Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VonSchoenvorts

Tier X CV vs DD ridiculousness

12 comments in this topic

Banned
120 posts
8,573 battles

Okay I have the Tier X CV Midway which has 18 127mm guns (9 each side). What I'd really like to know is WHY THE HELL THEY CAN'T DO A DAMN THING TO A TIER X DD?!!!!!!!!! AND WHY DOES A TIER X DD GET SO MUCH [edited]AA THAT MY PLANES CAN BARELY GET ONE [edited]ATTACK OFF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS THE [edited]POINT OF BUSTING MY [edited]TO GET THE MIDWAY WHEN THE PLANES ARE SO INEFFECTIVE AND THE GUNS ARE JUST FOR SHOW?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SUCH [edited]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Funny 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[RLGN]
Members
14,297 posts
25,149 battles

Sounds like OP met a Flat Pack.

That, or some nearby cruisers were closer than was realized.

Other than the Ikeas; the rest of the DDs aren’t that difficult to attack, as long as they’re alone.

How much damage you’ll actually do, and how many planes it will cost to make such an attack is its own issue.

Banned
120 posts
8,573 battles

@Estimated_Prophet I have no idea what a flat pack is, but no there was no other ships around, it was a Halland ALONE. He launched torps and missed most of them and then went to work with his guns, I closed the distance quickly and got within gun range but they had almost no effect and his AA was so strong I couldn't do much in the air,  hence my grievance.

[NGA-A]
Members
1,284 posts
7,358 battles
1 hour ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

Okay I have the Tier X CV Midway which has 18 127mm guns (9 each side). What I'd really like to know is WHY THE HELL THEY CAN'T DO A DAMN THING TO A TIER X DD?!!!!!!!!! AND WHY DOES A TIER X DD GET SO MUCH [edited]AA THAT MY PLANES CAN BARELY GET ONE [edited]ATTACK OFF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS THE [edited]POINT OF BUSTING MY [edited]TO GET THE MIDWAY WHEN THE PLANES ARE SO INEFFECTIVE AND THE GUNS ARE JUST FOR SHOW?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SUCH [edited]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Welcome to the forums.  Just a bit of advise, when you format your message in all caps and use expletives that get automatically edited no one will take you serious.  The more intelligent thing would have been to go on the forums and ask if anyone has any advice as to counter the issues you're having.  Trust me, there are a lot of players out there that could help you.  I know a Midway never has any problems deleting me when I'm in a DD, no matter which Tier X DD I use.

[RLGN]
Members
14,297 posts
25,149 battles
39 minutes ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

@Estimated_Prophet I have no idea what a flat pack is, but no there was no other ships around, it was a Halland ALONE. He launched torps and missed most of them and then went to work with his guns, I closed the distance quickly and got within gun range but they had almost no effect and his AA was so strong I couldn't do much in the air,  hence my grievance.

Exactly what you just said. The Flat Pack/IKEA/Swedish/(so called)Pan European destroyers are infamous for the effective nature of their AA.

Especially the higher tier DDs. They’re like Atlanta and Cleveland used to be. You just don’t go near them.

[TBB]
Members
616 posts
4,838 battles

You gotta learn how to fly simply put. When you hear "taking fire!" And the AA fire warning pops, IMMEDIATELY hold down A or D until the first 2 sets of clouds pop, then switch to the other button as that second flak cloud pops, and again, and again until you can line your shot up. Practice in the training room will really help, cause you can easily get paired up against really good players in random tier X.

Also, do not really on the secondary guns of a non German CV to hit a DD. They can hit cruisers but the cruiser needs to be down to 1000 health.

Edited by Merc_R_Us

[SPTR]
Members
27,145 posts
16,381 battles

Clearly something has gone very wrong in the events leading up to the point that your raging at your CV's secondary guns inability to fight off an enemy dd that manage to get into their firing range

[LAH]
[LAH]
Members
31 posts
11,105 battles

Sweet CV player tears, keep them coming. Meanwhile they don't see the irony that they are able to freely attack other players without retaliation until a DD gets up close and personal. Then they expect to be able to just be immune to DD attacks with mega super secondaries. Talk about entitled and lazy player base. 

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
820 posts
9,355 battles

Halland is a CV hard counter. One of the few. 

OP, the way you feel now is how every other dd in the game feels when your planes whiz out of nowhere, pummel it for thousands of health, then return in a few minutes to do it again. 

CV are so strong against DDs its silly and I say this as a CV/DD driver. Fortunately they are experimenting on how to balance things out.  

Edited by mrieder79

Members
3,089 posts
6,643 battles

Halland is a great AA destroyer, but it's more of a hard counter against potato CVs, because really good CV players dump on me in Halland just as well as they would if I was in Kleber with a crippled engine and no DCP. 

[PROG]
Members
22 posts
3,778 battles

imagine complaining about the most broken mechanic in the game.

CV planes are way OP vs DDs - between the spotting and the insane damage that can be done with impunity. GARBAGE!

Sign in to follow this