You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Lol WG Can Have a Real Sense Of Humor

29 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

So just opened a Free German CV container and out pops 24 hours premium time and one of those ship missions marked Bonus. Well it’s for the German tier 8 CV, which I know tier 8 early access ship drops are like the rarest drops you can get. But here is the thing I lack any German CVs captains, All Elite Captain XP I am currently taking in is going to creating Shikishima’s secondary build captain which are never cheap to make. And other ships are still in high demand for skill points as well as some ships that also need some new 12+ point captains made for them.

So now I have a German tier 8 CV that will require at minimum 15 point captain at a time when I am a little tight on the captain XP. Which some of the demand for skill points among my ships is a result of the growing issues in fighting against CVs and so added skill points have been being distributed to help many of the ship on my port. Which is why it’s amusing / cruel for WG to drop a major CV on me...  :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

Hmm I suppose I could always try dropping in my 19 point secondary build Bismarck captain into the CV and see how it does in secondary gun brawling. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Haha 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

Oh no.....maybe you can spend some money to make your experience better?

I'm sure WG never intended it that way, but, you know. :Smile_smile: 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 3

[WPORT]
Members
5,499 posts
10,525 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

So just opened a Free German CV container and out pops 24 hours premium time and one of those ship missions marked Bonus. Well it’s for the German tier 8 CV, which I know tier 8 early access ship drops are like the rarest drops you can get. But here is the thing I lack any German CVs captains, All Elite Captain XP I am currently taking in is going to creating Shikishima’s secondary build captain which are never cheap to make. And other ships are still in high demand for skill points as well as some ships that also need some new 12+ point captains made for them.

So now I have a German tier 8 CV that will require at minimum 15 point captain at a time when I am a little tight on the captain XP. Which some of the demand for skill points among my ships is a result of the growing issues in fighting against CVs and so added skill points have been being distributed to help many of the ship on my port. Which is why it’s amusing / cruel for WG to drop a major CV on me...  :Smile_facepalm::Smile_veryhappy:

Hmm I suppose I could always try dropping in my 19 point secondary build Bismarck captain into the CV and see how it does in secondary gun brawling. :Smile_trollface:

Cheaper to re-spec an existing Commander than to purchase a new one and train them up by spending doubloons to get Free-Experience-Points.  Looks like you made a good decision.

Not sure why a 10-point Commander wouldn't be enough for you, though.  Care to explain?  :-)

[WPORT]
Members
5,499 posts
10,525 battles
39 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Oh no.....maybe you can spend some money to make your experience better?

I'm sure WG never intended it that way, but, you know. :Smile_smile: 

Sarcasm-MEter-e1374191031934.jpg

• Haha 2

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,755 posts
11,770 battles

You mean sense of generosity.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

Cheaper to re-spec an existing Commander than to purchase a new one and train them up by spending doubloons to get Free-Experience-Points.  Looks like you made a good decision.

Not sure why a 10-point Commander wouldn't be enough for you, though.  Care to explain?  :-)

While a 10 point captain is often enough for most ships, CVs are far more depending and German ships in general are demanding.

In order to score hits on targets your CV Aircraft need enough durability to make it through AA to targets, particularly with how many people these days are concerned enough about CVs to carry enhanced AA. So a CV needs Aircraft Armor 3 points, Survivability Expert 3 points. You need to be able to hit the target accurately so you need Sigh Stabilization 4 points. Air Superiority for faster aircraft restoration time 1 point. If you want to have much of any effect you will need to fly faster across maps so you need Improved Engines 2 points, and Improved Engine Boost 1 point. Your already at 14 points so far and you need 15 points if you want the Last Gasp skill as well for more Engine boosts.

[WPORT]
Members
5,499 posts
10,525 battles
7 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

While a 10 point captain is often enough for most ships, CVs are far more depending and German ships in general are demanding.

In order to score hits on targets your CV Aircraft need enough durability to make it through AA to targets, particularly with how many people these days are concerned enough about CVs to carry enhanced AA. So a CV needs Aircraft Armor 3 points, Survivability Expert 3 points. You need to be able to hit the target accurately so you need Sigh Stabilization 4 points. Air Superiority for faster aircraft restoration time 1 point. If you want to have much of any effect you will need to fly faster across maps so you need Improved Engines 2 points, and Improved Engine Boost 1 point. Your already at 14 points so far and you need 15 points if you want the Last Gasp skill as well for more Engine boosts.

I suppose that I am "making do".

I don't consider Sight Stabilization necessary.  Though I understand that others feel differently and that their experiences are valid for their situation.

Increasing aircraft speed is useful to cover map distances quickly.  The downside is the large turning circles the planes require to maneuver. 
Players have to adjust their flight paths to compensate.

I'll have to add the Air Supremacy skill when one more skill point becomes available.  The 5% difference hasn't been a deal-breaker in the meanwhile.

My objective was to get Advanced Firing Training to gain the increased secondary battery and AA range, though.

Enclosed are a couple of screen shots of my Graf Zeppelin, making the most of the 13 available skill points.  I made compromises to gain secondary battery range. 
The Commander started with 10 skill points and gained some through play and some from FXP training.

1434253498_CommanderReinhardvonJutland_13skillpoints_personnelfileview_07-11-2020_.thumb.jpg.e6ea3a9baa8b318b99b8e6a028fab192.jpg
857331871_GrafZeppelininAzurLaneport_07-11-2020_.thumb.jpg.5591b536bb62d0425b952e7a8550a668.jpg

Members
6,858 posts
15,357 battles

It's a German cv, what about full secondary build? 

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I opened five premium got nothing, bought 10 and the T6 the one I wanted comes out first, faceplam. I was like come on

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,567 posts

I am a CV "main".  A 10 pt captain is what I plan on dropping into my German CVs when I start to grind them.  They will do just fine.

Ironically, my GZ captain is a fully specced secondary build and I run it in coop.  The thing wrecks bots and it's hilarious.

• Thanks 1

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
278 posts
6,161 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I am a CV "main".  A 10 pt captain is what I plan on dropping into my German CVs when I start to grind them.  They will do just fine.

Same... running some Captain XP flags to build them up quicker, although that won't help the OP if he's using captain XP to build up another spec'd captain.   

Maybe run some of your 19 point captains in your premiums to build up free extra free captain XP?  I've done that a lot lately, moving captains that may not be the perfect spec but something pretty close that are 19 points so I get the xtra captain XP.  I've been building up my Halsey to 19 but will run my original 19 point captain in my American premiums for the extra captain XP that I'm using to spec out a second Russian cruiser captain and save up for when I grab Lutzens.  

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

Maybe they felt bad about deleting your thread before they even had a chance to watch the video, so they spiked your container with a free ship.

I always go for the conspiracy angle first. It's more fun.

• Funny 1

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,423 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Just spend the Doubloons & make that Cpt a proper CV commander (tho, man, that Cpt might sulk getting 'demoted') :cap_fainting:

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,423 battles
2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

If you can't figure out why a 10 pt cpt might not be enough for a CV then, pls, do not play CVs.

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,423 battles
1 hour ago, lordholland4293 said:

I opened five premium got nothing, bought 10 and the T6 the one I wanted comes out first, faceplam. I was like come on

Sucker :cap_haloween:.

• Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,499 posts
10,525 battles
50 minutes ago, Antean said:

If you can't figure out why a 10 pt cpt might not be enough for a CV then, pls, do not play CVs.

Perhaps you have pearls of wisdom you would be kind enough to display for everyone's enlightenment?

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
52 minutes ago, Antean said:

Already way ahead of you, I prefer not using CVs.

• Thanks 1

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,423 battles
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

pearls of wisdom

It's called the Cpt skills table - there's more than just 10 pts of skills specific to a CV Cpt build & even if you don't think they are all necessary there's plenty of other Cpt skills that a CV might use. Enough 'wisdom' for you now?

[WPORT]
Members
5,499 posts
10,525 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Already way ahead of you, I prefer not using CVs.

Too different from your usual Imperial Star Destroyer?  :-)

[WPORT]
Members
5,499 posts
10,525 battles
3 minutes ago, Antean said:

It's called the Cpt skills table - there's more than just 10 pts of skills specific to a CV Cpt build & even if you don't think they are all necessary there's plenty of other Cpt skills that a CV might use. Enough 'wisdom' for you now?

Nope.  Not enough.  Please continue.  :-)

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
11 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Too different from your usual Imperial Star Destroyer?  :-)

Exactly! Lol I like sitting on my Star Destroyer while issuing commands to my fleet watching the TIE Fighters and bombers chase after enemy targets... 

[WPORT]
Members
5,499 posts
10,525 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Exactly! Lol I like sitting on my Star Destroyer while issuing commands to my fleet watching the TIE Fighters and bombers chase after enemy targets... 

Those were the RTS days... before the rework times....  ;-)

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,788 posts
4,631 battles
5 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

So now I have a German tier 8 CV that will require at minimum 15 point captain at a time when I am a little tight on the captain XP.

Remember, early access ships are "premiums" for the purpose of captaincy.  Choose the likeliest German commander *cough*secondaries:cap_rambo:*cough* and give him a temporary assignment.

Edited by iDuckman

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
5 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

So your itching about getting a T8 all upgrades for free.  And your itching because you did not get more free stuff.

Wow, just wow.

You don't want it I will take it.

And for crying out loud this is what's wrong with the world.

Your given FREE stuff and your complaining that you did not enough free stuff.

Wow

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Remember, early access ships are "premiums" for the purpose of captaincy.  Choose the likeliest German commander *cough*secondaries:cap_rambo:*cough* and give him a temporary assignment.

Lol yeah I am eying the base secondary range on the CV thinking oh do I dare go for it. I suppose as long as I do not say a word in chat they can’t chat ban me. And so long as I am using full secondary build that has manual secondaries they can’t claim I was a bot or throwing a match as I know I would likely sink something if I hide behind islands then pounce on some unsuspecting ships lol. And I will have eyes in the sky to ensure my secondary brawls are in my favor before engaging. Also noticed the armor is a bit thin, and the citadel looks submerged. I really wonder if I could out brawl a BB, oh boy would that be priceless.

I can just see the WG moderation staff Message now:” Several of your teams claimed you were attempting to throw matches in your German CV, however upon investigation we have found you kept scoring Krakens and we would love to know how you managed that!? Well no matter at least we know thanks to you that the German CVs require major nerfs. Thank you, good luck and fair seas!”

Can WG really say I was not doing what I am supposed to do when you hide in the corner every battle in most ships you get in trouble, you charge in a CV you get in trouble, I mean really where do you draw the line? I suppose if incidents involving charging CVs keeps happening they may just have to remove the CVs... :Smile_trollface: