Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shadow2k1

Experience from Premium Ships Question

8 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
873 battles

Is there an option, or is there a way, to use that Experience to unlock other ships in the tier

As of right now... i dunno how i would be able to do that... and if it's not a feature, would the developers consider letting us use it.

I mean you buy the premium ship, it's not in the tier list, but it has so much experience... there has to be a way you can give it to other ships, or even use it to unlock other tiers in the same nation... if that makes any sense?

I just thought i'd ask cuz i have like 100,000 exp on one of my premium ships, but i can't use it on anything... and i was just wondering.. if there was a way to use it on other ships, or what not...?

• Boring 1

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

You can convert that XP to free XP and the use it as you want, but you have to spend money (doubloons) to do so.

Every now and then there are discounts to do so, if you plan to do it you might as well wait for one such discount.

Edited by CO_Valle
Discount

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles

You can convert premium (and elited) ship XP to free XP, which can be used to unlock other ships, but it costs doubloons.

And ninja'd

Edited by DrHolmes52

Members
29 posts
873 battles

I kinda figured doublooms were needed.... welp... rip on my end cuz i don't have alot.

Appreciate the helpful info though...

Good luck gaming guys !!!!

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
19 minutes ago, Shadow2k1 said:

I kinda figured doublooms were needed.... welp... rip on my end cuz i don't have alot.

Also, please don't use doubloons to convert that xp.  It takes a ton of money to convert any meaningful amount into free xp.  Worst deal in the game.  :Smile_sad:

1 doubloon = 25 xp converted to free xp.

10,000 doubloon = 250,000 xp converted to free xp.

10,000 doubloons = $39.60.

Bad deal.  Bad like selling Manhattan Island for 60 Dutch guilders worth of jewelry and stuff kind of bad.  :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles
20 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Also, please don't use doubloons to convert that xp.  It takes a ton of money to convert any meaningful amount into free xp.  Worst deal in the game.  :Smile_sad:

1 doubloon = 25 xp converted to free xp.

10,000 doubloon = 250,000 xp converted to free xp.

10,000 doubloons = $39.60.

Bad deal.  Bad like selling Manhattan Island for 60 Dutch guilders worth of jewelry and stuff kind of bad.  :Smile_amazed:

This.  The only people who are doing this are the extremely rich people who have money to burn....and even THEY say this isn't worth it :)

Its a carrot on a stick....trying to tease you into spending doubloons.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,142 posts
14,332 battles
2 hours ago, Shadow2k1 said:

I just thought i'd ask cuz i have like 100,000 exp on one of my premium ships, but i can't use it on anything

Premium ships and Tier 10 ships that have no upgrades suffer from a similar problem, which mostly stems from user perception - where it all goes.

From Tier 1 to Tier 9, all the XP you make gets used twice. It counts toward directives, daily chains and earning containers in the immediate term, and it also forms part of the commander XP. At the end of that, it gets used again to unlock the ship or ships (if there is a line split) in the tier above.

At Tier 10 (for those T10 ships that don't have researchable modules) and in premium ships, the only permanent benefit goes toward contributing to the XP on the commander - either for retraining....

or to accelerate them towards 19 points

Otherwise it goes only toward the ephemeral daily or ongoing mission-related gains, with the side benefit that premium ships have lower service costs and make more credits for a given level of combat achievement (except at Tier 10, where the benefit is heavy reductions to service costs, giving affordability of regular play without needing to cough up money). But if the ship is fun and credit-affordable to play, that in itself is a benefit, helping you get some of those tasks and missions done more easily or more enjoyably. 

The XP on your premiums IS doing you some good - it's just that it's not always apparent where the good is being done. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PHU]
Members
206 posts
4,791 battles
3 hours ago, Shadow2k1 said:

I would say never spend doubloons on converting Elite/Premium Ship XP. Save up your special economic signals & camos and get a weekend of premium time when you see 200% bonus XP on first win on ships. Free XP is easy that way. Commander XP is also easy to get once you finally reach your first 19 point commander. Doubloons are for perma camos on tier 10s (if you enjoy high tier), but they are also now a lot more valuable since they added Premiums to the Armory with coupons.

Sign in to follow this