You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Boomer625

How to use Camo?

11 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
369 posts
1,027 battles

How do you use the camos without significant cost? Most of them I dont think have a reliable source to draw from/ cost doubloons. do you use them at a specific tier and up? for which ships do you usually think is worth t put camos on?

Edited by Boomer625

[PVE]
Members
1,031 posts
8,573 battles

Generally speaking I make sure I use them T7 and up. The higher the XP boost the better since most rewards scale off of XP. Camo with economic boosts I prioritize for T9 and T8.

I use trash camos at T6 and below if I don't sell them from the inventory screen.

[WOLF1]
Members
369 posts
1,027 battles

I have seen three types of camos that cost credits.... are those any good to equip?

[CLUMP]
Members
834 posts
1,171 battles
13 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

I have seen three types of camos that cost credits.... are those any good to equip?

Ships below tier five have one-time camo for doubloons but tier five and above have permanent camo :Smile_coin: I find it odd that in wot you can buy permanent camo for any tank on any tier but not here on wows :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by LastRemnant

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles
14 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

If you mouse over the camos they tell you what they do. The game gives so many away that you don't have to buy them, I sell a lot of mine in the inventory. There are also permanent camos that you can buy and or earn for tier 6 ships and up. If you are spending money on the game the best place to start is premium time.

image.thumb.png.3c13f26d950913f455a23549e85cb225.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PVE]
Members
6,172 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

How do you use the camos without significant cost? Most of them I dont think have a reliable source to draw from/ cost doubloons. do you use them at a specific tier and up? for which ships do you usually think is worth t put camos on?

Lower tier DD are best to use at least the cheap Type 1 camo as it gives you better detection for sneaking up on people & out spotting other DDs. Type 5 that gives the detection plus dispersion bonuses are better of course but that detection bonus is a must for all DDs even if you can't afford the Type 5s.

When playing ships that the detection is really bad anyway (most lower tier BBs) I'd use the type 2 camos just to disperse the inevitable incoming fire. Also good for agile cruisers w/fast firing turrets you don't plan on stopping firing on as detection is something you try to plan ahead to use islands for & as your gonna be firing non stop the dispersion will help w/all that incoming return fire you fail to dodge naturally.

Mid to higher tier DDs you definitely want to use type 5 camo or any alternate camos you have lying around as they all get both bonuses other than the type 1 & 2 but you need not only the detection but also the dispersion bonus at mid tiers & up as many ships will tend to aim at you at once when you get spotted.

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
4 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

For T6 & up you can buy a perma-camo. T6 is 1000 doubloons and each tier the price increases by 1000 doubloons so a T10 perma-camo cost you 5000 doubloon which is $20.

The higher tiered you ship is the more it cost to battle. It cost 180,000 credits to battle with a T10 tech tree ship without a camo. The perma-camo give you a 50% lower cost. 

I suggest you go to the game's wiki and check out the economy & camo pages. I learned a lot there about when where to use camos. 

You can win camos in events and sometimes perma-camos.

[ALLY]
Members
273 posts
18,470 battles

Read Hapa's post about free camo.  Usually or at least they used to give them every week if you did the simple things that they asked you to do.  As a previous poster stated.  I get enough free ones now that I do not buy any.  If I need them in the future, I will start following Hapa's post and get more from that.

C130 signing out

[WOLF1]
Members
369 posts
1,027 battles

I have seen three types of camos that cost credits.... are those any good to equip fore long term grinding?

also yes I have been getting camos from the happa daily screnshot events

[WMD]
Members
1,621 posts
9,759 battles
48 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

I have seen three types of camos that cost credits.... are those any good to equip fore long term grinding?

also yes I have been getting camos from the happa daily screnshot events

When you don't have camo that provides bonuses to XP, FXP, etc. run the camo that gives the best combat bonuses. 

You want the concealment, and dispersion bonus on pretty much any ship. With a BB you could argue that the dispersion bonus is enough, but always run the best credit camo you can if you don't have a good free camo.