You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Secondaries

So.......about the Graf Zeppelin in 9.6

53 comments in this topic

[WAKE]
[WAKE]
Members
335 posts
20,574 battles

Dear WG,

With the release of the new german CVs....its become VERY apparent that the Graf Zeppelin isn't as good as the normal tech tree. This is odd since the August Von Parseval is almost identical in design to the Graf Zeppelin, the differences are small but the stats are wildly different from ship to ship on a few things which is what doesn't make sense to me...

Examples

August Von Parseval                                                   Graf Zeppelin

FULL Concealment                           10.9km                                                                       14.1km

AFT+Secondary Range Mod           10.1km                                                                         9.4km

The biggest issue between them that I notice is these two stats. Why is it that the August Von Parseval gets a concealment of 10.9km....but GZ gets 14.1km?

This really effects GZ's ability to move around the map, but also its ability to engage enemy targets with its secondaries. This is because the Von Parseval gets to engage after traveling .8km, while the GZ has a whopping 4.7km before it can even engage its secondaries. 

Another thing that bothers me is the AP bombers. The AP bombers on Von Parseval are more fragile, but it is relatively easier to get 1-2x citadel hits with them, when properly aimed dealing 7800 per bomb. However the GZ, has a much wider and larger reticle, its bombs only do 5800 a piece, but unless you take sight stabilization skill, its still very difficult to land even 1x cit per attack run. In my experience controlling both carriers, the Von Parseval  AP bombers are much easier to use and perform better on average, than  harder to use, and less damaging GZ AP bombers, which ,as premium carrier,  I would expect it to at least be on par with the tech tree in both ease of use and performance. 

Can WG please take a look and at a minimum change the Graf Zeppelin to perform on par with its tech tree counterpart? At this point, if the GZ was announce today, with its current stats, I wouldn't see a reason to purchase it, over spending time grinding out the Von Parseval. 

Thank you,

A concerned player. 

Edited by Mr_Secondaries
  • Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SYN]
Members
15,971 posts
12,803 battles

Yeah, they should nerf Percival to what GZ has, that concealment is stupidly good for what it's secondaries can do.

• Cool 3

[RLGN]
Members
16,225 posts
28,105 battles

Guess you drew well.

Just the D1s so far, no ships.

Been using Graf in Co-op on doing fine as far as that goes.

As usual, all my armor is on the torpedo bombers. Bomb bombers of any stripe are not something I rely on for consistent damage, (pretty much because the UI is garbage, as far as I’m concerned.)

[KWF]
Members
6,397 posts
7,154 battles

If we are talking secondaries August carries 6x2 105mm guns with  Mass dispersion, whereas Graf has 8x2 150mm's and 6x2 105mm and the best secondary accuracy formula in the game.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 5

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,455 posts
10,726 battles
16 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If we are talking secondaries August carries 6x2 105mm guns with normal dispersion, whereas Graf has 8x2 150mm's and 6x2 105mm and the best secondary accuracy formula in the game.

All the new German CVs gets Massachusetts improved secondary dispersion, but still not as good to what Graf Zeppelin has.

[KWF]
Members
6,397 posts
7,154 battles
1 minute ago, Vader_Sama said:

All the new German CVs gets Massachusetts improved secondary dispersion, but still not as good to what Graf Zeppelin has.

I can attest as someone who has been on the receiving end of GZ's secondaries as a DD that they are pretty terrifying to face. 

Still, thanks for pointing it out, will amend my post. 

[WAKE]
[WAKE]
Members
335 posts
20,574 battles
3 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

I can attest as someone who has been on the receiving end of GZ's secondaries as a DD that they are pretty terrifying to face. 

Still, thanks for pointing it out, will amend my post. 

While true, I still think its bizarre that the concealment range for GZ is so large compared to August. 

I could see that the GZ could be 1km larger or something just cause of its better secondaries for balance purposes, but to have it be as detectable as it is compared to the stealthy August.....its weird. 

Bottom line, the GZ still needs to be looked at..

Edited by Mr_Secondaries
  • Cool 2

[WAKE]
[WAKE]
Members
335 posts
20,574 battles
13 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The graf is only bad because Enterprise needed a nerf and whales here refuse to countenance balancing of premiums...

Truth.

[SRM]
Members
24 posts
2,866 battles

Even tier 6 German CV is way better than GZ in terms of her AP bombs and faster rocket planes 

Like for real WG ??? So it is ok for this tier 6 CV to drop 2 bombs for 7k each but it is too much for Graf Zeppelin? Great logic WG

The fact that the tech tree German CVs outperforms Grafzeppelin tier for tier is stupid and insane,, yet Wargamming complains no one buys graf zeppelin or even plays her

Thanks wargamming bunch of [edited]

[WOLF3]
Members
30,966 posts
26,039 battles
5 hours ago, Mr_Secondaries said:

Dear WG,

With the release of the new german CVs....its become VERY apparent that the Graf Zeppelin isn't as good as the normal tech tree. This is odd since the August Von Parseval is almost identical in design to the Graf Zeppelin, the differences are small but the stats are wildly different from ship to ship on a few things which is what doesn't make sense to me...

Examples

August Von Parseval                                                   Graf Zeppelin

FULL Concealment                           10.9km                                                                       14.1km

AFT+Secondary Range Mod           10.1km                                                                         9.4km

The biggest issue between them that I notice is these two stats. Why is it that the August Von Parseval gets a concealment of 10.9km....but GZ gets 14.1km?

This really effects GZ's ability to move around the map, but also its ability to engage enemy targets with its secondaries. This is because the Von Parseval gets to engage after traveling .8km, while the GZ has a whopping 4.7km before it can even engage its secondaries. 

Another thing that bothers me is the AP bombers. The AP bombers on Von Parseval are more fragile, but it is relatively easier to get 1-2x citadel hits with them, when properly aimed dealing 7800 per bomb. However the GZ, has a much wider and larger reticle, its bombs only do 5800 a piece, but unless you take sight stabilization skill, its still very difficult to land even 1x cit per attack run. In my experience controlling both carriers, the Von Parseval  AP bombers are much easier to use and perform better on average, than  harder to use, and less damaging GZ AP bombers, which ,as premium carrier,  I would expect it to at least be on par with the tech tree in both ease of use and performance. 

Can WG please take a look and at a minimum change the Graf Zeppelin to perform on par with its tech tree counterpart? At this point, if the GZ was announce today, with its current stats, I wouldn't see a reason to purchase it, over spending time grinding out the Von Parseval. 

Thank you,

A concerned player. 

5 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

Yeah, they should nerf Percival to what GZ has, that concealment is stupidly good for what it's secondaries can do.

Von Parseval has long range secondaries, but have you guys taken note how many she has compared to Graf Zeppelin?

VP has 6x2 105mm secondaries that are the same as Graf Zeppelin's.

GZ & VP share those same 105s but GZ also has an 150mm 8x2 secondary battery to compliment the 105s.

Graf Zeppelin more than doubles up on the secondary power of VP.

[NVRDY]
Beta Testers
1,676 posts
9,117 battles
5 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

The Pers has crap secondaries.

It may look like the GZ but is nowhere near the same secondary wise.

[SIM]
Members
5,849 posts
9,315 battles
49 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The graf is only bad because Enterprise needed a nerf and whales here refuse to countenance balancing of premiums...

Yep, paying customers aren’t willing to accept the normalization of bait and switch tactics by a company selling virtual goods.

What you should say is “Because Wargaming fails to properly test some ships before charging money for them, we’re stuck with a couple of unbalanced premiums.”

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
49 minutes ago, vestroia said:

Even tier 6 German CV is way better than GZ in terms of her AP bombs and faster rocket planes 

Like for real WG ??? So it is ok for this tier 6 CV to drop 2 bombs for 7k each but it is too much for Graf Zeppelin? Great logic WG

The fact that the tech tree German CVs outperforms Grafzeppelin tier for tier is stupid and insane,, yet Wargamming complains no one buys graf zeppelin or even plays her

Thanks wargamming bunch of [edited]

Gonna be real with you, the slowness of the rockets on GZ are a good thing. It lets you wheel around and strike DDs with very little issue. Also don't use white text.

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,967 battles

For those that dont run IFHE on their GZ, do note that the 105s cant pen 32mm armor but the 150s can.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,172 battles
43 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Yep, paying customers aren’t willing to accept the normalization of bait and switch tactics by a company selling virtual goods.

What you should say is “Because Wargaming fails to properly test some ships before charging money for them, we’re stuck with a couple of unbalanced premiums.”

Meh. Having been insulted by whales during the GC debacle...

...I dont have a lot of sympathy. WG is a known entity. You deal with them, dont get angry when they behave like a free2play publisher.

[LWA]
Members
1,352 posts
15,592 battles

I will take the GZ's secondary guns as they will shred anything that gets into range.  The 1 vs 1 sprint ranked battles was a breeze with the GZ.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,455 posts
10,726 battles

Honestly Graf Zeppelin in its current form is the best/most fun CV to use in co op as you just sail straight into the enemy with secondaries blazing while having a full secondary build Gunther at the helm.

The 71k damage done to the Yamato? Only 6k of it was from planes :Smile_trollface:

shot-20_07.10_20_57.33-0191.thumb.jpg.c4ba46d82dfcbff53ce2984b5408f781.jpg

shot-20_07.10_20_57.38-0870.thumb.jpg.e5ab4abd0db902c685a267fc97d59baf.jpg

shot-20_07.10_20_57.46-0164.thumb.jpg.0db47ebade07baa2606c5d1c7ac267f9.jpg

I also managed to take 3 caps in this epicenter game mode thus finishing up the capture mission in the German mission chain.

• Cool 1

[VAST_]
Members
229 posts

See edit

Edited by sirwill1972
failed to properly respond

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
11 hours ago, Mr_Secondaries said:

Dear WG,

Examples

Thank you,

A concerned player. 

GZ secondaries are on at 10km with upgrades... maybe concealment is on 14km cause of that...

yesterday i saw in 3 matchs GZ killing 2 shipsnwith secondaries.

Bombing numvers for GZ are correct, regsrding citadels, you must throw a little before the center of reticle reach the ship if you are coming broadside.

i would like to have a little better plane regen on GZ.

• Meh 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,455 posts
10,726 battles
1 hour ago, Felipe_1982 said:

GZ secondaries are on at 10km with upgrades... maybe concealment is on 14km cause of that...

yesterday i saw in 3 matchs GZ killing 2 shipsnwith secondaries.

Bombing numvers for GZ are correct, regsrding citadels, you must throw a little before the center of reticle reach the ship if you are coming broadside.

i would like to have a little better plane regen on GZ.

Graf Zeppelin can only reach out to 9.6km max with all possible modifiers

• Cool 4