Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Doomviper

unbalanced matchmaker

15 comments in this topic

[MUG-T]
Members
7 posts
6,436 battles

I used to play over a year ago and finally stopped playing due to your unbalanced and unfair match maker , I put in lots of tickets to see if you all would improve it by not only matching same tier vs. same tier but also track player ranks and win percent and match more balanced on both sides, you did not listen so I left, I came back about 2 months ago, I love the game a lot, but to my disappointment the match maker is still horribly the same, when I loose I look at the players on both sides and currently  and always my team (loosing team) has less better players then the winning team, I base this by seeing how many current rank 1 each team has, I just ran a match and as an example we had 5 rank 1 to there 8 rank 1, so they won, every time I loose I look at this with the same result, I have submitted tickets and keep getting we do not guarantee wins, and that the match maker is working fine, well first of all I am not asking for guarantee wins, I am asking for a fair and balanced match with a chance to win , and if you wanna stay with the match maker the way it is then I guess I will get fed up again and leave and probably just never come back, no I know some might post saying they win, and it is me, but 1 person cant win it, it takes 12 to win, I don't know how many times I excel in a match only to loose, all I am asking for is a fair and balanced match by player ranks and wins taking into account.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

It's funny, because I JUST NOW had this match:

image.thumb.png.6a7e792f1d67912fea545764901fe53e.png

4 Rank 1s on the winning team, 8 on the losing team, and this match was not even close.  Remember, the silver rank 1 stars are for ranked sprint, which is a TON easier to rank out in than the gold star regular ranked.

Ultimatley, the matchmaker is what it is because WG wants to push through as many games as possible (they have admitted this and it makes perfect sense).  If we had double or triple the playerbase, they maybe could balance it, but they have been dead set against anything but very minor changes.  If thats not your cup of tea, hopefully you can find something more to your liking.

[-A-8-]
Members
456 posts
19,340 battles

Ranked isn't necessarily as much to do with a players ability as it is their ability to grind their way to a high rank. MM is random. Sometimes you'll get the better team others the worse.

Building complexity into MM sounds easy but in actuality would be very complex with a skill based MM ultimately turning everyone into a 50% WR player.

• Meh 2

[HINON]
Members
13,278 posts
2 hours ago, Doomviper said:

when I loose I look at the players on both sides and currently  and always my team (loosing team) has less better players then the winning team

There is only one constant in every battle you play and it sits behind your keyboard. Improve that and your winrate will increase.

• Cool 3

[TBB]
Members
616 posts
4,902 battles

Hey, I've run into you a few times with both of us running a CV. 

I wouldn't recommend comparing rank 1 as much as I would using apps like potato alert. 

Even then, don't think about it too much. Also, my offer still stands, glad to help if you have any questions. I'm not the best but I think I'm decent at carriers.

[MUG-T]
Members
7 posts
6,436 battles

This is in response to RipNuN2, like I stated in my main post 1 person cannot beat 12, it takes a team, that is not on me, and it ain't me, trust me.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,107 posts
10,283 battles

It isn't 1 vs 12. It's smaller individual fights of ranging from 1v1 to 1 v 4 distributed throughout the entire course of a game. If you're losing too much on the first fight, the additional fights are also penalized. Every single individual engagement in a fight matters, and undervaluing individual combat skill is a cop-out.

Individual contributions dramatically change the course of a game. The difference between the average player and a unicum player is that the unicum player capitalizes on mistakes and punishes much more than the average player. This is precisely why people with 65% or higher win rates in certain ships keep their win rates high. It's not because they were blessed with amazing teams 65% of the time, it's because they were able to augment their teammates with competent, consistent, and solid play.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[UNSCE]
[UNSCE]
Members
15 posts
2,244 battles

Have to agree with OP....just had this wonderful experience in a T6 Pensacola.  60 seconds into the match and I've already lost half my HP and two fires on deck after eating two rocket salvos from a T8 Lexington that just waltzed thru three overlapping AA auras and a set of catapult fighters.  I was actually relieved when I got hit in the citadel shortly after.

20200821_200544_PASC106-Pensacola-1944_52_Britain.wowsreplay

[-THOR]
Members
1 post
3,308 battles

I agree that MM is a manipulated feature for WOW to manage players win rate. WOW goal is to keep everyone in a median win/lose range to prevent players from getting slaughtered and thus quit playing, resulting in lost revenue and player base.

I have been on way to many teams that are way unbalanced and teamed with players that only want to bunch up together deep in the map and make no attempt to CAP or push back penetration. Bunched up deep in the map is just waiting to get flanked, slaughtered and lose.

MM is rigged by, and the game can be controlled by Admins during game play to manipulate  outcome and player outcome.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,648 posts
5,000 battles
On 8/20/2020 at 9:29 PM, Doomviper said:

This is in response to RipNuN2, like I stated in my main post 1 person cannot beat 12, it takes a team, that is not on me, and it ain't me, trust me.

Then just give up I guess?  One person can't beat twelve, so nothing matters?

Don't be stupid.  Nobody is saying one player beats the entire enemy team.  What were are say is that those who are above average put their thumb on the scale and the better they are the harder they push on the scale.  That doesn't mean that there won't be times when they lose anyways, but they will will more often than not.

[_BDA_]
Members
310 posts
4,893 battles
1 hour ago, WaterVapor said:

MM is rigged by, and the game can be controlled by Admins during game play to manipulate  outcome and player outcome.

Really?  You believe that WG has Admins watching games to screw with the players while the game is in progress?  If So, they must have an ungodly budget to pay for all those employees staring at a screen waiting to mess with just you.

Conspiracy theory much?

[FPA13]
Members
4 posts
5,979 battles

Totally, agree your point... worst and worst of the MM assign battle... worst and worst with such weekend gamer in the team... It's not just in random battle.... It's in every battle mode... unfair, unbalance, unmatch....finally result non-fun...

[WORX]
Members
10,712 posts
18,582 battles
8 hours ago, WaterVapor said:

I agree that MM is a manipulated feature for WOW to manage players win rate. WOW goal is to keep everyone in a median win/lose range to prevent players from getting slaughtered and thus quit playing, resulting in lost revenue and player base.

I have been on way to many teams that are way unbalanced and teamed with players that only want to bunch up together deep in the map and make no attempt to CAP or push back penetration. Bunched up deep in the map is just waiting to get flanked, slaughtered and lose.

The Principles of applied Math called, they wanted to know if they can have "credit" for WOWS MM back over your conspiracy theory??

They're arguing/insisting the laws favor them, over your conjecture. There is no way humans have the power to bend the laws of math in order to fit a false narrative.

Sincerely,

Archimedes

"The father of Math "

Sir Isaac Newton

"The Founding member of Calculus"

Hipparchus of Nicaea

" The Founding father of Trigonometry"

Sir Ronald Fisher

"The father of modern statistics and experimental design."

[-H-]
Members
135 posts
6,422 battles

its working exactly as planned. You must not spend enough money and play premium. Ive had enough of the dumb chat bans and now completely one sided games over and over and over again.  This game is full of people who trash talk, then you retort, and they report you and you get banned. Ive finally had enough.

[MUG-T]
Members
7 posts
6,436 battles

compassghost everything you say is correct, but when you constantly get 4 kills and still loose , like I said the problem aint me, now if you say I need to do more then you can kiss it at this point. and as for the person that posted they dont manipulate, it is possible, they dont need thousands of people watching all they need is one good algorithm to monitor, super easy to do, it is called programming. last it is the same company and from what I hear they do it in tanks to keep people at about 45% win so it is possible here as well, last how lucky you are of what side the MM puts you on is key as well and I have horrible luck.

Sign in to follow this