Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lethal_Weapon_X

I REALLY love the Damage Challenge when doing Naval Battles

Naval Battles  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred kind of Naval Battle Challenge?

• Signals
    • Base Experience
    • Damage

8 comments in this topic

[RAGE]
Members
294 posts
17,152 battles

Hey Captains, just curious if I am the only one who really enjoys the damage version of Naval Battles.

In my opinion it is the best way to do Naval Battles and the least used.  So I'm putting this poll out there.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,351 posts
28,812 battles

BXP is a PITA. Damage and Ribbons are much preferred.

[-VT-]
Members
1,262 posts
30,034 battles

Well if you play cruiser and BBs then you probably like damage if you play a DD then ribbon or exp would be better.

I wish they would line up the condition with the class of ship, damage for BB, ribbons for cruisers and Exp for DDs

[COB]
[COB]
Beta Testers
880 posts
6,505 battles

The one I hate most is ribbons. Ribbons favor dakka boats and secondaries IMO. Damage is my favorite but xp is ok. I think they also reflect battle influence well too. 

[SALVO]
Members
8,302 posts
6,174 battles

Damage is easier. Base XP is boring and just auto-fill. As challenges goes ribbons is the only one worth of the name.

[NFJF]
Members
707 posts
11,017 battles

I prefer damage because I play a lot more BBs than anything else. Our clan has a system of who does which category. I usually always do the BBs, and then our best CA and DD players do those. Luckily, we recently recruited a really good CV player so now he has those locked down for us too.

Edited by admiralsexybeast

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
827 posts
7,444 battles

I enjoy both Ribbons and Damage. I can contribute effectively to my clan with these modes.

BXP is my least favorite since I only play PvE. 300 BXP is readily achievable, 900 is not.

[TORCH]
Members
716 posts
19,112 battles

I dislike XP, because your results depend SO heavily on whether you win or lose.  Basically, if you aren't on the winning side, you're VERY unlikely to make any of the higher bars.  You can do a lot of damage in any game, win or lose.

As for ribbons...I like that mode, personally, but as an overall concept, I'm unenthusiastic.  IF you have the right ships, It's pretty easy, and if you don't, you are really limited.  To get lots of ribbons, all you need is a fast-firing cruiser, or a BB with super secondaries, and you can rack up huge numbers of ribbons even in a short co-op game.  But if you don't have those ships, it's not NEARLY so easy.

Sign in to follow this