Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Thanos_Snap_

Have Secondary Guns Been Globally Nerfed or Bug?

6 comments in this topic

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,109 battles

A fellow clanmate has pointed out to me the dispersion values for secondary guns are displaying differently than they used to. The WoWs fitting tool website is reporting practically insane dispersion numbers. A GK base secondary dispersion is showing 467m at 8km. A full manual secondary build goes to 211m at 11.6km. The latter is still usable, but if this is true, then now all secondary builds have been nerfed hard, and now everyone wanting usable secondaries would be forced to have a full manual build.

I realize that the WoWs fitting tool is a 3rd party website, but they use the game's API and have been quite reliable so far.

Here is a screenshot of training room in which I would venture a guess that the width of the two furthest apart shells in the air is about 211m. Give or take depending on the game's scaling. I don't recall full manual Kurfurst having this bad of a secondary spread. Can anyone confirm this?

shot-20_07.10_15_02.28-0256.thumb.jpg.7d754a82bcd2ee8934095bb737635c84.jpg

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

Difficult to say as while some games I wonder about it. Then other games I rack I rack up a ton of secondary gun hits, sometimes more than expected. So would say maybe WG has made the RNG variables more wildly changing from battle to battle?

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,109 battles
11 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Difficult to say as while some games I wonder about it. Then other games I rack I rack up a ton of secondary gun hits, sometimes more than expected. So would say maybe WG has made the RNG variables more wildly changing from battle to battle?

I personally haven't noticed it either, but I don't play secondary focused ships that often. And while my fully specced GK seemed fine in that training room. I have yet to test a ship without it. 
Still doesn't explain the WoWs fitting tool numbers suggesting that a base GK secondary spread at 8km is significantly larger than a main battery spread from Conqueror at 24km (303m). like it just doesn't compute for me

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles
43 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I might have to agree with this seems like it changes battle to battle .

Been noticing it in my Massachusetts one game really nothing next killer secondaries . I thought maybe it had something with changes in IFHE but I feel like something is different .

Cant really pin point it though .

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
37 minutes ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

I personally haven't noticed it either, but I don't play secondary focused ships that often. And while my fully specced GK seemed fine in that training room. I have yet to test a ship without it. 
Still doesn't explain the WoWs fitting tool numbers suggesting that a base GK secondary spread at 8km is significantly larger than a main battery spread from Conqueror at 24km (303m). like it just doesn't compute for me

I play secondary brawling a lot, even on ships that are not secondary build I will still engage at close range if I deem it necessary or perhaps as last ditch effort and can pull off surprising results over the years as far too many players have no clue how to brawl close range or even point blank range.

Now if your comparing main battery dispersion to secondary guns that will naturally be different since you are a human manually aiming the main guns, while Ai gunners under Fire at Will orders work the secondary guns. So they will spray secondary gun fire 360° assuming enough secondary guns are intact. Now the Manual Secondary Guns skill will focus this secondary gun spread down rather nicely into more narrowed and focused stream, but it’s still not going to be like your main guns.

[KOBK]
Members
221 posts
4,013 battles

I just played two games with Bismarck secondaries and it looks like the dispersion is higher than before (visual talking). In terms of damage, i cannot tell since the first one was againt normal cruisers and some bb but in the second in was against 2 kurfurts and most of them didnt do damage 

image.png.47babcbc1f5f0b036e39db542df8ec23.pngimage.png.779f1df3db745f70acb5c969fea23b95.png

By number only, it looks pretty bad but i have to tell in the left one i set sometimes to dds which explain the miss

Ratio is:

33% hit on the left vs 21% on the right

Sign in to follow this