You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lazysteel

What is with these new sounds

37 comments in this topic

[-V1-]
Members
14 posts
9,411 battles

Wargaming, what in the country loving sister marrying crap did you do to the sounds? Like, really? It sounds like some 1950 western movie where they are shooting at cans. Who was the good idea fairy on that one? probably the same guys who said we should split the USN line with ships that only go 23Knots. Seriously get your stuff together. You are going backwards as a game not forwards. My piece

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
52 posts
8,982 battles

I totally agree.. the gun training and rudder shift sound is like what the  FFFF ? I have tried every which way to turn it off incluuding going from ultra to high and nothing works. It is DISTRACTING AND STUPID. What are you thinking.. turn that junk off PLEASE !!!

• Cool 1

[DJC]
Members
31 posts
3,076 battles

Because that's what actual ricochets sound like? :Smile_facepalm:A shell bouncing off steel armor at terminal velocity is supposed to make a loud "ftwang". That's how it is in real life believe it or not :cap_book:

Personally, the new sounds are great, ricochets sound like actual ricochets (though you seem to disagree) and penetrations sound more devastating, like they're exploding inside the bowels of the ship.

Just thought I'd give my insight, take what you want from it.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 1

Members
52 posts
8,982 battles

well NO.... the sounds occur when you steaming along move your turrets or rudder.... clonk clonk.. what??

Members
120 posts
5,012 battles

Some of the sounds are okay, I think. The penetration hit marker sound is okay. But the hit marker sound you receive when you take HE damage sounds terrible. When I was playing in a dd I had to keep looking over my shoulder I was so confused as to what I was actually hearing.

Edited by CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN

[DJC]
Members
31 posts
3,076 battles
1 minute ago, Kiwirat said:

well NO.... the sounds occur when you steaming along move your turrets or rudder.... clonk clonk.. what??

I'm not exactly sure what it is you're asking?

Turrets turning make a faint mechanical whine.....just like real life :Smile_facepalm:

The 'clink clack' when setting your rudder with Q or E is honestly the most petty thing I've heard someone complain about at this point.... just turn with A and D and there is no noise that comes from the rudder as far as I know.

• Meh 1

Members
52 posts
8,982 battles
11 minutes ago, P51pilot122 said:

The 'clink clack' when setting your rudder with Q or E is honestly the most petty thing I've heard someone complain about at this point.

..well you obviously dont get what I am talking about so kindly cut with the personal judgments sir. The sounds occur on all my ships now whether it is the a,d, q or e buttons and also occurs at every gun turret shift with the mouse.. gun turns a few degrees.. Clonk at start of move Clonk at end all the time. Believe me it is unrealistic, I have served on ships with gun turrets and that does not happen. Nor does a rudder shift make noise. this is just some developer trying to earn a few dollars..

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[GWG]
Members
6,954 posts
13,500 battles

That's what happens when your ship doesn't earn enough oil..  All squeaky - and suddenly your turret freezes up...
(muffled) oil-can... oil-can....

• Funny 2
  • Haha 1

Members
419 posts
24,006 battles

there is an annoying deep horn or something when in battle  ....the other sounds arent to bad 

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
147 posts
3,647 battles

The sounds of the guns and ricochet's are pretty nice in my opinion. At least planes sound nice when I am getting hounded and sunk by them now. I actually enjoy a lot of them, personally, especially some of the gun sounds. It seems like they added some new sound effects to the firing of guns, which I find appealing too. 

There are worse things they could have done! They could have reworked cruisers! :cap_book:

• Cool 1

[BSL]
Members
1,201 posts
20,877 battles

Start turning down different effects in Settings.  I suggest Radio effect first (mine is at 0), but also try Gunfire, Ambient, Damage, Engine, Voice Message , and  Interface volume.  I find Interface and Voice Message to be most important, but Radio Effect is most irritating.

[TBB]
Members
616 posts
4,838 battles

I thought the sounds we're ok during the pubic test as well as many others. Probably should have gone in there and left feedback m8.

[WORX]
Members
10,631 posts
18,539 battles

If a blind man plays WOWS, the sounds of the game are now confusing.

Now, superimpose the visuals with the sounds...Now at best, you have a game resembling a poorly dubbed old martial arts/kung fu movie of the 1970s.

At worst, you have WOT sounds, superimposed/dubbed over a WOWS battle/match...

Some will like this arrangement, at least I didn't... Don't like it in PTS for the same reason.

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
202 posts
7,297 battles

I can handle the sounds. What I hate is the stupid change to the interface in port. Once again WG changing something they didn't need to. 

• Confused 2

Members
2,117 posts
6,338 battles

War Gaming the sounds are great, These are just the people who Complain about Change. 

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,165 battles
1 minute ago, Raven114 said:

War Gaming the sounds are great, These are just the people who Complain about Change. 

Yes this ^^^ so scared of change always use the same excuse why fix it if it’s not broke . 

Members
113 posts
3,155 battles

I kind of like the new sounds.  It’s not like it’s spoiling the super realism (lol) of the game, although tbh even a modern (i.e. quieter) warship firing weapons in an exercise, or even just answering bells during exercises, is an extremely noisy affair.

Also as others have said, they can be set to preference yes? 

[GT3]
Members
152 posts
6,223 battles

Still tweaking the volume levels but overall enjoying the new sounds..

If nothing else.. At least the engines dont sound like a washing machine anymore.. Loving the deep rumble on bb's.

• Cool 2

[DJC]
Members
31 posts
3,076 battles
10 hours ago, Kiwirat said:

..well you obviously dont get what I am talking about so kindly cut with the personal judgments sir. The sounds occur on all my ships now whether it is the a,d, q or e buttons and also occurs at every gun turret shift with the mouse.. gun turns a few degrees.. Clonk at start of move Clonk at end all the time. Believe me it is unrealistic, I have served on ships with gun turrets and that does not happen. Nor does a rudder shift make noise. this is just some developer trying to earn a few dollars..

You're right, I don't get what you're talking about, proper punctuation could help with that.

Something is probably wrong with your game, because I don't hear anything like you describe when playing, my turrets sound like turrets :Smile_veryhappy:

To be more exact, this 'clonk' sound only plays for me when setting my rudder to 1/2 or full with the Q and E keys, no sounds at all when using A and D. My turrets don't clink clonk at all, they whine like they should when rotating.

Not sure how this coincides with developers trying to earn cash as well, they're just sounds. If you don't like them, you could always mute your game .

If you're so offended by my 'personal judgement' wherever that was, then I apologize :Smile_sceptic:

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,443 posts
6,495 battles

Some of it is .... well, interesting choices, to say the least?    But the new plane sounds in CVs are actually quite excellent IMO.     

[META_]
Members
2,195 posts
7,292 battles
3 hours ago, Raven114 said:

YEAH!! Change is bad.

One time my mom sent me to the store with a $20 bill to buy some feminine supplies. This was way back in the day, I'm 67, so they were still cheap. Amounted to less than $4.

Even then, i hated change so much, i refused to take it. REFUSED!! And i'm no better now. All change is bad. 

Not. I do wish they would undo the hellacious damage done to the IJN torp DDs. Shima nice, friendly bote, not hurt anyone.

Actually, the destroyer engine sounds are the only one that bothers me. Sounds very much like an old Diesel tractor or possibly steam driven crane (piston driven), NOT a steam turbine winding up. Then again, turbines are really irritating, can't image that would sound all that good in game after a couple battles. If you stayed afloat long enough, they are DDs, and there are CVs.

Other than that, the turret noises are spot on, as is the clunks of the prop shafts, reversal gears, etc.

But can't help pondering our approach is way off. Wonder what WG would do with some requests to add a page in 'Settings' for Premium, in which you could micromanage Sound Settings, introduce your own, etc?

Soon, soon, it won't take long.... 

• Funny 2

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
13 hours ago, Lazysteel said:

Wargaming, what in the country loving sister marrying crap did you do to the sounds? Like, really? It sounds like some 1950 western movie where they are shooting at cans. Who was the good idea fairy on that one? probably the same guys who said we should split the USN line with ships that only go 23Knots. Seriously get your stuff together. You are going backwards as a game not forwards. My piece

The sounds you're referring to reminded me of Bugs Bunny cartoons when I first head them.  Totally out of place.  Thankfully there is an option to turn the effect down or completely off.

At least the new plane and ship engine sounds are nice.  But in other ways WG have really taken the p|ss with this game...

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 2