Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_BBaby

Bugreport: UI for Adjustable Panels [Mod]

5 comments in this topic

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,135 posts
5,017 battles

Was not sure where to drop this or who to reach out to, so Ill leave it here.:Smile-_tongue:

Encountered a bug today with the adjustable side panels mod by BADoBEST. I downloaded it from the Modstation for the new update and have been using it for several months. Was working fine until today. I think what happened is I was using the menu to play with the settings as a battle ended. Anyhow, now whenever I go into a new battle (any mode) the menu is there at the start and I have to exit out. Not game breaking or worth uninstalling for, but a minor inconvenience. Tried removing and reinstalling the mod (via modstation) as well as restarting the client (to no avail). 

Being a player modification bug I wasn't sure who or how to contact. I can supply screnshots, WGChecks, video, whatever anyone may need! Just wanted to make the issue known to the creators and maybe find a fix for it on my end. 

Keep up the great mods!:Smile_honoring:

Developers
341 posts
23 battles
8 hours ago, _BBaby said:

Encountered a bug today with the adjustable side panels mod by BADoBEST.

Hi, please attach couple screenshots with the issue and describe what you did.

Did you try to uninstall the mod and install again?

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,135 posts
5,017 battles
13 hours ago, MatroseFuchs said:

Hi, please attach couple screenshots with the issue and describe what you did.

I tried to describe the issue as best I can in the original post. Basically, when I enter battle, the settings screen for my side panels is up and I have to manually close out of it (every game). I think it was caused by me having the menu open as a previous battle ended, but I am not sure.

Spoiler

2020-07-10.thumb.png.988e6cf5233cedd24afba2e2e819abc1.png

Screenshot of me entering battle. The menu is always there at the start and I have to close out of it before every game

13 hours ago, MatroseFuchs said:

Did you try to uninstall the mod and install again?

Yes, but only by removing it from the Modstation then re-adding it. I didn't go manually hunt down the files and delete anything because frankly I do not know where to look. My experience with installing and removing mods does not extend past the Modstation UI

Developers
341 posts
23 battles
16 hours ago, _BBaby said:

I tried to describe the issue as best I can in the original post. Basically, when I enter battle, the settings screen for my side panels is up and I have to manually close out of it (every game). I think it was caused by me having the menu open as a previous battle ended, but I am not sure.

Ok, now i see the issue, thank you for the screenshot. Lets try to resole it. Please remove the "World_of_Warships\preferences.xml" file and run the game, then go in battle and check the mod menu.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,135 posts
5,017 battles
On 7/11/2020 at 2:13 PM, MatroseFuchs said:

Ok, now i see the issue, thank you for the screenshot. Lets try to resole it. Please remove the "World_of_Warships\preferences.xml" file and run the game, then go in battle and check the mod menu.

Sorry for the delayed response, but deleting that XML file worked perfect! Lost my settings, but the issue is fixed. Thanks for the great help!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this