good, but down side is that I'm on the take out list early. Reload is good for sure, but would take Brindisi's guns any way of the week. Slow the reload down and give me 240s that do something. High speed reload keeps me spotted, since I don't shoot over obstacles. You can't shoot over anything as a real strategy, which means you long slow boat that is hard to turn with a 14 km detection range has to just get out there.

Edited by Ericson38

[META_]
Members
2,195 posts
7,256 battles
2 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

have played for over 3 years, not nearly as many battles as you, one of the things i work on the hardest is trying to avoid 'foil hat syndrome' and give in to knowing i am an albatross.

on the bright side, i used to feel i have no (zero) effect on the vast majority of battles, with the staggering % of slaughter losses, and still seem to have my best battles in team melt losses. blaming it on combined MM and RNG which seemed obvious, but doesn't do much to make it fun. lately i feel it's been about 25% battles that were close enough (at least early) to be winnable, and had some good battles which i felt changed the outcome. probably dumb luck being the right place at the right time, which STILL doesn't effect the Fun-O-Meter much.

on the dark side, there are ships that i just can't make work. i watch other players make them work, and think to myself 'oh that's how you do it' and go out there and fail miserably. top of the list is Moskva, and that's before it was special. the Donskoi grind was the worst in the game for me, and i played the absolute min in her both times to get the TX. now i have 2 RU TX in the game i will probably never play unless forced to do so. this is not on WG, it's on me. i did make that choice and own it. at one point i asked myself (after selling Moskva, and then buying the 'regular' TX) wasn't that time, free XP and credits well spent? lmbo no.

the very best effect of all this is when you enter a battle, and somebody running MMM states in battle chat something along the lines of 'oh yay, automatic loss, we have an anchor on our team.' coming off a battlechat ban for responding to that (edited), because in that battle i did carry the team.

before i play, i remind myself that for the majority of active players, it's NOT a team game... it does effect what i do, and how i do it, particularly if i want to be on the winning side. wish i was better at it.

• Cool 4

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,172 posts
9,416 battles
3 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

any bias cruiser with 50mm+ plates on the bow has a significant influence on the outcome. You can go and test on test server just how many yamato salvos you need to fire, the time spent doing so... to kill one of these bow-on ships. Compare it to how many salvos and how much time it takes for those cruisers to HE a Yamato down. Include repairs and damage control efforts. 

The bow-on cruisers win easily. They even survive with half health while Yamato always loses. 

Only BB that can threaten them is the brit BBs because of the HE... the only mechanic they havent been able to bias-op against.. but tried hard with kremlin's bias deck armor. 

[KRAK]
Members
1,352 posts
15,233 battles

Good observations Spud. I have Russian BBs to T9, and love them. Moskva is not up to the same opponents as it was 3 years ago. I was pretty effective 1st time around. But sold it for the credits to get into the French line, which I have through T10. They are good also, but too many buttons (engine boost and fire rate boost). Brindisi is simple and effective in comparison. Moskva has BB sized HP, without BB sized amour to protect her, except the bow deck plating. Easy to take out, even I go for them in by BB battles. I don't see Moskva played much anymore.  I can go five games without seeing another one on either side. Its because they have become overcome, since they tirn slow, have large detection, no smoke or torps, and have radar (with smallish main guns). High velocity main guns means no shooting over obstacles.  

[KRAK]
Members
1,352 posts
15,233 battles
1 hour ago, Skyfaller said:

any bias cruiser with 50mm+ plates on the bow has a significant influence on the outcome. You can go and test on test server just how many yamato salvos you need to fire, the time spent doing so... to kill one of these bow-on ships. Compare it to how many salvos and how much time it takes for those cruisers to HE a Yamato down. Include repairs and damage control efforts. 

The bow-on cruisers win easily. They even survive with half health while Yamato always loses. 

Only BB that can threaten them is the brit BBs because of the HE... the only mechanic they havent been able to bias-op against.. but tried hard with kremlin's bias deck armor. 

I used to pick out the Yamato based on just this line of thought, which I had heard before. Never works out. Don't need the test server to feel this pain. I stay away from them. If it worked out, I would agree with you here.

Bow on Salvo into Yamato at 15 km=1023 HP taken from one, each time, many times. That is one shell out of 6 possible, with maybe 3 others deflected. They return 5-6K damage at least, each time.

Again, high rate of fire without hiding = gun blooming idiot, especially with 14 km base detection. And these are not fire starter HE rounds, check the specifics.

Edited by Ericson38

[TNG-2]
Members
203 posts
14,166 battles

Wave top observations from doing a stat dive.  You're better at kiting cruiser play.  You're best CA win rates seem to be on the kiting type.  Moskva is rarely played this way... on a turn out (as I'm sure you've experienced multiple times) you've probably been annihilated by 1 salvo from BB.  You're issue in the ship is probably 2 fold.  I'm betting you die early in at least half your games, especially when you get in slightly too deep and try to turn out to escape.  You're second issue, your main battery hit percentage isn't good, and Moskva is a more accurate ship.  If you're not the best shot, a more accurate boat at range is bad, because your shells will generally go where they are aimed, and you're not aiming correctly.  2 things will improve this, 1 is a better computer (I went from playing on a laptop to a 25inch screen Alienware desktop... holy cow.  The improvement in hitting difficult shots is amazing.) 2 is watching more videos and watching their aim specifically (like Flamu, Flambass, Mejash, etc.).

Lastly, in Moskva as in some other ship types.... if you are in a really terrible position, sometimes your best option for the team is to not try and escape... accept that you're dead... but try and extend the time it takes the enemy team to kill you as long as possible.  Every salvo shot at you is one not shot at your team.  You can also use your expendables giving the team situational awareness as they come off cool down for others to use if you're still alive.

[KRAK]
Members
1,352 posts
15,233 battles

I have seen Moskva stats were even the secondaries are hitting at 21 %, while I'm at 12% or less. And my primaries are also half of theirs. I don't turn out with Moskva unless there is no one with a shot that I know of (spotting changes this very quickly). Again, I really enjoy the Italian line, although Moskva has my only 19 pt captain. Bismarck has my 18 pointer, and no complaints there for sure.

If you go to WoW NA stats Moskva and look at the Clan PWP you will see secondary hit rates better than my main guns with their Moskva. And their primary hit rates approach 50%.

I can fire on a stationary ship, like Seattle, at 15 km, just outside of detection range, and out of possible 9 hits, typical is 4-5, with two-three AP penetrations. HE will not start a fire until after about 5 rounds sent at same ship.

Edited by Ericson38