You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
yinzer_1

What BB line to play in random

10 comments in this topic

[FFG31]
Members
48 posts
7,138 battles

I have been playing over a year my win rate is terrible, I started to really study the came watch videos and get all the advice I can. I want to restart at tier 5 BB in random and get my win rate up. What line of BB is good to work on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[CDOH]
Members
392 posts
6,939 battles

Russian BBs have the best line.  Each battleship from Tier 5 through 10 is Great to Fantastic.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,900 posts
17,948 battles

Find a line you enjoy playing and are willing to study and play a lot to gain the experience necessary to perform well in that line.  As noted above, the Russian line is perhaps the best soup to nuts..tier to tier...best BB line in terms of capabilities.  But it does require the proper play style.  If that play style is fun, then great...that's your line.  But if not, find the one where style matches your fun.  You will become much better playing for fun with a style you enjoy, than playing for win rate with style that isn't fun.

Also, keep in mind your style can change over the years.  I hated the Colorado when I was first moving through the tiers.  going from twelve 14 to eight 16 just didn't fit my style.  Very happy to get to the big boys at T8...faster and better punch.  As I gained experience, I came back to Colorado and found I really like her.  West Virginia too.  

Although I don't know when/if WG will ever put Cesare up for sale or not, but tier for tier it is the most OP ship in the game today.  It plays like a T6, but runs at T5.  It is a monster when played well.  If win rate is your goal...that's the one...IF (big if) you can get her.

Okt R (Russian) is also good.  

[SALVO]
Members
4,479 posts
3,829 battles

If your intention is to learn the game and improve your performance, then play all the lines tier 5 to 7. Every line plays a bit different, and is a good learning experience to figure out each one of them. Also, by playing them all you get to spend more time in each tier, which is also good from a learning perspective, you get more time to learn and get to know the environment.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts
58 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

If your intention is to learn the game and improve your performance, then play all the lines tier 5 to 7. Every line plays a bit different, and is a good learning experience to figure out each one of them. Also, by playing them all you get to spend more time in each tier, which is also good from a learning perspective, you get more time to learn and get to know the environment.

It also makes the game more interesting, and fun.

1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I hated the Colorado when I was first moving through the tiers.

Me too. And now they want me to regrind it for the split.
Ahh Hail No!!
I tried it. I still hate it. It's just, tooooo daaaang slooooooow.

That said..
Russian line if you want to punch people in the face, and you'll have to bcuz range is low.
British line if you like to lay back and lob shells at the enemy. You can also brawl with the Brits which is why I prefer the line. More versatility.

Edited by z9_

[SIDE]
Members
4,705 posts
1 hour ago, Rothgar_57 said:

Russian BBs have the best line.  Each battleship from Tier 5 through 10 is Great to Fantastic.

Great suggestion. Russians are very cut and dry. They are head on flank pushers and about as subtle as a sledgehammer. They have serious weaknesses that balance them out (more or less) but those are pretty easy to protect if the enemy allows. Very consistent from bottom to top tier 

The Japanese are also pretty cut and dry. They are accurate mid to long range artillery that can move pretty quickly. A bit of a change at tier 9-10.

I'd also mention the Germans. Purpose built brawlers. Generally excellent secondaries, good speed, respectable main gunnery.  Line is very consistent but has a couple battleships mixed in with torpedos or hydro for a little pizzaz.

[-VT-]
Members
857 posts
25,396 battles

I would play the Germans first, then maybe the IJN. Lower tier they are strong, so are the Russians. However, you can make all the lines work if you play to their strengths.

I would vary your lines and work in the 5-7 range until you get the feel of each line. If you see me in game message me and we can div up I can share any tips that I can see from your play.

[SEA-7]
Members
256 posts
5,184 battles
1 hour ago, yinzer_1 said:

I have been playing over a year my win rate is terrible, I started to really study the came watch videos and get all the advice I can. I want to restart at tier 5 BB in random and get my win rate up. What line of BB is good to work on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am grinding the Soviet BB's now, and its been a real pleasure. Every boat has been strong. Sinop and Vlad have been highlights. Pytor and Vlad play similar and Sinop and Izmail play similar. Sinop and Izmail are pretty simple bow tankers. Find a strategic place on the map where you wont get cross fired and have some protection against DD and move forward slowly and back off when you over extend. They burn like everything else and have pretty fragile broadsides. Pytor and Vlad aren't as great at bow tanking but have better broadside protection and are better for all around multi role battleshipping. You can kite higher tier bb, push, hold, etc. Admiringly they are more complex but they have been great to play. Guns are happy place is 10-15km be careful around brawlers with strong secondaries, they will light you up. DD is a huge weakness for this ships, you are almost helpless against them without hydro that some other nations have and your secondaries will rarely be of help. 

My win rate was 40% six months ago (I only started in November of last year), it's much much better now. I don't mind losing, but I hate having a game where I lose because I made too many mistakes! Losing is the most painful and effective way to get better. GL, HH. 

[FFG31]
Members
48 posts
7,138 battles

Thanks for the comments game mates, I will work on T5 BB stick to one nation to get the hang of it then work another

• Cool 1

Members
597 posts
7,318 battles
1 hour ago, yinzer_1 said:

Thanks for the comments game mates, I will work on T5 BB stick to one nation to get the hang of it then work another

I would just get a MASS and be done with it. Play 1K games in that and you will have a good time. Win/R wgaf? Have fun is the most important thing and that is a very easy ship to play.