You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lady_Athena

So kinda afraid to ask but.. whats up with the CC?

247 comments in this topic

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles

Last month or so I've stopped paying attention to WoWs after the sub drama which I honestly can't handle, much like I stopped paying attention when carriers were released, and just focused on enjoying the game.

Now just like then.. it seems there's more hub bub over something but I can't seem to find anything about it... Flamu black listed? Ashley leaving the CC, etc. Not sure what its all about. Did WarGaming do something again I'm not aware of?

Edit: I found my information via Mighty Jingles latest video. Googling it only comes up with Ashley's twitter post about leaving. Seems odd Ashely, one other CC and flamu being black listed on warships reddit all happens at the same time.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[DOG]
Members
651 posts
17,106 battles

Where are you hearing such things? Twitch drama is a sign of their culture and has nothing to do with the game.

Whiners gonna whine. They just need to go away.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 11

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,117 posts
18,957 battles

It's up to them themselves to comment on these matters if they are so inclined to.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
7 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Last month or so I've stopped paying attention to WoWs after the sub drama which I honestly can't handle, much like I stopped paying attention when carriers were released, and just focused on enjoying the game.

Now just like then.. it seems there's more hub bub over something but I can't seem to find anything about it... Flamu black listed? Ashley leaving the CC, etc. Not sure what its all about. Did WarGaming do something again I'm not aware of?

You are correct on both accounts. I don't know the reasons why (well, they have both discussed why on their streams - but you never know the full story I guess)!

I didn't think there was a drama being made about it though; your post is the first on the Forum I've seen discussing it (apart from the individual's own stream). I wait for someone to point out the 50+ threads already made on the subject lol.

Nothing that you have said in your post, but I'm gonna guess this thread could go south quick! :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Members
1,595 posts
25,085 battles
2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

... but I'm gonna guess this thread could go south quick! :Smile_hiding:

I'll provide buoyancy before that happens...

pancakes-047.thumb.jpg.7b80d0a967979f38c3763779e584aaf4.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles
16 minutes ago, MackDye said:

Where are you hearing such things? Twitch drama is a sign of their culture and has nothing to do with the game.

Whiners gonna whine. They just need to go away.

Sorry I edited the main post. Mighty Jingles mentioned it on a video of his.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

The big news you missed was, Dr. Disrespect was banned from Twitch.

khcaPF7K67FmxKtUDkaoqb-1200-80.thumb.jpg.40bdab05b6061c44b56615f0743855db.jpg

• Funny 1

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles
6 minutes ago, z9_ said:

The big news you missed was, Dr. Disrespect was banned from Twitch.

khcaPF7K67FmxKtUDkaoqb-1200-80.thumb.jpg.40bdab05b6061c44b56615f0743855db.jpg

No I heard that one lol.

[SALVO]
Members
1,989 posts
6,183 battles
42 minutes ago, Lady_Athena said:

Edit: I found my information via Mighty Jingles latest video. Googling it only comes up with Ashley's twitter post about leaving. Seems odd Ashely, one other CC and flamu being black listed on warships reddit all happens at the same time.

As far as the subreddit goes the mods there are supposedly their own entities.  Flamu must have broken some kind of the new rules. Though  "blacklisted" is an odd term to use , but then its from Jingles, as there is no "blacklist" or associated consequences.  There is either banned or shadow banned.  Maybe just his videos aren't allowed anymore. 

edit: Took a look at his account and he had posted as of 9 hours ago https://www.reddit.com/user/flamuchz  . So it must be his content being blocked?  no idea.

Edited by eviltane

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,056 posts
2,901 battles
16 minutes ago, eviltane said:

As far as the subreddit goes the mods there are supposedly their own entities.  Flamu must have broken some kind of the new rules. Though  "blacklisted" is an odd term to use , but then its from Jingles, as there is no "blacklist" or associated consequences.  There is either banned or shadow banned.  Maybe just his videos aren't allowed anymore. 

edit: Took a look at his account and he had posted as of 9 hours ago https://www.reddit.com/user/flamuchz  . So it must be his content being blocked?  no idea.

So pretty much this is just an odd series of events and really has nothing to do with anything.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,799 battles

Hmm Ashley streamed WOWS yesterday so....she did just graduate college so, maybe just time to move on?

Slowly making my way thru her stream now.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,398 posts
15,799 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

So how this affect gameplay? :cap_yes:

In no way lol... just an interesting community thing not a game thing.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,476 battles
7 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Occasionally you can just mention a video or stream of a CC and trigger in-game chat to apoplexy while you ignore the firestorm you created and set about sinking ships. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,009 posts
22,027 battles
16 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Other than that contributors like Flamu and Little White Mouse hold WG's feet to the fire about stuff like mechanics, balance, and in-game data not being accurate, nothing at all. 

• Cool 6

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,103 posts
4,084 battles

Flamu’s Reddit ban had nothing to do with WG, apparently the mods there just went on a power trip. He has his own subreddit now. However it was blown up by the hardcore WG haters claiming WG leaned on the mods, and iEarlGrey tweeting his own ideas to stoke the fire. Fun times.

No idea why Ashley left. She’s still playing WOW, but I think like Jingles wants the independence to do what she wants. 

Add this to the controversy around CVs, subs, RU cruisers, and the new USN BBs and you get all kinds of fun. Most of it not WG related.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Banned
715 posts
990 battles
1 hour ago, Lady_Athena said:

because REASONS

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Members
6,858 posts
15,321 battles

So whether connected or not there is a bunch of upheaval in the CC community. As most of it is happening in the CC discord which is NDA, all we in the community can do is speculate. 

However, here are the facts I know. Flamu was shadow banned on reddit. Reddit mods say it was an auto mod mistake. However I think he had to get WG to help get the reddit mods to investigate it and correct it. WG however, sanctioned flamu for his vehemence to the reddit mods. That's all I know about that incident. 

Also going on, we have unrelated incidents involving khreegor that he left The program for and people commented on on twitter

And now yesterday Ashley has left and I have also heard that vulgarr left too??

But there is an undertone of dissent amongst many CCs at this time. Some of them are unhappy about wip going back under NDA wraps and no content to be released on it until release date. All testing is now kept under wraps. For CCs that primarily stream, this means that having access to those ships is useless compared to someone that makes content for YouTube. 

Screenshot_20200703-124917.png

Screenshot_20200703-124836.png

Screenshot_20200703-133341.png

• Cool 2

Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles

Not sure what going on here but I always felt is was a bad move on WG's part to let people stream and comment on soon to be released ships. I can't tell you how many ships I never looked at twice due to bad pre release  reviews.... But I still got a Poltava in a super container anyway...  It sounds good rolling off the lips.... Pol,,,,tava...

Anyway. I also see an issue from Streaming CC's trying to make a buck by providing content others don't have access to yet.

I am sure the root of the issue is lost revenue for both parties.

Edited by Joyous_Vibes
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 2

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,033 posts
10,089 battles

Flamu:  Reddit mods throwing their weight around.  This is nothing new.  There's a reason I don't hang out there much.
ASHLEY:  She didn't go into details -- you'd have to hear it directly from her.  I'm sad to see her go.  There aren't many of us in the CC program as you can imagine.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,157 battles
48 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Flamu:  Reddit mods throwing their weight around.  This is nothing new.  There's a reason I don't hang out there much.
ASHLEY:  She didn't go into details -- you'd have to hear it directly from her.  I'm sad to see her go.  There aren't many of us in the CC program as you can imagine.

There's no one in the CC program like you mouse your the best . 

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 2