Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

German CV's - My take

26 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,352 posts
6,944 battles

I did a few videos tonight regarding the new German CV's. 40 crates and only got the 4 and 6. HOWEVER I have enough flags so I can grind that 8 and that 10 pretty quick. Those dive bombers are a trip man.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE PREM TIER 6 FOR ONE REASON:

37 Best Naval stuka images in 2020 | Naval, Luftwaffe, Junker

Pros:

1. AP ROCKETS ARE GOD - I love punishing cruisers.
  2. FAAAAAAST Torps - Good god I punish DD's with these puppies.
  3. Fast Planes - Gotta go faaaaaast!

Cons:

1. Low damage - its hard to stack damage.
  2. The Planes - Biplanes have no pilots.
  3. VERY RNG dependent. 
  4. AP Rockets - Tricky to learn, you gotta lead em.

Anyway here's a video or two. I really wish I had gotten a video of my last Rhein game. JFC I crushed those reds like Germany crushed Poland in 39. It really makes me think the German CV's are godlike. 

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

Man, the more I see AP rockets the less and less I am impressed. 5 penetrations, 2 over pens, and a cit for 4k damage? That's absolutely awful.

• Cool 2

[5D]
Members
1,163 posts
15,478 battles
12 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

Man, the more I see AP rockets the less and less I am impressed. 5 penetrations, 2 over pens, and a cit for 4k damage? That's absolutely awful.

with the t8 i got a broadside brindisi for a whopping 18k for 10 pen and 6 citadel in one pass

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,944 battles
8 minutes ago, dad003 said:

with the t8 i got a broadside brindisi for a whopping 18k for 10 pen and 6 citadel in one pass

Yeah I'm seeing the high DMG with the tier 8. 

You stack dmg in the Zep with torpedoes oddly enough

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,944 battles
17 minutes ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

Yeah you can land big hits with the rockets but they’re not consistent threats and targets either have to be sleeping or occupied.

I dunno man, I've been having ALOT of luck lately with this. 

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,995 battles
1 hour ago, dad003 said:

That's just wrong. 

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
1,163 posts
15,478 battles
13 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

That's just wrong. 

Getting citadel working as intended

shot-20_07.11_00_29.17-0578.thumb.jpg.6569e01642c13803cfdb32ad2f51dd65.jpg

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,944 battles

It's glorious :D

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles

compliments to wargaming for historical accuracy.

cv making every surface ship irrelevant now ap rockets can nuke cruisers too!

• Boring 2

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I did a few videos tonight regarding the new German CV's. 40 crates and only got the 4 and 6. HOWEVER I have enough flags so I can grind that 8 and that 10 pretty quick. Those dive bombers are a trip man.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE PREM TIER 6 FOR ONE REASON:

37 Best Naval stuka images in 2020 | Naval, Luftwaffe, Junker

Pros:

1. AP ROCKETS ARE GOD - I love punishing cruisers.
  2. FAAAAAAST Torps - Good god I punish DD's with these puppies.
  3. Fast Planes - Gotta go faaaaaast!

Cons:

1. Low damage - its hard to stack damage.
  2. The Planes - Biplanes have no pilots.
  3. VERY RNG dependent. 
  4. AP Rockets - Tricky to learn, you gotta lead em.

Anyway here's a video or two. I really wish I had gotten a video of my last Rhein game. JFC I crushed those reds like Germany crushed Poland in 39. It really makes me think the German CV's are godlike. 

i saw Mr G and NoZoup opening up supercrates. Both got at least 2 missions on 15 crates.

maybe they were luck?

You had to spend 40 fornthe same results...

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,944 battles
1 minute ago, Felipe_1982 said:

i saw Mr G and NoZoup opening up supercrates. Both got at least 2 missions on 15 crates.

maybe they were luck?

You had to spend 40 fornthe same results...

"CC Luck"

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
5 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

"CC Luck"

i had that feeling...

you just made it correct.

(and they always says it does not worth)

Alpha Tester
6,679 posts
3,338 battles

The worst thing about the German CVs, IMO, is the aiming reticle on the dive bombers and the rocket planes. It really takes time to adjust to them after what you're used to with the other CV lines.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

That's just wrong. 

It had to deserve it though, I had the T8 come at me while I was in a Shchors and with a very slight angle bounced ever single rocket a couple days ago. If it had been CA AP I would likely have been dev stuck.

[UN1]
Members
1,385 posts
4,471 battles

If the cruiser player is paying attention, they can really mitigate a lot of the AP rocket damage. That 18k damage is impressive, but definitely not the norm. 

• Thanks 1

[BONKS]
Banned
957 posts
5,361 battles

The T6 sucks. Truly. It's got GZ bomb issues, ie you only land 1 of the 2 for a cit even if your dead centre. The torps are most of the time TOO fast to catch DD's out (I mean, they are used to just dodging now) and the rockets are truly troll. Either lots of cits.... or 0. The torps on other classes???..... meh, you land loads, they hit for nothing.

Ark Royal is still the best CV at T6 then Ryujo followed by ranger. Weser and Furious? I'd probably chose furious.  

Edited by TorpedoBonk

[H2O]
Members
57 posts
11,778 battles

The CV will take care of the DDs and CAs and the subs will take care of the CV. Something to look forward to. It just gets more fun with each patch.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
1 hour ago, TorpedoBonk said:

The T6 sucks. Truly. It's got GZ bomb issues, ie you only land 1 of the 2 for a cit even if your dead centre. The torps are most of the time TOO fast to catch DD's out (I mean, they are used to just dodging now) and the rockets are truly troll. Either lots of cits.... or 0. The torps on other classes???..... meh, you land loads, they hit for nothing.

Ark Royal is still the best CV at T6 then Ryujo followed by ranger. Weser and Furious? I'd probably chose furious.  

Furious is better than Implacable.

[WPORT]
Members
9,779 posts
14,310 battles
57 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Furious is better than Implacable.

Implacable operates in a Tier-8 environment, which the matchmaker can arrange Tier-10 AA ships as opponents.

I like both the Furious and the Implacable, but the Furious isn't up against the same opponents.

And Furious can participate in Scenario Operations that Implacable can't enter.

[COB]
[COB]
Beta Testers
880 posts
6,477 battles
6 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

Yup. I had 21 cits in a game but overall damage was around 80 k. I feel like they need to make cits more difficult to get but have them do far more damage. Getting 20+ cits with low damage is sort of ironic.

[XXX]
Members
663 posts
1,653 battles

Basically the KM CVs aren't going to push the IJN CVs from their top spot of carriers nor are they simple enough for scrubby CV players like me that they'll oust the US CVs from their position of being the 'easiest to use' CV. The German CVs take quite a bit of skill and luck in order to get the most out of them but unlike the IJN CVs which also require some skill and luck, the payoffs aren't great if you happened to be good with them. The AP rockets are incredibly finicky and require both lead AND the ship to be slightly angled in. Not to mention there are some cruisers who are flat out immune/very hard to citadel strike because they either have turtleback armour (most high tier German cruisers) or a low slung citadel. The RN CLs take hard hits from Rocket planes due to their weak armour and high sitting citadel, the same with some of the IJN CAs (The furious Taco is surprisingly resistance to them thanks to its thick midship plating). 

This means the one thing they're good at, hitting cruisers, isn't always a reliable source of damage depending on the team comp.

The AP bombs suffer the same problem that IJN AP bombs have, the wonky dispersion where the bombs like to go to the very edges of the reticle rather than down the middle. This makes the tier 6 KM CV a bit of a lame duck. It doesn't have enough Rockets to really hit cruisers hard, it doesn't have enough AP bombs to hit BBs hard (since it's more than likely one out of the two will stray towards the outside of the circle) and its torpedoes, since there's only 2 AND they have a long arming distance due to their high speed, means dropping on even a semi-aware DD isn't going to get great results, plus they hit like wet noodles on anything else.

I'm sure the tier 8 fixes a lot of these problems but the tier 6 is basically in the same situation as all the other tier 6 CVs that aren't the Ryujo and the Ark Royal (Ranger and Furious suffer from problems of not having enough HE bombs to really make a huge dent), it doesn't have enough of what it needs to preform to the same degree as the IJN CV. 

That's just my take on it though.

• Thanks 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
59 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Implacable operates in a Tier-8 environment, which the matchmaker can arrange Tier-10 AA ships as opponents.

I like both the Furious and the Implacable, but the Furious isn't up against the same opponents.

And Furious can participate in Scenario Operations that Implacable can't enter.

I prefere Indomitable than Implacable.

[WPORT]
Members
9,779 posts
14,310 battles
4 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

I prefere Indomitable than Implacable.

Nothing wrong with that.

Sign in to follow this