Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

New module screeens are terrible

37 comments in this topic

[RAN]
Members
963 posts
11,329 battles

I find the new module screens terrible

Much to large, i feel like im 99 years old  with cataracts.   , its not a helpful change. I find myself working harder to find the things i need as they are  SO  BIG and spread out.

Before they were not to small not to big and concise and easy to manage and you could seen the ships prior to and after, was very well done and DIDNT NEED CHANGE.

PUT THEM BACK PLEASE WARGAMING.

Also some feedback your sounds,

1. shells hitting hull, very nice.

2. New plane sounds, terrible... planes in flight sound like that have just started and are taxiing and dont have the hum of high pitched engines in flight.  Have a listen yourselves.

3. twice in a week i had to change my port from dull depreessing hamburg back to my default... stop changing it.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 23
  • Meh 1

[5D2]
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
7,659 battles

At some point the game has to support some dude playing it on his phone on the subway.  Everything's got to be dumbed down to that.  Probably ought to get used to it.

[REKTD]
Members
1,163 posts
14,859 battles

Are your graphics any different?  Mine are, and always have been, set to maximum, yet all the ship textures are now terrible, like playing console WoWS Blitz after playing on PC: a big step backwards.

Flat and no depth to what used to be glossy and 3d looking. The New Years camo lights look like floating ice cubes instead of twinkling lights like they used to. 

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles

It gives so much less information than the previous tabs... Maybe I like to see the difference between hulls no? BUT I CANT WITH IT COVERING THE WHOLE SCREEN LITERALLY NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS CHANGE...

• Cool 3

[TNG]
Members
594 posts
15,449 battles

Yup, the UI "update" is a disaster.  This new module tab is just hideous.

Chinese Gacha games have slicker interfaces.

[UN1]
Members
1,497 posts
4,854 battles
10 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

Much to large, i feel like im 99 years old  with cataracts.   , its not a helpful change. I find myself working harder to find the things i need as they are  SO  BIG and spread out.

Before they were not to small not to big and concise and easy to manage and you could seen the ships prior to and after, was very well done and DIDNT NEED CHANGE.

PUT THEM BACK PLEASE WARGAMING.

Also some feedback your sounds,

1. shells hitting hull, very nice.

2. New plane sounds, terrible... planes in flight sound like that have just started and are taxiing and dont have the hum of high pitched engines in flight.  Have a listen yourselves.

3. twice in a week i had to change my port from dull depreessing hamburg back to my default... stop changing it.

They are pretty terrible.  They make sense from a console perspective, but they are visually confusing and require too much effort to find basic information.  It's like going to a movie and sitting in the very front; you have to turn your head constantly just to watch what's going on.

The mid-flight plane sounds, yes, I agree.  They sound like they're taxiing.  They sound great when they're flying above you, but mid-flight it's a lot less impressive. 

I agree with Hamburg.  It's lifeless.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,881 posts
21,610 battles

Brace yourself an update is coming - Brace Yourself - Game of ...

This is me prior to every update because they always seem to get worse with time. Especially the audio updates. They should just give us a choice whether to use the new sound or stay with old one. The damage sound effects are ridiculous and I immediately turned everything down after one battle. 

[KAPPA]
Members
3,340 posts
11,567 battles

I like not needing to switch back and forth between consumables and the slots.

That said, free premium consumables nullifies something like 90% of why I should like it. Not that I dislike free premium consumables, but I very rarely touch them other than to fiddle with premium and non-premium for co-op.

[WOLFH]
Members
1,445 posts
On 7/10/2020 at 8:18 PM, DevilD0g said:

Spreadsheet says you like, so be quiet about changes done for your enjoyment.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
45 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

It's very console-like, just like Legends.  Not good.

It's not even console like, it's clearly patterned of phone UIs for some reason.

Members
984 posts

Semantics I guess but the console version has a horribly clunky UI that looks a lot like the new equipment screen.  Icons are similar if not the same and the feel is very like.  Whether it is "console" or "mobile" is more or less irrelevant as both tend to look like rubbish in my opinion. The equipment screen still looks flat, minimal but busy and clunky at the same time.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
11 minutes ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

flat, minimal but busy and clunky at the same time.

(Post)modern UI design in a nutshell. It's terrible I agree and a problem across the entire industry.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,515 posts
29,715 battles

Actually I have pretty poor eyesight and I don't like the changes because I want WORDS not pictograms or hieroglyphics. 

I am with you on changing the ports every time they come up with a new one. What we need is the ability to lock our ports and that way those people who like looking at the new shiny port can, and those who could care less don't have to. Give players a choice and you get happier players. This consumer acumen has been known for ages. Seems the Russian/Cyprian/Belarusian designers of the game have yet to figure that out.......... 

• Cool 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,536 posts

I don't like the new combat mission UI, either. I can no longer see what I have left for dailies or other sequence missions to complete. It's all scrollon scrollin.. is that it... nope.. scrollin some more...

• Cool 1

Members
103 posts
254 battles

Yea I don't find it an improvement over the previous iteration. It might be a side-grade or even a downgrade for me.

I miss seeing the ship in the BG without the equipment UI plastered over the entire screen.

I also like how it was previously where I could click on to the next tier of an un-researched ship and I could see it straight away in port without having to click on an additional button.

Also, I can understand the style that they are going for with this new equipment page but it is not congruent with the rest of the menus in game. It's one thing if everything else was also in this style but right now it's just this one page and it looks tacked on, clashing with the overall theme of the UI in the rest of the game.

Edited by armakel

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
6 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

(Post)modern UI design in a nutshell. It's terrible I agree and a problem across the entire industry.

"But text labels waste space and are discriminatory, and straightforward symbols don't fit the brand-specific experience!"

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,515 posts
29,715 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Still say they ported this crap from the phone game, cheaper and simpler.

Possibly or more likely, they do it so they don't have to translate it into every language. Call it laziness or maybe it is just because they are planning on downsizing their operation and dump employees in the near future. Wargaming has had some fun "translations" over the years. My favorite one was the "Taint" Halloween event.... Still makes me laugh because only the native English speakers caught the joke. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Possibly or more likely, they do it so they don't have to translate it into every language. Call it laziness or maybe it is just because they are planning on downsizing their operation and dump employees in the near future. Wargaming has had some fun "translations" over the years. My favorite one was the "Taint" Halloween event.... Still makes me laugh because only the native English speakers caught the joke. 

Maybe, but they still have to translate all the mouseover popups.

[RAN]
Members
963 posts
11,329 battles
On 7/12/2020 at 5:00 PM, C14Alpha said:

Spreadsheet says you like, so be quiet about changes done for your enjoyment.

lies... all lies

I need to talk to this spreadsheet :)

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 1

[PSV]
Members
890 posts
7,321 battles

I like it, it makes fitting out a new ship very quick and easy. 

• Sad 1