You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ReleaseTheKaren

Get Rid of Map "Epicenter"

15 comments in this topic

[HAIL-]
[HAIL-]
Members
7 posts
1,236 battles

This is the worst map in the game. It is IMPOSSIBLE to coordinate efforts with a Random Battle team roster.

Instead of wasting 20 minutes that could be enjoyed on another map, why don't you have us roll virtual dice to see which side wins? It's actually more relevant than the ridiculous battles that take place on this JUNK map.

DELETE IT

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[DOG]
Members
812 posts
14,321 battles

And you think you CAN successfully co-ordinate efforts in a Random battle on any other map?

I don't think so.  Epicenter, while not my favorite, is still a very effective battle map (lots of islands and typically you have a closer ranged engagement) and is a nice change from the other maps.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
13,308 posts
20,163 battles

Odd, I never seen this map called Epicenter that you speak of OP... I even checked the Maps site...

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Maps

No epicenter map...

Are you sure you're playing the same game we are ??? Others will tell you the same theng, Epicenter map  ??? What map is that?

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,225 posts
28,105 battles
11 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

How about no Karen.

Pretty much.

If a potato like me isn’t bothered by it, why is it a problem for so many others?

To paraphrase an old movie line;

”Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.”

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,332 posts
14,924 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Pretty much.

If a potato like me isn’t bothered by it, why is it a problem for so many others?

To paraphrase an old movie line;

”Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.”

People get frustrated when they have to think differently than they usually do.

• Boring 1

Members
1,433 posts
1,852 battles
2 hours ago, ReleaseTheKaren said:

Instead of wasting 20 minutes that could be enjoyed on another map, why don't you have us roll virtual dice to see which side wins? It's actually more relevant than the ridiculous battles that take place on this JUNK map.

DELETE IT

epicenter.thumb.PNG.ebad07bea3de294d2f942d5d69d5c65c.PNGMaybe your prayers were answered because I don't see it in the map listing...?

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,138 posts
4,345 battles

There’s no map called epicenter, so little hard to delete it.

The game mode epicenter, yeah that one’s not great. But it’s not so bad it’s unplayble. The issue is it needs good DDs to win, which is hard.

[RLGN]
Members
16,225 posts
28,105 battles
23 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

People get frustrated when they have to think differently than they usually do.

Not exactly sure I think differently, but Epi doesn’t bother me any more.

Used to hate it; but one day (or two,) I had awesome single games in a Dunkerque and a Colorado on EpiTrident. Something I couldn’t even define clicked in my head, and Epi hasn’t bothered me since.

What bothers me is my inability to really think strategically.

To give an example; I’ve a friend I’ve known since 1985, that I’ve played hundreds of board games with over the years. When I moved to California, we even played Star Fleet Battles by mail. (Roughly one turn per week.)

In tactical games we’re roughly equal, with any advantage perhaps depending on the particular game, (SFB, Ogre, Bridge over Arnhem, Red Star Falling, (Patton versus the Russians, ‘45-‘46.))

However in strategic games, (East Wind Rain, Rise and Decline of the Third Reich, War and Peace, Civil War,) he absolutely hammers me.

I’m tactically astute, for the most part; but except for occasional flashes of insight, strategically inept.

Them frustration feels are real, Wolfy... :Smile-angry:

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,332 posts
14,924 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not exactly sure I think differently, but Epi doesn’t bother me any more.

Used to hate it; but one day (or two,) I had awesome single games in a Dunkerque and a Colorado on EpiTrident. Something I couldn’t even define clicked in my head, and Epi hasn’t bothered me since.

What bothers me is my inability to really think strategically.

To give an example; I’ve a friend I’ve known since 1985, that I’ve played hundreds of board games with over the years. When I moved to California, we even played Star Fleet Battles by mail. (Roughly one turn per week.)

In tactical games we’re roughly equal, with and advantage perhaps depending on the particular game, (SFB, Ogre, Bridge over Arnhem, Red Star Falling, (Patton versus the Russians, ‘45-‘46.))

However in strategic games, (East Wind Rain, Rise and Decline of the Third Reich, War and Peace, Civil War,) he absolutely hammers me.

I’m tactically astute, for the most part; but except for occasional flashes of insight, strategically inept.

Them frustration feels are real, Wolfy... :Smile-angry:

I was referring to the epicenter haters on the thinking differently as it requires a more aggressive play style than domination or standard battles. 

Edited by BrushWolf

[RLGN]
Members
16,225 posts
28,105 battles
42 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I was referring to the epicenter haters on the thinking differently as it requires a more aggressive play style than domination or standard battles. 

Of course. Just venting.

Or maybe I’m just stupid?

There was a recent thread that basically said anyone who couldn’t see why carriers were bad for the game was too dumb to understand why. That they were incapable of understanding the subtleties of concealment game play?

Maybe I’m just too stupid to understand why Epicenter is a ‘terrible’ game mode. :fish_glass:

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,332 posts
14,924 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Of course. Just venting.

Or maybe I’m just stupid?

There was a recent thread that basically said anyone who couldn’t see why carriers were bad for the game was too dumb to understand why. That they were incapable of understanding the subtleties of concealment game play?

Maybe I’m just too stupid to understand why Epicenter is a ‘terrible’ game mode. :fish_glass:

I must be stupid too.

• Cool 1

[ACMPT]
Members
395 posts
On 7/10/2020 at 11:51 AM, ReleaseTheKaren said:

This is the worst map in the game. It is IMPOSSIBLE to coordinate efforts with a Random Battle team roster.

DELETE IT

Delete you...please stop playing is your only the way to go. Good luck