You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Just Out Of Curiosity How Do We Finish The German Events If We Don't Get Tech Tree CV's

35 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,842 posts
22,750 battles

Just browsing whatever chain number it is event 6 you need a German Tech Tree CV or it cant be finished ?

What happens if you don't manage to get early access task on a CV in a container ? you have to spend money for a tech tree ship really :Smile_amazed: 

I don't mind actually grinding the dam ships when they come out but this is getting out of hand.

I see no point in these early access events most of the others didn't do this.

As it stands right now i finish 5 out 6 of chain 2 and that's it , 5 out of 6 of chain 3 like wise chain 4, I can do all of chain 5 because I have  Graf Zep.

Give me strength, I need a drink   

Beta Testers
895 posts
3,454 battles

If you pull the CV from a crate, you can get a permacamo for that CV. That's basically the event.

Getting an Iron Cross camo for the Tier X German ships requires owning Graf Zeppelin (B) and getting really lucky and pulling all three CVs or spending a large sum of doubloons for the challenge.

There is no free way to get the top rewards bar already having GZ and extremely good luck.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,415 posts
10,457 battles

Yeah.  Seems like "mission creep" is happening in the early-access events.

Unless one gets lucky to receive a ship, necessary for the event directives, from a crate.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles

Do you remember the good old days (US Cruiser event) where you could earn a tier 10 permacamo without throwing money at WG?

Just another event I am ignoring.  :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 6

[POP]
Members
2,842 posts
22,750 battles

@Wolfswetpaws @1SneakyDevil @Captain_Slattery I'm pretty certain any of us could sit down and write a list of a dozen or more ships for premium sail and at least would buy 1 of them.

I'm not a cheap skate and I would say neither are any of you so if they want our money, produce ships the community want and I for one will be happy to pay them as long as there half decent.

Sadly since the vast majority are under Tier 8 that is not going to happen any time soon. 

If there desperate for money simple solution produce the ships the community want to buy. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,869 posts
16,259 battles
10 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Just another event I am ignoring.  :Smile_sceptic:

It's something that's become easier to do recently ... I originally wanted to earn  just 1 Iron Cross camo ... disappointing. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
673 posts
10 minutes ago, tm63au said:

@Wolfswetpaws @1SneakyDevil @Captain_Slattery I'm pretty certain any of us could sit down and write a list of a dozen or more ships for premium sail and at least would buy 1 of them.

I'm not a cheap skate and I would say neither are any of you so if they want our money, produce ships the community want and I for one will be happy to pay them as long as there half decent.

Sadly since the vast majority are under Tier 8 that is not going to happen any time soon. 

If there desperate for money simple solution produce the ships the community want to buy. 

When it comes to early access, WG wants people gambling $100 for the chance to get something, rather than just sell you it straight up.

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,712 posts

I get locking the permacamos for the carriers behind getting the carriers.

What I'm a touch salty about is locking the three camos for the other German tier X ships behind a carrier event and getting the carriers.

• Cool 5

[SALVO]
Members
4,364 posts
3,781 battles
25 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

What I'm a touch salty about is locking the three camos for the other German tier X ships behind a carrier event and getting the carriers.

Why would you bother with a carrier event if you don't play/like carriers?

Permacamo bait... 

But wait, the bait is also a bait itself... Tier X bait. 

Sorry, I'm not biting.

• Haha 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,415 posts
10,457 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Just browsing whatever chain number it is event 6 you need a German Tech Tree CV or it cant be finished ?

What happens if you don't manage to get early access task on a CV in a container ? you have to spend money for a tech tree ship really :Smile_amazed: 

I don't mind actually grinding the dam ships when they come out but this is getting out of hand.

As it stands right now i finish 5 out 6 of chain 2 and that's it , 5 out of 6 of chain 3 like wise chain 4, I can do all of chain 5 because I have  Graf Zep.

45 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yeah.  Seems like "mission creep" is happening in the early-access events.

Unless one gets lucky to receive a ship, necessary for the event directives, from a crate.

26 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I've been looking forward to the German CV's for some time.
Like you, I've had a Graf Zeppelin for a while.

The "Puerto Rico" event is still fresh in my mind.  I learned lessons and got doses of perspective from it.
I enjoyed the Italian cruiser event.  I enjoyed the British heavy cruiser event.

It becomes a personal question, for each player, of how much they're willing to spend for their enjoyment.

I'm currently doing the directives for the Odin and hoping that I somehow meet some of the directives for the German CV's event in the process.  I earned the Graf Spee as part of the Odin's Dockyard building phases completed.  During Pay-to-Rico, I earned the cruiser London, but did not actually complete the dockyard building of the Puerto Rico.  At least I got one "free ship" from the process.  :-)

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,712 posts
2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Why would you bother with a carrier event if you don't play/like carriers?

Permacamo bait... 

But wait, the bait is also a bait itself... Tier X bait. 

Sorry, I'm not biting.

Yeah, I'm just going to take whatever tokens I get and let them convert to credits in a couple months.

Can't even spend them on premium time.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,415 posts
10,457 battles

Like the Puerto Rico dockyard event, I have to wonder how much effort is "worth it" to get a "free car" from someone who knows it will need work ($$$) to make it road-worthy.  :cap_rambo:

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,488 posts

The event is all about the premium camo's (and early unlocks of course).  You aren't missing out on anything unless you want one of the premium camos.  If you aren't a huge fan of the looks of these camos, it's really not the big deal you are making it.

As far as paying money for early unlocks, that isn't a new thing at all and is just one of the ways WG makes money.

It is a bit odd though, that in order to get a free premium camo for other ships types, you have to get lucky and early unlock a CV, an unrelated ship type.  That part is a new thing and I am not sure I get it but, whatever.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,712 posts
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The event is all about the premium camo's (and early unlocks).  You aren't missing out on anything unless you want one of the premium camos.  If you aren't a huge fan of the looks of these camos, it's really not the big deal you are making it.

As far as paying money for early unlocks, that isn't a new thing at all and is just one of the ways WG makes money.

It is a bit odd though, that in order to get a free premium camo for other ships types, you have to get lucky and early unlock a CV, an unrelated ship type.  That part is a new thing and I am not sure I get it but, whatever.

I have all three existing German tier Xs. 

The camo for one or more of those ships was the ONLY thing I wanted from this event.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,488 posts
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I have all three existing German tier Xs. 

The camo for one or more of those ships was the ONLY thing I wanted from this event.

Yeah it's weird you can only get them by getting lucky with an unrelated ship type.

On the upside, Hapa all but said that they will be available later (I am sure not for free), if you really want one.

[KWF]
Members
4,366 posts
6,405 battles
21 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Like the Puerto Rico dockyard event, I have to wonder how much effort is "worth it" to get a "free car" from someone who knows it will need work ($$$) to make it road-worthy.  :cap_rambo:

I'd say it depends on how you play the game. If you play WoWs relatively normally, maybe a bit more, then there's no real effort involved. Dockyard missions can come naturally. You would still play about the same amount, only now you also unlock extra stuff. As for the payment, while nothing will ever come close to the 1$ Cossack, 3,5k doubloons aren't bad for a tier VIII premium.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,342 posts
6,237 battles
28 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yeah it's weird you can only get them by getting lucky with an unrelated ship type.

On the upside, Hapa all but said that they will be available later (I am sure not for free), if you really want one.

There are the ship type specific missions in the Armory that can reward 600 tokens each, without ever involving any CV's... but they cost 7500 doubloons each.

If anyone REALLY wants those special perma camos for the existing Tier X German ships and they want it NOW, then I guess they can go for those, instead of spending money on the RNG crates.

Otherwise, it might be better to wait, like you implied... lol. :Smile_hiding:

Members
1,588 posts
25,037 battles

The older this company gets, the less generous it gets. Early on there were substantial prizes at the end of doable chains. Lately the 'prize' has to involve a buy-in and the other give-aways are mere trinkets - like plastic bead necklaces toss at the plebes at Mardi Gras.

[WOLF7]
Members
160 posts
59 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

They (WG) sure are making it easier and easier to just not bother logging on and playing as much as previously.

52 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I have all three existing German tier Xs. The camo for one or more of those ships was the ONLY thing I wanted from this event.

I had also looked at what took for a free T10 camo.  Even if lightning strikes and I pulled all 3 CVs, without the GZ I have no possibility to earn.

47 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Paid employee so take statements with some salt.  I figure that that is true though (since earns them money).  After the Moskva camo fiasco, I am not purchasing any permanent camos again (even though I was lucky and had not yet purchased that one).

[WOLF6]
Members
585 posts
9,314 battles

I am doing the event for tokens to buy camo and flags.

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,661 posts
27,137 battles

I got Gallant, Haida, Indianapolis, Kaga, Enterprise, Monaghan, Graf Spee, Hood, Duke of YorkExeter, London and Gorizia for free in events like this. Where's the premium ship bonus, WG? I am well aware that most of the premium ships mentioned are underwhelming but they cost me zero dollars. Cossack cost me a doubloon, and you have to buy those with real money, so that is where I draw the line. The paywall keeps rising. This is a straight up money grab aimed at the wallet warriors and the impatient, in whose membership I no longer belong. Plus I am not a regular CV player, as my public stats (I have nothing to hide) demonstrate. Good things come to those who stand and wait.

I take what I can get free and sit on my wallet until something I like (I prefer real ships to paper ones) with real game potential, recommended by the supertesters and CCs, comes along. The Dockyard event gave me 7.2 million credits and a bunch of bonuses for free. I will get to Stage 18, but I have no intention of buying doubloons to pay for another paper warrior. regardless of how good or bad she may be. End of Saturday Rant!

[SVF]
Members
1,710 posts
2,254 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

No timeframe given I see.  Could be waiting a very loooong time then.  I point to the recent Baltimore Freedom camo mission chain.  The previous chance to earn it was, IIRC, 2 or more years ago.

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,416 battles

You don't. Unless you spend money. 

Me, I will just wait till these CVs are offered in the Ger Tech tree tho I plan to acquire the T4  only (just to terrorize T3/4 players as WF allows that). :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,592 posts
4 hours ago, tm63au said:

It's all about this....

ndvEKbW.jpg

Times are tough, I have no doubt that WG is suffering from the current recession like many people. So they are pushing to monetize everything in a FTP game. 

Gold ammo, coming soon. :Smile_trollface:

[ARGSY]
Members
20,033 posts
14,288 battles

The camos for the T10 BB, DD and CA are just a distraction. It's cheaper and far less effort to buy the standard variants in the game client. You get exactly the same function out of them.

However, while you wait to see what luck throws at you from the free crates you can win, you might as well take the mission chains for the T4, T6 and T8 tech-tree ships as far as you can. That way if you unlock one of the CVs late in the event, you're not stuck trying to do the whole quest at the last minute.

The Graf Zeppelin permacamo mission is also a distraction. The permacamo you win has no functional gains that are different from what the as-issued permacamo brings.

My attitude to the whole business was to buy myself some insurance. I bought back the V-170 this afternoon, threw some camos and flags on, and took her into co-op for warmups, then Randoms. I'm leaving her where she is for now in case 11,000 ship XP is not enough to unlock the Rhein. If I fail utterly at scoring early unlocks, I just need to push the research and buy buttons on Day 1 of 0.9.7 and get going on that tree.

11K XP ground out in a stock V-170 with a three point captain and no AA, and two carriers in every random battle. It was quite fun, actually.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu