You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

PT 0.9.7, balance changes

68 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
4,377 posts
6,405 battles

Hoping to maybe see the change in  DFAA on the premium DD's as well, every little bit helps.

As for Venezia, I understand the nerf, but should a ship be adjusted because it's a part of a bigger problem that isn't addressed?

• Cool 6

[FAE]
Members
2,610 posts
3,593 battles

The premium USN DDs and Loyang should share this buff to DefAA. If WG is trying it first with the silver ships, and would add it to premiums later, it would be nice to see acknowledgement of that. 

--

How much is this elongation increased by? 

--

Is this going to be enough to help destroyers vs rockets? DDs should turn in after this change? 

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,249 battles

1. The def aa change isn't bad, but still isn't a substantial increase.

2. Venezia definitely isn't op, but it was a bit much. Fair enough change.

3. Nerfing the Jutland when the kitakaze is still a monster at t9? The friesland is also a thing and would wipe the floor with the original iteration of Jutland. Would hate to see them fight now. 

4. Not a bad change at all. Rockets are probably the most op aspect of carriers (not including spotting) and seeing them take a slight nerf is wonderful news. Before, no matter the angle, those rockets would cause consistent damage with no way to mitigate. Rockets still need something like a damage nerf and maybe decreased handling after an attack run has started, but this is welcome news with hopefully more to come about nerfing cv's. 

Edited by eagle_lance
  • Meh 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
1 hour ago, eagle_lance said:

more to come about nerfing cv's. 

I've often suspected that all this remove-CV stuff is coming from DD mains who want to be allowed to rampage unchecked. It would be worse than submarines currently are, and no, radar isn't enough.

What I do appreciate, as someone who plays both carriers AND destroyers, is the standardization of the rocket distribution pattern; it will help as a DD driver not to have to remember in the heat of the moment whose rocket spread is longitudinal and whose is transverse. As a CV driver, I look forward to trying the Tiny Tims with the transverse firing pattern.

Jutland, however... @Hapa_Fodder, is she REALLY that strong that she needs another hit?

1 hour ago, BlailBlerg said:

How much is this elongation increased by? 

Reading between the lines, by nothing. It's simply been rotated onto its side. As I said above, now the tactic will be to turn bow-in vs. all rocket fighters, as opposed to having to remember which ships that was inadvisable against (because a lengthwise profile actually matched the reticle pattern and gave them a more destructive shot).

The premium USN DDs and Loyang should share this buff to DefAA.

While I know the Lo Yang IS the Benson (rendered in Pan-Asian service as what used to be the C hull), she's differentiated by her nationality and her other tricks, and I don't think she should necessarily share every change that's made to the US destroyers. However, I agree with you on the US premiums.

• Cool 5
  • Confused 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,669 posts
9,497 battles

The premium USN DDs and Loyang should share this buff to DefAA. If WG is trying it first with the silver ships, and would add it to premiums later, it would be nice to see acknowledgement of that.

I agree that adding it to the premium USN DDs would be nice (IF it is balanced, of course). Not Loyang, though.

6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

While I know the Lo Yang IS the Benson (rendered in Pan-Asian service as what used to be the C hull), she's differentiated by her nationality and her other tricks, and I don't think she should necessarily share every change that's made to the US destroyers. However, I agree with you on the US premiums.

^This. Loyang already has standard (non-deep water) torpedoes and German super-hydro.

Members
1,624 posts

how much more the Venezia will be nerfed? So much for the SAP T10 ship...

• Haha 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
9 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

(IF it is balanced, of course)

That was my thought too, which I didn't state earlier, so thank you for expressing it explicitly. What if the change to the tech-tree ships is merely normalizing them against the premiums? @LittleWhiteMouse, do you have easy-to-hand stats on this?

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[TBB]
Members
616 posts
4,885 battles

I thought it was interesting to see which rockets a plane had and the team having to communicate what they saw to other DDs on their team. This would further highlight skilled players. That said, it's fine, no big deal. 

Edited by Merc_R_Us

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
2 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

I thought it was interesting to see which rockets a plane had and the team having to communicate what they saw to other DDs on their team. This would further highlight skilled players.

It should be noted that the German AP rocket planes have a different symbol from the others; the dot in the middle is missing, and all you get is the outer ring with the fins on it. This could imply that other CVs of other nations will be getting AP rockets at some stage, hence the need for differentiation on more than just national grounds. 

Unfortunately such communication is not always heeded - whether because of language barriers (the natural state of affairs in EU and SEA because of the regions they serve, but increasingly becoming the case even in NA) or people simply not watching the damn chat.

• Thanks 1

[TBB]
Members
616 posts
4,885 battles
29 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It should be noted that the German AP rocket planes have a different symbol from the others; the dot in the middle is missing, and all you get is the outer ring with the fins on it. This could imply that other CVs of other nations will be getting AP rockets at some stage, hence the need for differentiation on more than just national grounds. 

Unfortunately such communication is not always heeded - whether because of language barriers (the natural state of affairs in EU and SEA because of the regions they serve, but increasingly becoming the case even in NA) or people simply not watching the damn chat.

Good thoughts, I was not considering the other regions. I've been suspecting that rockets will be converted to AP or SAP, perhaps you're into something.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
2 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

perhaps you're into something.

I think you mean "on to something". 

No, I don't think any existing ships will be converted - but future non-German premiums might, as I said, be issued AP rockets; and the distinction will need to be made.

[TBB]
Members
616 posts
4,885 battles
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think you mean "on to something". 

No, I don't think any existing ships will be converted - but future non-German premiums might, as I said, be issued AP rockets; and the distinction will need to be made.

Auto correct kind of morning ;)

[Y0L0W]
Members
507 posts
16,731 battles

Feel like Jutland is getting more and more irrelevant when you have such low caliber guns. Not really sure it's able to trade with other DD's the way it used to.

[TARK]
Members
6,636 posts
2,525 battles

Pretty sure thats a buff to rocket planes...

...the circle elipse meant you could wiggle and make the whole strike miss.

The on its side elipse means the CV may not get as many on target...but he is more likely to hit with something.

Food for thought.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

[GRAVE]
Members
1,271 posts
18,799 battles

US DDs: DFAA needs back the 200% DPS bonus to be relevant 

Jutland: Keeps getting nerfed, while Kitakaze hasn’t been nerfed in the 2years it’s been in the game, interesting.

Venezia: I think last round of changes was good enough, we don’t need another ship to be Yueyanged

CVs: now all you have to do is get rid of rocket planes all together and we’re good

• Meh 1

[WOLFB]
Members
3,144 posts
7,191 battles

Venezia definitely needs the Nerf. Just look at what that ship is doing in competitive games. In Clan battles a Venezia's would just shred a team. 

[RM-I]
Members
445 posts
4,289 battles

More nerfs to the Venezia, it was fine for awhile but after 1 season where it was popular it’s getting slammed with the nerf bat

God forbid there be a viable ship in Clan Battles than the Stalingrad. Henri was nerfed because what happened in Comp, now the Venezia. 

Prime example of Russian bias

Meanwhile the reasons Venezia is popular in Clan Battles continues to elude WeeGee, it’s like they don’t even play their game. I’ll give them a hint. 2 words, starts with Aircraft and ends with Carriers. 

Edited by King_Zacarias
  • Boring 1

[FID0]
Members
2 posts
4,164 battles

Look at the people who are driving this change in the Venezia. It's top tier player in the top levels of Clan battles. It hasn't even had 400K battles in randoms. So because of that, everyone has to suffer with the nerf. The rudder shift was the main thing it had going for it. The armor is crap.

Members
1,624 posts
23 minutes ago, King_Zacarias said:

More nerfs to the Venezia, it was fine for awhile but after 1 season where it was popular it’s getting slammed with the nerf bat

God forbid there be a viable ship in Clan Battles than the Stalingrad. Henri was nerfed because what happened in Comp, now the Venezia. 

Prime example of Russian bias

Meanwhile the reasons Venezia is popular in Clan Battles continues to elude WeeGee, it’s like they don’t even play their game. I’ll give them a hint. 2 words, starts with Aircraft and ends with Carriers. 

thank you for giving them the tip to continue nerfing the Venezia. We should only grind for the VMF ships, the rest is a waste of time, with some exceptions as the IJN DD...

Edited by loco_max

[AOD_A]
Members
14 posts
2,624 battles

I love the AA improvement for the American DD line.

Although the Venezia keeps getting "nerfed" I don't think these changes will be enough to change the outcome of many matches.  It may take some time to get used to, but it isn't a reason to abandon the Italian line completely.

I love the Rocket aiming reticle adjustment.  It increases the difficulty of aiming rockets just enough to make hitting destroyers harder but not impossible.

Members
1,624 posts
19 minutes ago, jben330xi said:

Look at the people who are driving this change in the Venezia. It's top tier player in the top levels of Clan battles. It hasn't even had 400K battles in randoms. So because of that, everyone has to suffer with the nerf. The rudder shift was the main thing it had going for it. The armor is crap.

most WG decisions are just commercially driven... if one ship  is too popular in CB, would the players continue to invest in others?  This rarely apply to VMF ships and this is an example of the soviet bias discussed in the Forum. The Venezia was a proof of concept to show that SAP can be a good alternative to HE. This is not valid anymore...and the WG aggressive commercial culture keep antagonizing good Devs initiatives, sad...

[APES]
Members
67 posts
8,571 battles

I really hope you bring that defensive AA buff to the premium USN DDs because Kidd had that buff before the AA rework and now it doesn't. It's weird to have a ship that is literally a dedicated AA DD, a premise that it was sold on, have a worse AA consumable than it's tech tree counterparts. Maybe 150% is where you should aim because pre-rework the consumable was 3 times as powerful as a standard one but only testing will show the right amount

If these buffs to defensive AA do work, could we do something for Atlanta (another ship sold on good AA) because it personally feels like it struggles to shoot down aircraft (honestly a complaint that to a lesser extent applies to some of the USN heavy cruisers like Des Moines, she used to be a no-fly zone capable of protecting ships that had weak AA but now it's AA feels kinda weak and it can barely protect itself)

Edited by Dmal
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 1