Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Young_Gatsu

FPS Drops in latest German CV patch

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

17
[CSWLN]
Members
40 posts
10,818 battles

Typically in heavy combat with CV's. Playing as CL, DDs.

 

Usually drops from 72 down to 30's. 

 

Running on Dell G7 laptop.

Edited by Young_Gatsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,182 battles

Turn off animations. The rendering for the flak bursts and tracers is stressing the graphics capability of your laptop.

There is another option that changes the squad being rendered as multiple planes, but I forget which one.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
416
[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

Someone in-game mentioned this, but all is good on my end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[CSWLN]
Members
40 posts
10,818 battles
11 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Turn off animations. The rendering for the flak bursts and tracers is stressing the graphics capability of your laptop.

There is another option that changes the squad being rendered as multiple planes, but I forget which one.

Thanks for that, I'll give it a go.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
28 posts
11,028 battles

I'm seeing this as well since the patch.

Never had a problem running at max FPS before.

1080ti & i7-7700k & 16GB ram @ max detail settings...never experienced FPS hiccups like this before.

I don't even need to be in heavy combat to see a drop...as soon as enemies are spotted it likes to drop from 75-77 to the 50s and 60s at times.

I guess I'll try running at reduced settings, but I see no reason why that would have to be necessary given this game and my PC specs.

Edited by PaceAdvantage_HB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
702
[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
8,476 battles
6 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

Turn off animations. The rendering for the flak bursts and tracers is stressing the graphics capability of your laptop.

There is another option that changes the squad being rendered as multiple planes, but I forget which one.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to give this a try. I've run into the same issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,463
[GOB]
Members
2,052 posts
6 hours ago, Young_Gatsu said:

Typically in heavy combat with CV's. Playing as CL, DDs.

 

Usually drops from 72 down to 30's. 

 

Running on Dell G7 laptop.

Dropped for Avg 160+ to 130s  sometimes dipping to 100...   Running 32"  curved at 2K 144Hz.  All maxxed settings   It's the game not being optimized. This is the only game I have this issue with and it's also the least graphically intense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,182 battles
32 minutes ago, PaceAdvantage_HB said:

I'm seeing this as well since the patch.

Never had a problem running at max FPS before.

1080ti & i7-7700k & 16GB ram @ max detail settings...never experienced FPS hiccups like this before.

I don't even need to be in heavy combat to see a drop...as soon as enemies are spotted it likes to drop from 75-77 to the 50s and 60s at times.

I guess I'll try running at reduced settings, but I see no reason why that would have to be necessary given this game and my PC specs.

 

21 minutes ago, Learux said:

I am seeing lower fps as well.

From what I've seen over the years, every so often there are issues with some players having fps drops after a patch, never all, just a small group.

Its something I raised as a topic a while back, the thread is below. There were multiple suggestions and I basically tried all, just can't remember the specific one that solved my issue. If you guys have the time to read through and try them they may help you. I don't use the pc I had back then anymore and my son basically scrubbed it clean when I gave it to him, but  from memory I got the best results by disabling the "performance" boost software that came with my Mobo.

Hope you guys get it resolved.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[CSWLN]
Members
40 posts
10,818 battles

Just wanted to put a bug back in WG's ear....

I reduced my settings to medium and turned off animations. Still getting intense frame rate drops when I'm playing as a DD in close combat. This is exacerbated when a CV is targeting me.

War Gaming. Can you please fix this problem so your player base can play the game?

Thanks,

Gatsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
28 posts
11,028 battles

also, holding down the CTRL key (like when targeting a ship for manual secondaries) results in additional, intense frame rate loss (especially if you are moving the mouse at the same time as holding down CTRL).

The longer and faster you move the mouse while holding down CTRL, the lower the frame rate goes....I get it down into the single digits after a few seconds of moving the mouse....

Reducing my settings seems to have no effect on solving this problem. And I've never had such frame rate drop prior to 9.6

All my nvidia drivers are up to date (running a 1080 Ti)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[CSWLN]
Members
40 posts
10,818 battles

So uh, heyyyyy WeeGee...

Playing as a BB with no CV's around. Guess what.... BIG FPS DROPS. Pretty cool there, esp since I just paid for 30 days of premium. Sorry for the snark, I appreciate y'all but please.

Can you maybe please fix this in the next patch?

PS. Playing on my Dell G7 with specs that should easily be able to handle this game.

Edited by Young_Gatsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
578
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
868 posts
2,737 battles

Is your laptop overheating or thermal throttling the CPU, GPU or I/O Bus?  They are not exactly the optimal gaming platform after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[CSWLN]
Members
40 posts
10,818 battles
10 hours ago, Snarky_Wombat said:

Is your laptop overheating or thermal throttling the CPU, GPU or I/O Bus?  They are not exactly the optimal gaming platform after all.

The heat level seems normal, it usually does get a little hot when playing. It has handled the game perfectly well up until this latest patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×